Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder
Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Coty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

4.5

on 5/30/2018 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Best powder I’ve ever used, hands down. Unlike others, I love the scent (L’Origan). I don’t use powder over foundation anymore, but now I use it as a foundation in the summer. I live in a desert climate and summers are very hot, and this fine-milled powder doesn’t melt. Love it to bits.

on 4/17/2018 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! HG status for sure. I have repurchased this at least 10 times. It is easy to purchase, can be found on Amazon for Canadians and pretty much any drug store in US. Cheap for A LOT of product. The downside is the packaging, however, the puff is a great addition. Extra coverage is my go-to. Keeps me HELLA matte all summer which is a necessity. Every oily skin gal needs this!

on 3/31/2018 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I like this as a finishing powder for my tzone. It's very smoothing. I have a LOT of powders because I have oily skin; I'm a fan and like to try many. This is one of the powders I reach for daily, and it's not even the right undertone for my skintone.

It has some oil control and legit makes my skin look what I call creamy matte. Its not chalky at all. I've even grown to like the scent because it reminds me of my grandma and there's that vintage appeal to the brand and product. I also like the art on the cap with all the mini puffs.

My undereye area is very dry and quite wrinkly for my age because of allergies. This powder doesn't make matters much worse most of the time (Maybelline Fit me loose powder emphasizes lines more for example), but If I feel my undereye that day is super dry and wrinkly because of allergies I use instead the Maybelline Shine free loose powder to set my concealer which I prefer for that area.

I'm NC 42 in Mac and I can still use this to set most of my face. It has a warm beige tint but it's translucent enough by the time I'm done applying it with a puff or fluffy brush it has blended in, though it DOES slightly change my foundation color. It looks good anyway and I always put blush and bronzer on top. Anyone NC 45 and above should steer clear of this, unless topping with a colored powder like Patrick Star does.

This hasn't broken me out or flared my acne in any way. And surprisingly I haven't had any allergies to the fragrance. It's a great, finely milled, pore blurring, affordable powder. Of course if you can afford something just as good, but fragrance free and with better packaging then by all means do that, but if you are on a strict budget ( or a vintage product lover) this powder delivers. The quality is there, it's just that it's messy.

Would recommend to anyone with a skintone NC 43 and below. I would repurchase. Even more so if they change the packaging. Took a lippie off for that.

on 1/4/2018 4:06:00 PM

I've been using this off and on for over 30 years.. I'm 48 yo, combo skin, and even though I have a drawer full of loose and compact powders from Laura Mercier, MAC, NARS, Becca, Chanel, Urban Decay, Too Faced etc etc, nothing gives me an airbrushed finish, with amazing oil control like Coty Air spun. I don't bake, nor do I pack it on thick at my age, but I do use a large fluffy brush and blend into my t zone, (or if I need extra longevity that day I might use a damp beauty blender and pat a bit on some extra oily areas) and all over my nose and chin. I some times will use a light layer PRIOR to my foundation application, and it just gives your foundation so much more longevity. I normally use MAC Face and Body, or Becca Aqua Luminous foundations, since these aren't full coverage foundations, the Coty oomphs the coverage without looking cakey.. I always have a container on hand, and always will! Definitely recommend.

Edit: The translucent is where it's at. The extra coverage is too orange for me these days. I'll try mixing with the translucent to use it up. The original is the best there is.

OP: I'm 49 and have used this for years. Decades. It's never the wrong shade and sets beautifully. I've used both formulas and like both equally. There isn't a tremendous difference between the two, it's very subtle. Less than $10, so if you're paying more, stop. It will last forever. I wear it daily and maybe use one a year. And the people trying to scare with the talc...chill. please. This product has been around for generations without issue. Don't inhale or snort it and you're good to go. I apply with the puff, my own puff, or a brush, but prefer the puffs overall. It really covers well this way and doesn't smudge your foundation. Brush away the excess. A little goes a long way here too. It is hard to find but when I'm running low I can usually find it at Walgreens for less than $8. Scent doesn't linger. Now my 15 year old uses it too. Love this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It was quite a long time that I'd come to the conclusion that I have to live with my concealer creasing under my eyes. No primers, no fixing powder nothing could fix it. Until I heard from this hidden gem and since it was quite cheap I decided to give a shot.....Needless to say I'm loving it everyday now asking where you've been all my life????!!!! There's no creasing whatsoever and my foundation stays put for 10 hours!
The only thing I don't like is the smell but that vaporized quickly and I don't mind it that much.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this powder! The perfume smell is a little extra, but it doesn't stick around for too long. I use this powder mainly to set my undereyes, but I also use it to set my nose and chin, all spots that get a little oily throughout the day. I wouldn't recommend using this on dry spots as it tends to cling. I leave this off my cheeks and forehead, and just stick to setting spray there.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My mother and grandmother used this....so when I tried this out I was doubtful that such an ancient product would work for my oily skin...but no, this stuff is really great.

