Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

Filtered by hair type : Other
Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder
Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Coty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

4.5

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This product is a gem that I nearly passed on. Not only is this product the best setting powder I've EVER tried, but it's super affordable and you get a lot of product. I have very oily skin and have tried numerous expensive, high end powders that were useless. Urban Decay mattifying powder, Tarte loose powder, the list goes on and on. As expensive as their price tags are, you expect them to comply with their claims. Just cause a product has a hefty price tag does not mean it will work. Now, with this powder, I set, or rather "cook" my foundation for a few minutes. Use the powder puff that comes with it! Applies the product really well and better than a powder brush. Dust off the excess, apply and then blend my bronzer and blush with Mac's mineralize skin finish in Medium dark. My face is matte, foundation looks natural and it helps keep my makeup on all day. Of course I get a bit oily by the end of the day with my rebelling oily skin. But this powder surpasses all of the high-ends! And as far as the smell, yes, there is a strong scent to it. I don't mind at all because I buy a powder for the setting purposes- NOT to smell it all day.

on 3/31/2012 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HG, hands down. Airbrushed oil control at a great price. Mac blot doesn't hold a candle to Coty Airspun for me, and is 3x the price, too. Mac blot caused breakouts for me, but I kept using it anyway because of the wonders it did for my oilies. Well, never again will I suffer through the cystic acne Blot gave me when a $7.99 product from my local drug store does (dare I say) even better than Blot, without the breakouts! My face is thankful for Coty Airspun, but sad I didn't learn about it earlier in my grease-ball life. Imagine all the shiny-faced photos that will haunt me for life simply because I never knew to look down at the tiny Coty shelf in my Walgreens *sigh*.

As for packaging and scent, the scent is definitely noticeable upon application, but I really don't mind it. The packaging I found mine in is the round, plastic casing with a puff and softer holes. I really don't have a problem with this, either. I do actually use the puff to apply the product, then buff away the excess with a large powder brush. Maybe I'm not supposed to, but I also use this to set concealer under my eyes- and really haven't noticed much creasing from it. Comes with tons of product. The finish this powder gives is smooth like porcelain, and definitely lasts longer than any other I've tried. I want to shout Coty from the rooftops...Oilies, unite!

on 10/27/2013 6:04:00 PM

This is HG clearly- the best beauty bargain ever in the history of womankind. My grandmother, who sadly passed, used to use this and she, like me, had an affinity for makeup. I use the translucent sparingly as that's all that's needed after foundation and apply it with a BB velour puff. I think the flimsy one that comes with it is just ineffective. But at this cost, who cares! I don't like my whole face powdered so I apply it under my eyes and on my chin and on part of my cheeks liberally. Then after I apply eye shadow and liner I use a large powder brush to brush off the excess taking any shadow fallout with it perfectly and easily.
Next I apply contour, bronzer, blush etc. It leaves the lightest veil of natural looking "matte-ness" which lasts at least 5 hours.

The smell is faint but definitely "vintage" but not at all bothersome to me as it disappears almost instantly. I have been trying to find it in Naturally Neutral because translucent seems a TINY bit too light on my light-med olive skin, however it still works fine since it's feathery light and leaves no discernible whitish cast behind. I just think the tinted neutral shade might look better.

I've tried many h/e loose powders before and this is definitely right up there with the best of them, subpar packaging aside.

on 3/31/2013 9:47:00 AM

The trick to this product is finding the right color. After you do that, you'll wonder how you lived without it. This review is not for transluscent (which is just way too pale for me) but for Naturally Neutral, which has more color.

Great powder. Milled very fine. Does not collect in pores or fine lines, just smooths the face and sets foundation. I use this with Revlon Colorstay foundation and it makes my skin look awesome. Only a little teensy bit is needed, and I use the puff that is included. This is a another trick, do not overload the product on your face.

