Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder
Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Coty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

4.3

on 5/30/2018 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Best powder I’ve ever used, hands down. Unlike others, I love the scent (L’Origan). I don’t use powder over foundation anymore, but now I use it as a foundation in the summer. I live in a desert climate and summers are very hot, and this fine-milled powder doesn’t melt. Love it to bits.

on 5/30/2018 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is by far the best powder ive ever used. It goes on a like a dream with my mac face and body foundation! It makes my foundation last longer and the finish is just natural almost like second skin. The only down side is yes you guessed it the AWFUL SMELL it reminds me of my grandma’s powder back in the day. Overall I love it! One tub will definitely last you ages. Will defi

on 3/31/2018 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Update 2018--
This is a good powder but not the best, not even at the drugstore. If you use bb creams or very thin liquidy base products, and you have light to light-medium skin, this powder will be excellent for you to use around the face. But if your base is just good and it's thicker than a thin liquid, I find this powder just adds a bit too much heaviness; not quite as apparent as when you use a full coverage powder foundation on top of a full coverage liquid, but close. This is good at controlling oiliness, and I often use it for that, applied only on the T zone. For setting at the drugstore I far prefer Maybelline Shine free loose powder, and if I want something completely transparent, the NYX HD silica powder.

-------'''-------'------------'
Old review

I like this as a finishing powder for my tzone.

It has some oil control and legit makes my skin look what I call creamy matte. Its not chalky at all. I've even grown to like the scent because it reminds me of my grandma and there's that vintage appeal to the brand and product. I also like the art on the cap with all the mini puffs.

I don't like this powder for under the eyes with my usual application with a crease brush. I find it makes my fine lines more obvious. I prefer Maybelline Shine Free loose Powder in Light or NYX HD loose Silica powder for that area. Its great for the face though.

I'm NC 42 in Mac and I can still use this to set most of my face. It has a warm beige tint but it's translucent enough by the time I'm done applying it with a puff or fluffy brush it has blended in, though it DOES slightly change my foundation color. It looks good anyway and I always put blush and bronzer on top. Anyone NC 45 and above should steer clear of this, unless topping with a colored powder like Patrick Star does.

This hasn't broken me out or flared my acne in any way. And surprisingly I haven't had any allergies to the fragrance. It's a finely milled, pore blurring, affordable powder. Of course if you can afford something just as good, but fragrance free and with better packaging then by all means do that, but if you are on a strict budget ( or a vintage product lover) this powder delivers. The quality is there, it's just that it's messy.

Would recommend to anyone with a skintone NC 43 and below. I would repurchase. Even more so if they change the packaging. Took a lippie off for that.

on 1/11/2018 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Holy grail alert. I bought this because I almost run out of my Laura Mercier translucent and have heard so many good things about this powder so I gave it a go. I am glad I did! I use it everyday on myself and other people too when I do their makeup. It makes your skin look smooth and flawless. After foundation, I use this with a soft and fluffy brush.

If your skin is very very oily like mine, you will love this! It also is cheap and so much product in a jar. Many people complain that it smells like grandma's perfume or old lady's makeup. I love it. Afterall, vintage makeup is very refreshing and always been interesting. The scent reminds me of those happy old days when I played with my mother's makeup. And when you have it on your face, the smell disappears anyway. Don't be such a bitch complaining about everything. lol This powder is tops!
I will definitely repurchase soon!

on 1/4/2018 4:06:00 PM

I've been using this off and on for over 30 years.. I'm 48 yo, combo skin, and even though I have a drawer full of loose and compact powders from Laura Mercier, MAC, NARS, Becca, Chanel, Urban Decay, Too Faced etc etc, nothing gives me an airbrushed finish, with amazing oil control like Coty Air spun. I don't bake, nor do I pack it on thick at my age, but I do use a large fluffy brush and blend into my t zone, (or if I need extra longevity that day I might use a damp beauty blender and pat a bit on some extra oily areas) and all over my nose and chin. I some times will use a light layer PRIOR to my foundation application, and it just gives your foundation so much more longevity. I normally use MAC Face and Body, or Becca Aqua Luminous foundations, since these aren't full coverage foundations, the Coty oomphs the coverage without looking cakey.. I always have a container on hand, and always will! Definitely recommend.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh my goodness! I had thought that I had found the perfect powder when I started using Airspun in Honey Beige, but I when I decided to try this Translucent Extra Coverage one I couldn’t believe my face: simply flawless. I had avoided trying this for years because I assumed that either the ‘extra coverage’ was either not going to be truly any more coverage or, if it was, it was going to be cakey. Nothing could be further from the truth. It performs like the other Airspun powders except it truly just has that veil of extra coverage that makes the difference. A gem for sure. Will remain a staple in my makeup routine.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this powder! The perfume smell is a little extra, but it doesn't stick around for too long. I use this powder mainly to set my undereyes, but I also use it to set my nose and chin, all spots that get a little oily throughout the day. I wouldn't recommend using this on dry spots as it tends to cling. I leave this off my cheeks and forehead, and just stick to setting spray there.

on 11/20/2016 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this powder for over a year now (still have half left!). It smells like a grandma but is effective to set makeup and touch up your shine throughout the day. I have very oily skin, so nothing works to keep the shine at bay for the whole day, but this does a better job than anything I have used prior. Doesnt look or feel heavy. I was worried it would break me out due to the fragrance but i have had no trouble. Very affordable. I bought it on Amazon since it's not available in store in Canada. Will repurchase.

on 8/31/2016 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This powder has been around forever and there is a reason for that!!! Never tried it in the past, thinking it would make my skin feel dry. I'm a combo, with oily T-zone, made worse by the New Orleans summer heat and humidity. Well I bought this powder in Honey Beige, since the Translucent wasn't available. Wowza!!! I am using Avon Anew 2 in 1 compact foundation, which is also prone to problems with the heat and humidity. Today I used the Anew day cream, the Anew foundation and pressed on the Coty powder, then buffed with a rounded kabuki (ELF). My makeup hasn't looked this good or natural since I don't know when.

Will post again later in the day as to how it holds up in the heat and humidity. I must say that my skin doesn't feel dry or tight at all. Thanks for reading.

UPDATE: 12 hours after applying foundation and Coty I had very minimal shine on my forehead. This I can live with!!! I'm gonna love this oldie but goodie!!!

on 8/11/2016 7:37:00 PM

This is one of the few loose powders I own and I have the translucent powder. Not translucent extra coverage.
Yes the scent is strong but I like it as it remind me of old time makeup, vintage like stuff. And it does have a nice finish to it. It's a lot of product in the packaging so it'll last a real long time. If only there was a compact version then it'd practically be the only powder I'd buy.