Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Medium age: 25-29
Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder
Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Coty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

4.7

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

OK. I bought this on a whim on a late night Wal-Mart run because I needed a new loose powder.
I'd heard a few good things about this and decided to give it a try.
Wore this for the first time today to set my makeup. Now, I'm not sure if it was this powder alone or the combination of this and the Skindinavia shine-free setting spray, but I have only had to blot my face ONCE today and it wasn't even necessary! For my very, very oily skin, this was impressive to say the least. Normally, the only thing that keeps my oil away is milk of magnesia as a primer.
(EDIT: I applied my makeup around 11:30-noon and I am writing this review at about 8pm. My makeup still looks great.)

The foundation I used this with was Revlon Colorstay Whipped.

You get a ton of product in this little container and it's cute and vintage-y looking. It does have somewhat of a perfumey, "grandma" scent to it that goes away shortly after applied and I didn't find it offensive.
To prevent any mess, I left the sticker over the sifter and just pop off the whole plastic top and leave the powder puff on top as well. If you were going to travel with this it'd probably be best to tape the lid down.

I am very excited to continue using this!

on 3/31/2012 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HG, hands down. Airbrushed oil control at a great price. Mac blot doesn't hold a candle to Coty Airspun for me, and is 3x the price, too. Mac blot caused breakouts for me, but I kept using it anyway because of the wonders it did for my oilies. Well, never again will I suffer through the cystic acne Blot gave me when a $7.99 product from my local drug store does (dare I say) even better than Blot, without the breakouts! My face is thankful for Coty Airspun, but sad I didn't learn about it earlier in my grease-ball life. Imagine all the shiny-faced photos that will haunt me for life simply because I never knew to look down at the tiny Coty shelf in my Walgreens *sigh*.

As for packaging and scent, the scent is definitely noticeable upon application, but I really don't mind it. The packaging I found mine in is the round, plastic casing with a puff and softer holes. I really don't have a problem with this, either. I do actually use the puff to apply the product, then buff away the excess with a large powder brush. Maybe I'm not supposed to, but I also use this to set concealer under my eyes- and really haven't noticed much creasing from it. Comes with tons of product. The finish this powder gives is smooth like porcelain, and definitely lasts longer than any other I've tried. I want to shout Coty from the rooftops...Oilies, unite!

on 8/12/2009 5:17:00 PM

This is my HG POWDER. Whatever my make up routine is I always include this powder. I was only able to find translucent and translucent extra coverage but they seem to work just fine for my skin tone. Pores appear smoother and smaller and last up to 8 hrs b4 I have to re apply. Makes a great finishing powder. I've tried BE mineral veil and it sucks....the only thing i use as a powder besides Airspun is E.L.F's Mineral Booster which is spectacular....mix em both together and u got gold.