Has not irritated my skin in any way or broken it out. I am bipolar when it comes to the scent, one day I love it, one day I hate it, but at all times I'm able to at least tolerate it enough to get the powder on my face. And the scent fades almost immediately after you put the powder on your face. Oh and I have finally figured out what the pattern is on the package. I thought at first it was a Chinese design, at least, it looked Asian or Oriental to me, but what it is upon close inspection is little powder puffs, all over the top. So now you know!

on 5/10/2010 3:26:00 AM

So, I've been eyeing this product for nearly 2 years because of the raves on here....yet everytime i wandered over to the section of Walgreens I would just pick it up and put it right back down...mostly because of the strong fragrance. I recall hearing there was a unscented one but I've never seen it. Finally after finishing my last translucent powder...I picked it up. I have been using it for 2 months now and I seriously want to stock up because I don't want to be without it...It totally smooths out my face without being cakey. I have dry sensitive skin and this does not irritate or accentuate dryness. I am actually starting to get used to smell to the point that I think I actually LIKE it....

its no consequence that this powder has a 4.4 out of 5 stars. when you do as much shopping as i do you rely solely on .. "ok does it has at least 4.0 out of 5"
i bought this based on reviews. i have acne prone skin oily combo nc 20/25 i use this to set/bake my concealor and it really is a true gem. i think it really does help brighten and i have used ben nye banana powder before.
i do think that with a primer powder and setting spray this will literally last 10 hrs or longer.. the smell is strong but it goes away and i thought it would irritate my skin but it didnt. it can also be messy but just keep the puff in the container. i think a little goes a long way i do not recommend to keep reapplying the powder bc it will get cakey. if you are going to bake dip ur brush into enough powder and pat it on ONCE eveningly if you feel like you missed a spoty use whats left over on ur brush(if you dip again its going to look cakey) leave for 5 min and swipe off there is deffinately a difference.
one of the best buys for $7 at walgreens..

on 8/11/2014 10:32:00 AM

I decided to give this a try after reading other reviews here on MakeupAlley. The unscented formula was not offered in my local Walgreens so I hesitantly picked up the scented one. I have to say, I think the scent is pleasant and it is not overpowering at all. It's definitely a floral based scent that's very feminine and almost glam-vintage.

I have been using this powder with a brush to set my undereye concealer and it does a great job. As well I use the powder puff to set my foundation primarily in the t-zone area (I actually use the Boots No. 7 Tinted Moisturizer for a light foundation) This gives me a fantastic balance and shine control with a flawless finish and I'll definitely be keeping it in my morning regime.

I really like that they updated the case to plastic. I've had other translucent powders in cardboard and have experienced some mishaps, lol. The plastic feels like it will withstand a lot more handling. And at a cost of $7-$8 bucks it's a steal.

on 8/12/2009 5:17:00 PM

This is my HG POWDER. Whatever my make up routine is I always include this powder. I was only able to find translucent and translucent extra coverage but they seem to work just fine for my skin tone. Pores appear smoother and smaller and last up to 8 hrs b4 I have to re apply. Makes a great finishing powder. I've tried BE mineral veil and it sucks....the only thing i use as a powder besides Airspun is E.L.F's Mineral Booster which is spectacular....mix em both together and u got gold.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My newest obsession. Patrickstarrr taught me to set my face with this and a damp beauty blender to even out acne scars/texture on his YouTube channel. While it's not a total miracle and my skin doesnt look PERFECT, it does an amazing job at evening the texture for sure. I am so impressed. Keeps me matte all day also. Not a fan of the fragrance, but it doesn't last long luckily. I have oily skin and I would imagine that for as matte as this is, people with dry skin wouldn't benefit from this product much. I will definitely keep using this.

on 6/28/2016 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG setting powder that really works on my oily skin. Without this, i have to blot my face (esp t-zone area) for every 30 MINUTES. Yes. 30 minutes. This powder has really great oil control and it does not make me breakout. This powder keeps my skin looking nice and matte for freaking 3 hours (sometimes more). 10 stars from me