Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder
Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Coty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

4.6

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

My grandmother used this in her makeup wearing years--but I didn't know that when I bought my first box. I used it in my very early 20s, then switched to Elizabeth Arden, then went to Bonne Bell, then New York Color, now I'm back to Coty. It does not break me out, and it does not turn orange, which is about all I ask. :-)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like this stuff and it is now HG status for me. I use it alone or over foundation. It helps my make up stay all day, I never have a problem with my make up wearing off. Sets foundation perfectly and when I wear it alone it looks very natural. Light weight, this is the perfect stuff for me.
Please see my complete review of this product under its Coty Airspun Loose Powder to get all the info I have on this product, this is the shade I buy, but the full review is under the general name.

on 11/22/2010 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I bought this on a whim at CVS one night because it was cheap and you got a lot of product for the price.

First off, the packaging (I bought it before they changed it to plastic) was less than stellar, but I did like the Victorian-style powder puffs on it, so I ended up transferring it into a wooden box I had. The smell reminds me of an old lady, which I don't mind, and seeing as it fades after about five minutes, wouldn't be a con even if I didn't like it. Now, I have very oily acne-prone skin and as far as I know, this never broke me out. (I still had horrid breakouts, but that was because the water where I lived was similar to pool water, horrid. It made my hair feel like straw and my skin look like I got attacked by bees.)

It does keep the shine away for a good while, and it has very pink undertones, so it fits my skin color perfectly. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't come in deeper colors, even if I'm as pale as paper, I can see this being a problem for people with darker skin. So, not a personal problem, but it may be for others.

This is the first item that has ever inspired me to write a review.

For me, this stuff is total HG status.
I have previously tried MUFE's Super Matte Loose Powder and Palladio Rice Powder, but this stuff blows them out of the water. MUFE's Matte Powder never gave me the truly poreless, oil free results I needed, and Palladio's Rice Powder is nice but doesn't give the same coverage that this does.

This product makes me stay matte ALL day! I applied it this morning over my Revlon ColorStay (another HG) and it is still perfect after a day of shopping. I pat it on t-zone and cheeks with some makeup puffs that I bought at Wal-Mart and then use the puff that comes with it to sort of blend everything together.

I've been using it for the last 4 or 5 days and I haven't seen any emerging breakouts, but I'll update if a crisis occurs.

I recommend 100%!

on 5/23/2011 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Coty airspun loose face powder is one of the most affordable and beautiful product in the market. It really does sets a foundation in place and keeps it matte through out most of the day. It is as effective as the popular Laura Mercier translucent loose powder that I have tried. Coty has a rose floral scent to the powder that people might love it or not. It smells like the 1950's type of perfume, but the scent would be gone within 30 minutes or so after the application. The cost of Coty airspun is very affordable costing around $7 USA at the local CVS stores. The most amazing part of this product beside that it's actually works is the size of the product itself. Coty contains 2.3 oz or 65 grams of product. Also, they now comes with a new powder container that is now plastic with a lid that is easy to close and open and comes with a big powder puff. But is a little difficult to travel with because the cap does not closes tightly. Overall, Coty airspun is an amazing loose setting powder and I would recommend this to anyone looking for an affordable and effective product.

on 10/6/2012 10:47:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Pros:
+Cheap - $5.97 at walmart
+Comes with A LOT of product -2.3oz or 65g
+I actually like the scent - I can't really smell it on my face after i've applied it
+Keeps my face matte - I wore my makeup for 12hrs and i still looked fresh :D
+Does have coverage -light
+Sets my makeup well - makes me look airbrushed
+Don't need a lot to set/blend my makeup
+Doesn't break me out

Cons:
-The lid isn't really secure, like you can't twist it close..

Overall: To be honest this was an impulse buy haha but i'm so glad i bought it I LOVE this, it's my new HG powder and i really don't want to try any other(:

I recently discovered this wonderful powder through youtube raves, and snatched it on sale at CVS for less than $2. It has a lot of product and has a "grandma" scent to it, but I actually don't mind it too much.

It has a slight bit of coverage, and somehow makes my pores disappear! SO flattering on my skin. It is perfect for setting my foundation. I also love how soft it is, like it just dissolves onto the surface of my skin as I set with it.

At first I thought I can't use this because after I powdered my face, my eyes stung so badly and I knew it was due to this. I just be careful now to make sure my eyes are shut tight and I use something else to set the under eye area.. But overall, this is such a beautiful loose powder, I highly recommend it!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I read rly good reviews about this powder and Youtube beauty gurus raving about this product and how it was being discontinued. So I took the plunge and purchased this powder and hoped for the best. I was very skeptical I tried several face powders from MAC and disliked them all. But when I tried this it literally changed my life. My skin is very very oily and this powder keeps my face matte all day and like others said your face looks absolutely flawless and perfect. My makeup stays put and looks so beautiful. My new holy grail face powder!!! Highly recommend! Get your hands on this powder its absolutely amazing! The only con is I didn't try this sooner! Obsessed with this product. HOLY GRAIL POWDER!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I always walked by this item at drug stores and never thought much of it. It wasn't until I saw it on sale for 75% off at CVS for about $1.50 that I decided to pick it up and give it a try. And boy am I GLAD that I did! This powder is perfect for setting my foundation! It's also great for those days where I don't feel like wearing a full face a makeup so I'll just dab on some concealer and powder my face with this product. It gives a tiny bit of coverage and covers up all my redness. What I love most about this product is that it keeps my face oil-free for the majority of the day (I still have to blot maybe once) and I'm a VERY oily person. I always have a hard time finding a good powder because they just don't control my oil. This powder doesn't make you look powdery and doesn't leave a white cast behind (unless you apply too much, like all powders). This honestly lasted me for a reallyyyy long time. The container contains SO much product and it lasted me for years! The only complaint I have about this and that will probably prevent me from repurchasing this item is the scent. UGH I CAN'T STAND IT!! It smells like old grannies and it seriously makes me want to gag. I wish they would come out with a non-scented version!!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

OK. I bought this on a whim on a late night Wal-Mart run because I needed a new loose powder.
I'd heard a few good things about this and decided to give it a try.
Wore this for the first time today to set my makeup. Now, I'm not sure if it was this powder alone or the combination of this and the Skindinavia shine-free setting spray, but I have only had to blot my face ONCE today and it wasn't even necessary! For my very, very oily skin, this was impressive to say the least. Normally, the only thing that keeps my oil away is milk of magnesia as a primer.
(EDIT: I applied my makeup around 11:30-noon and I am writing this review at about 8pm. My makeup still looks great.)

The foundation I used this with was Revlon Colorstay Whipped.

You get a ton of product in this little container and it's cute and vintage-y looking. It does have somewhat of a perfumey, "grandma" scent to it that goes away shortly after applied and I didn't find it offensive.
To prevent any mess, I left the sticker over the sifter and just pop off the whole plastic top and leave the powder puff on top as well. If you were going to travel with this it'd probably be best to tape the lid down.

I am very excited to continue using this!