Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage
airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverageCoty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverageairspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

4.3

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this powder! The perfume smell is a little extra, but it doesn't stick around for too long. I use this powder mainly to set my undereyes, but I also use it to set my nose and chin, all spots that get a little oily throughout the day. I wouldn't recommend using this on dry spots as it tends to cling. I leave this off my cheeks and forehead, and just stick to setting spray there.

on 11/20/2016 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this powder for over a year now (still have half left!). It smells like a grandma but is effective to set makeup and touch up your shine throughout the day. I have very oily skin, so nothing works to keep the shine at bay for the whole day, but this does a better job than anything I have used prior. Doesnt look or feel heavy. I was worried it would break me out due to the fragrance but i have had no trouble. Very affordable. I bought it on Amazon since it's not available in store in Canada. Will repurchase.

on 8/31/2016 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This powder has been around forever and there is a reason for that!!! Never tried it in the past, thinking it would make my skin feel dry. I'm a combo, with oily T-zone, made worse by the New Orleans summer heat and humidity. Well I bought this powder in Honey Beige, since the Translucent wasn't available. Wowza!!! I am using Avon Anew 2 in 1 compact foundation, which is also prone to problems with the heat and humidity. Today I used the Anew day cream, the Anew foundation and pressed on the Coty powder, then buffed with a rounded kabuki (ELF). My makeup hasn't looked this good or natural since I don't know when.

Will post again later in the day as to how it holds up in the heat and humidity. I must say that my skin doesn't feel dry or tight at all. Thanks for reading.

UPDATE: 12 hours after applying foundation and Coty I had very minimal shine on my forehead. This I can live with!!! I'm gonna love this oldie but goodie!!!

on 8/11/2016 7:37:00 PM

This is one of the few loose powders I own and I have the translucent powder. Not translucent extra coverage.
Yes the scent is strong but I like it as it remind me of old time makeup, vintage like stuff. And it does have a nice finish to it. It's a lot of product in the packaging so it'll last a real long time. If only there was a compact version then it'd practically be the only powder I'd buy.

I'm not sensitive to smells at all, but damn this thing smells horrible 😢!! It's not so much the scent, but rather that it's a STRONG STRONG SCENT that never ever goes away ever ever.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

HG status. Why this isn't a cult status, I'll never know. Yes, there's a bit of a scent, but the newest one I bought in the last few weeks isn't as scented as it used to be. This is great for those that are put off by the flowery scent.

What's fantastic about this product is that you don't even need liquid foundation. It provides a really good amount of coverage without having to layer it on and get that dreaded cake face.

If you do use liquid foundation under this, it will give you a beautiful airbrushed look, and won't conceal a luminous finish if that's the kind of foundation you use.

With that being said, if you notice that this is a little powdery looking, all you have to do is take a clean brush and swipe the excess off your face. Or you could use MAC fix+ spray and that will fix it too (so will putting any Micellar water in a spray bottle and using that, because it's essentially the same thing).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- oil control
- lots of product

CONS

- scent
- can be drying
- looks powdery

COMMENTS: I find this can be drying, so it's best used with a more hydrating base. I can't stand the scent, so it makes it harder to bake with because I just end up inhaling so much of it. I prefer my colorless Ben Nye and RCMA powders, as they look more natural and don't look like powder at all.

Will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Best powder ever !!! Nothing else compares and it lasts forever

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I think every woman including my mother had this powder in the 80s. I remember seeing the large container everywhere. I'm surprised I never bought this until now. I never see it in stores because its not sold near the makeup! Why do they sell this in the nail department? I found it at Walmart near the Sally Hansen display. Don't blink because you will miss it. I guess Coty only sells this powder and that is it. There was a tiny display of four random powders on the ground level shelf. The price was only $6 for such a large container. I picked up the shade Translucent Extra Coverage. This is the BEST powder for my very oily skin. In fact, maybe too good! This powder is ultra matte coverage. I do not have oil show through ever when I wear this and no powder ever has given me full shine free coverage all day long. I can't get over the performance of this powder. My skin tends to get so oily that I usually use a powder foundation and top it off with a setting powder. All of my other setting powders leave me oily at about noon time and I need to reapply. When I apply Coty over my powder foundation, I stay shine free all day without needing to touch up. I tested this with a liquid foundation as well. Now with liquids, I get pretty shiny almost immediately, about two hours after initial application so I always need to carry a setting powder with me to blot during the day. I set my liquid foundation with Coty and I stayed matte for the entire night I was out (about 8 hours) without needing to blot! For the record, this is the very first time ever that I didn't need to blot throughout the night after setting a liquid foundation. This is winter so I'm hoping this powder will perform just as well during the summer. I would love for Coty to come out with a compact form to be able to carry on the go.

Overall: A+ Performance
Sensitivities: 0 (no rashes, breakouts or itchiness)
Cost: Affordable @ under six bucks
Texture & Finish: Very finely milled with a high end luxurious feel. Matte finish without the white cast.

on 1/20/2016 6:24:00 PM

Very happy with this product! It stays ALL day. Make sure you don't use too much or it cakes and sticks to dry spots. VERY little and it works (: