Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder
Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Coty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

4.4

Edit: The translucent is where it's at. The extra coverage is too orange for me these days. I'll try mixing with the translucent to use it up. The original is the best there is.

OP: I'm 49 and have used this for years. Decades. It's never the wrong shade and sets beautifully. I've used both formulas and like both equally. There isn't a tremendous difference between the two, it's very subtle. Less than $10, so if you're paying more, stop. It will last forever. I wear it daily and maybe use one a year. And the people trying to scare with the talc...chill. please. This product has been around for generations without issue. Don't inhale or snort it and you're good to go. I apply with the puff, my own puff, or a brush, but prefer the puffs overall. It really covers well this way and doesn't smudge your foundation. Brush away the excess. A little goes a long way here too. It is hard to find but when I'm running low I can usually find it at Walgreens for less than $8. Scent doesn't linger. Now my 15 year old uses it too. Love this.

on 1/8/2016 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't think I will EVER use another facial powder again! I've used many different brands (usually pressed powder, though) and never seem to get the right coverage and sometimes not at all the right shade (especially if it oxidizes.) A few weeks ago I learned about "baking" and this powder was recommended. With the great reviews on this site I decided it was worth a shot and I am SSOOO glad I bought it! I thought I'd have trouble finding it, but my Walmart carries it for $6. I transferred some of the powder out of the big container and put it in a smaller plastic one for easier use--I traveled on an airplane with it like that and it transported beautifully without any problems as a carry-on. I use the Real Techniques Expert Face brush to apply it (see step #7 below for specifics on my use of this powder.) This does have a light scent (reminds me of a grandmother--baby powder-ish maybe?) but I like it--especially now that I associate it with looking good.

This is my new daily regime with the "baking" that I LOVE SO MUCH!!!
(1) Cleanse my face with Equate Cetaphil or Equate Noxema--they both work well enough...making sure to clean under my eyes with the cleanser on a Q-tip to get any mascara that didn't come off the night before and smeared while I was sleeping.

(2) Douse a gauze square with rubbing alcohol and run it on my face like a toner--it isn't too drying for me yet and is the only thing that keeps my forehead clear now that I'm off birth control pills. I poured my rubbing alcohol into a pump bottle for more convenience.

(3) After letting the alcohol dry (less than a minute...generally by the time I throw the gauze away) I GENTLY smear/pat Equate Aveeno on my face--it sinks in quickly and the patting keeps me from "exfoliating" when I don't want to (a new trick for me that I think helps a lot because I used to do a LOT of rubbing--lotion, foundation, cover-up--and I was exfoliating, making my face rough without realizing it, and then wondered why my face never looked smooth.)

(4) Wait until the lotion sinks in (a minute or two so I brush my teeth during this time) then gently smear/pat primer. I use either Hard Candy Sheer Envy Illuminating Primer or Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer which are about the same price and work equally well (the Hard Candy is more like a spreadable gel and the Rimmel more like a lotion.)

(5) Let the primer sit a minute or two while I choose my clothes for the day, then use a make-up wedge from the dollar tree to pat my Boots #7 Lift & Luminate Foundation in Cool Ivory on my face (takes longer than with my fingers and uses more but gives much better coverage.)

(6) I streak some yellow stick concealer (like a lipstick but not sure what brand it is) under my eyes and almost to my hairline curving up and pat it in with the same make-up wedge.

(7) I use Real Techniques Expert Face brush with Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder by dipping the brush into the facial powder, tapping off just some of the excess, tapping the powder on my face so I can see that there's too much on there (making sure I cover my whole face like that) then leave it for 10 minutes while I actually put my clothes on (leaving it like that is called "baking"--a new discovery for me.) I also put on my mascara and any eye shadow if I use it that day while the powder is sitting…or do my hair, but not my bangs since they go over my forehead.

(8) After 10 minutes or so, I use this same brush to "flick" the excess powder off my face, use another brush to add my blush, spray my face with Hard Candy Fast & Fabulous Setting Spray, then do my hair and hit the door.

