Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder
Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Coty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

My grandmother used this in her makeup wearing years--but I didn't know that when I bought my first box. I used it in my very early 20s, then switched to Elizabeth Arden, then went to Bonne Bell, then New York Color, now I'm back to Coty. It does not break me out, and it does not turn orange, which is about all I ask. :-)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This a must have! I don't even remember what I did before I found this other than run around with a shiny nose! They have recently changed the packaging, it now comes in a hard plastic compact as opposed to the cardboard and now has pre-punched holes so there is no making pinholes in the plastic. I have had many people comment that this combined with Revlon Colorstay gives excellent coverage and still looks natural. You have to give it a try!

on 8/21/2010 10:25:00 PM

I LOVE THIS! Yes, it's a) old- fashioned, b) smells like old-lady perfume, c) has cumbersome packaging, d) and it's not very transportable. What I do is initially poke several small holes in the plastic covering over the powder. put the lid back on, shake, and remove the lid. Then I swirl in a big puffy brush and brush it all over my face. The translucent does have a faint pinkish tint, but isn't noticeable (on me), and the result is pretty much flawless coverage of shine.

This is going to sound over-the-top impossible but, trust me. Many years ago someone told me about this trick and it works. Instead of applying the powder over your liquid foundation, you apply it first, then foundation. Using a cotton ball, pat the powder liberally over your clean, non-greasy moisturized face, then, with a clean puff, stroke downward to remove excess. Next, and this is crucial, dot on an oil-free, MUST be oil-free, liquid foundation and blend. The result is a poreless, flawless complexion. Even though my skin tends towards dryness, this method doesn't seem to dry it out. I've only tried this method with Coty but it may work with other loose powders.

This is the first item that has ever inspired me to write a review.

For me, this stuff is total HG status.
I have previously tried MUFE's Super Matte Loose Powder and Palladio Rice Powder, but this stuff blows them out of the water. MUFE's Matte Powder never gave me the truly poreless, oil free results I needed, and Palladio's Rice Powder is nice but doesn't give the same coverage that this does.

This product makes me stay matte ALL day! I applied it this morning over my Revlon ColorStay (another HG) and it is still perfect after a day of shopping. I pat it on t-zone and cheeks with some makeup puffs that I bought at Wal-Mart and then use the puff that comes with it to sort of blend everything together.

I've been using it for the last 4 or 5 days and I haven't seen any emerging breakouts, but I'll update if a crisis occurs.

I recommend 100%!

on 4/6/2011 9:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I got this powder in Walgreen's today for the first time. Ive always heard nice things about it but have never had any. I'm really pleased with it. The smell is so nice too and a friend told me today that its the same smell as Coty's classic fragrance L'Origin.

on 7/13/2011 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When I found out this product hadn't been discontinued, I couldn't get to my Walgreens fast enough to buy some. The young girl who checked me out said , "My grandmother used this stuff. What is it?" I replied, "The best loose powder you can find. There's a reason your grandmother uses it, because it's a classic. I bet she has beautiful skin. " To which she replied, "yes she does."

I love the smell, the consistency, and the oil control this product has. In fact, in my whole life I have only purchased 3. They last that long.

I had been using NYC loose powder for the last 2 years and just hadn't been completely happy with it. When I got home, I compared the 2 and guess what? NYC is owned by Coty. WOW! But I could never find the ingredients for the NYC loose powder to see what the difference is. But that really doesn't matter because, I'm set for the next couple of years and hope that Coty never discontinues this product.

on 11/25/2012 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

You get what you pay for. I hate the packaging it's extremely messy. I am oily and this does not help. It also offers very little coverage. Since the price was cheap I thought I would try it.

on 2/18/2013 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Most powders I use are over priced and just sit on top of the foundation making it look caked on. This although, is better than most. It helps smooth and set the foundation. It prevents oils and shininess on my face. Sure the smell isn't the best but it does not irritate my eyes like others. I love that you get so much for the price.

on 8/19/2013 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This review is for the colored powder not the translucent. I have it in muted rose (a light pink tone) and rachel 2 (a light beige tone). I bought them for under $6.00 dollars a box at my local drugstore. Beyond being super affordable, this is just the best powder. It sets my makeup beautifully while adding a hint of color. The texture is really light and doesn't leave me looking too matte. There's a reason this has been around since the 1930's; it's good!

Edit: I recently colored my hair red and the yellow base in the rachel 2 really makes me glow.