This sets my foundation, prevents oil, does not look cakey, and smooths my pores (doesn't highlight them) I've used this A LOT for the past 3 summers, and each summer I cautiously use this, thinking...will it still smooth my pores? Keep my face oil free? And it does..I'm very impressed

on 11/20/2016 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you watch day time tv ever, you've probably seen the lawyer commercials encouraging you to call them if you or a loved one was diagnosed or died of ovarian cancer after using talc/talcum powder. There have been some recent studies indicating talc increases the chance of ovarian cancer, which is usually fatal by the time it's diagnosed, and 2-3 large jury verdicts in court (which as sure to be substantially reduced on appeal). Talc is found in a good few face powders too, esp old ones.

You don't apply talc directly to your ovaries to increase your risk/development of ovarian cancer: you just put it on your skin, which is the largest organ of your body. Think of it as laying in a cancer bed or out in the sun. It's an unnecessary, ridiculous risk, it's totally avoidable, and you can do without a form of cancer that often isn't caught until it's affected other organs, causing another cancer that's readily noticeable.

Talc is the primary ingredient in this great grandma powder. I'm 45, and this was some stuff one or two of my GREAT grandmas had on hand. It still smells like it's been sitting in on a vanity for 125 years, just like it did back in 1976. It's cool that it carried a color called Rachel (a fair that shows up almost white), but it's crap.

I'm not joking about that. If you're still using this stuff, you need to stop immediately & check labels for being talc-free--ovarian cancer is esp ugly & can strike YOUNG (I had a cousin who died from it at 32). Everything new on the market, and there's plenty for the same price, have beautiful finishes & don't get thick on the skin like Coty's Airspun does. It has so much dry white talc, it delivers a visible layer right out the gate & pulls way ahead with additional layers. It has to have other tinted pigments to tame the talc! And sure it has some absorbency, but think about putting a lot of body powder in your shoes & wearing them barefoot after a work out: the excess powder clumps up/looks clumpy. I would venture to say it the absolute bottom of the market in performance.

Please don't buy this. It smells 125 years old, everybody can see you're wearing powder that's too light b/c how much white talc is in it, & talc, the primary ingredient, is known carcinogen for a cancer that usually isn't caught until it's a very high death risk (as is SKIN CANCER, mademoiselles). Throw it away and enjoy the pursuit of so many delightful powders out there that deliver angelic finishes while doing what else you want it to.

on 9/18/2016 2:06:00 AM

I got mine in the variant Translucent Extra Coverage. I bought this as cheaper alternative to the Ben Nye Banana and RCMA No Color Powder. Both of which I already own. I just want to test if this Coty powder lives up to the hype after I saw Patrick Starr raving about it on YouTube. This Coty Airspun has 2.3 oz of product and for the price, it's totally justifiable. Side note: I love Patrick since he's Filipino and is very talented with makeup.

The main ingredient int this powder Talc which does not surprise me since it's an inexpensive filler for makeup in powder form. The mattifying effect of this powder is mainly attributed by the talc in its ingredient. I should say this is a good alternative to other oil-control setting powders but I will not use this to blot my face since it leaves a thick beige cast on areas I blotted.

MAJOR TURN OFF: the scent of the powder! I find the smell too strong. I left the container open overnight for 3 straight days in an attempt get rid of the smell but it just clings on to the product. This is nice to have but definitely not a must have. I will stick to my RCMA No Color Powder because the bottle packs 3 oz of product which will probably last me a couple of years.