It takes me longer to get ready now (about 20 minutes for my face, brushing teeth and getting dressed) but I actually HAVE make-up on my face to clean off at the end of the day now. In fact, I've had to start using Extra Virgin Olive Oil to get my make-up off at night because neither the Cetaphil nor Noxema was cutting it. So I put some EVOO in an empty honey container (the cute bear with the small hole in the top) and I pour some on my fingers, smear it around on my face, wipe my face with a wet wipe (which I keep in every bathroom for hygiene, cleaning sinks and toilets, and a ton of other uses), then smear my Cetaphil or Noxema and rinse that off--followed by my gauze of rubbing alcohol which I also use on my neck/chest/back of my neck. I finish up with some Aveeno lotion and climb into bed. My zits are MUCH less frequent with the rubbing alcohol (they WERE constant since getting of the pill) and they disappear so much faster now! In fact, they rarely come to a head at all anymore before retreating.

Here's a link to the "baking" that revolutionized my make-up routine. I kept searching for a primer or a foundation or a powder that would last all day, but apparently I just needed to change up my routine. Why didn't someone tell me sooner?! :)

This one helped me, too….

on 8/13/2015 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this since 2010. It wasn't the first setting powder I tried, however it was the only one to make it to "holy grail" status. Since then I have strayed to try many others that have a cult following (MUFE HD, NARs Light Reflecting, ect) but I always return to this one. There was one powder in particular that won me over for about 4 months... but then I realized it was breaking me out very slowly.

It's safe to say I've learned my lesson and I'm done straying. No other powder has out performed Coty in my book. To me, that's incredible given the fact I apply more than a dragqueen daily and yet a <$10 jar will last me 6+ months. I know a jar of this will probably last the average MU wearer over a year. HurricaneNika on cafe board stated hers has lasted her 4 years with daily use. o__O

The reason I love Coty Airspun Powder is because it offers great coverage in addition to setting my liquid foundation. It gives me that "perfect doll skin" look. Coty never clogs my pores. In fact there was a time after learning that my oil production is the cause my acne that I wore this powder to bed. My pimples reduced quite a bit because it absorbed all the excess oil. I don't do that anymore as I've found a better routine - however I still think that says quite a bit about the product. I have extremely oily skin. I wear this on top of Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse (my HG fndt...review in profile) and my skin is left matte ALL day. If worn by itself, I get about 6 hours without needing a touch up (vs all day). Additionally I've found it photographs AWESOME.

I wear this powder everyday even on days I don't wear anything else. It's a must.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It was quite a long time that I'd come to the conclusion that I have to live with my concealer creasing under my eyes. No primers, no fixing powder nothing could fix it. Until I heard from this hidden gem and since it was quite cheap I decided to give a shot.....Needless to say I'm loving it everyday now asking where you've been all my life????!!!! There's no creasing whatsoever and my foundation stays put for 10 hours!
The only thing I don't like is the smell but that vaporized quickly and I don't mind it that much.

on 10/15/2014 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I wanted to love this. I have to admit, I'm a cheapskate when it comes to makeup. Except for primers, foundation, and the occasional lipstick splurge, I don't like spending too much on makeup. I was excited about this because it's very affordable and has lots of good reviews. Sadly, it's not for me.

CONS
- My skin is not very sensitive but when I put this on, I get a slight stinging and itchy feeling.
- The scent is TOO STRONG. I'm guessing that's what's causing the sting/itchiness. There really shouldn't be that much fragrance in a face product. Isn't it a known fact that most ingredients that are used for fragrance are highly irritating?
- It's not truly transluscent. There's a little bit of a tint to it and it's on the pink side. Since I have yellow undertones, it's a bit off on me.

PROS
+ You get a lot of product for the price.
+ It's actually pretty decent as a finishing/setting powder. The texture is nice and silky, not chalky. The finish is natural with the slightest glow, not too dewy or shimmery and not too matte either. It adds an extra layer of "blur" to cover pores and lines. It helps hold back the oilies longer. Too bad that the cons I've mentioned are dealbreakers for me but if you're not sensitive to fragrance and you have a pink undertone, give this a shot.

on 8/17/2011 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product already, as I've used it for years. I love vintage products, and this powder has been around since 1935 for a reason. It works. It comes in a round plastic container with a screw-top - not as cute & vintagey as the old cardboard container, but much easier to deal with and definitely less messy. It has a nice vintage fragrance, Coty's L'Origan, although if you're sensitive to fragrances, you may find it overwhelming. Personally, I enjoy the scent, and don't find that I can detect it after application anyway. The powder itself is lightweight and lovely. It covers well, is sufficiently mattifying, doesn't turn orange, and lasts for hours. I use either translucent or translucent extra coverage. Overall, a very high quality powder with drugstore availability and price. Price is under $8 at Walgreen's, near the makeup brushes & nail tools. This is my HG powder and I will keep buying it as long as Coty keeps making it.

on 1/4/2018 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this off and on for over 30 years.. I'm 48 yo, combo skin, and even though I have a drawer full of loose and compact powders from Laura Mercier, MAC, NARS, Becca, Chanel, Urban Decay, Too Faced etc etc, nothing gives me an airbrushed finish, with amazing oil control like Coty Air spun. I don't bake, nor do I pack it on thick at my age, but I do use a large fluffy brush and blend into my t zone, (or if I need extra longevity that day I might use a damp beauty blender and pat a bit on some extra oily areas) and all over my nose and chin. I some times will use a light layer PRIOR to my foundation application, and it just gives your foundation so much more longevity. I normally use MAC Face and Body, or Becca Aqua Luminous foundations, since these aren't full coverage foundations, the Coty oomphs the coverage without looking cakey.. I always have a container on hand, and always will! Definitely recommend.

on 9/21/2015 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I used to see this powder at the stores all the time but never felt the urge to buy it until I read all the good reviews it had, so I decided to give it a try and I'm so glad I did! This powder is just amazing, my skin looks flawless when I apply it! I have super oily skin, I work more than 12 hours a day everyday and I only need to touch up once because this keeps my face oil free all day! At the end of the day my skin looks just as great as when I first applied my makeup in the morning. The container comes with A LOT of product in it, and you can't beat the price (I bought this at my local Walgreens for only $6.49!) So you get great coverage, flawless looking skin, amazing oil control, plus you get a lot of product for an affordable price, what else do you need? The only con for me is the strong scent which I'm not a big fan of, but luckily it fades after a while. I just can't believe I didn't found out about this product sooner!!

Shade reference: NC 15 (NC20 during the summer), and I wear 070-41 in this. Really does provide extra coverage. I wear this over my Revlon CS liq comb/oily fndt in Buff using an Ecotools kabuki to apply. Just poreless!! And as with any powder, I dip, tap, and pat it gently around my eyes with a eyeshadow brush (such as NYX B13) for application perfection on my aging skin. Provides extra coverage for my dark under eye circles without ugly cake-up or settling into fin/e lines. And the light scent reminds me of warm memories of years ago... watching my grandma apply this over her Oil of Olay lotion. She always had such flawless skin! The amount you get in the cute container is insanely generous! I don't care about the film really. I just poke a few holes in it and shake into a clean lid what I need each use. Doesn't get all over the place this way. I will repurchase....if I ever run out.

EDIT 12/19/12: I now use Estee Lauder Double Wear liquid foundation in Bone 17 1W1....after I apply Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion + MAC Strobe Cream. Then, when I use this powder, I use it only on my t-zone (except my nose). The reason for the foundation switch? I found I needed one that was more yellow than Revlon Buff (as Buff is more neutral).

on 4/17/2018 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! HG status for sure. I have repurchased this at least 10 times. It is easy to purchase, can be found on Amazon for Canadians and pretty much any drug store in US. Cheap for A LOT of product. The downside is the packaging, however, the puff is a great addition. Extra coverage is my go-to. Keeps me HELLA matte all summer which is a necessity. Every oily skin gal needs this!