Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder
Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Coty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

4.6

This is going to sound over-the-top impossible but, trust me. Many years ago someone told me about this trick and it works. Instead of applying the powder over your liquid foundation, you apply it first, then foundation. Using a cotton ball, pat the powder liberally over your clean, non-greasy moisturized face, then, with a clean puff, stroke downward to remove excess. Next, and this is crucial, dot on an oil-free, MUST be oil-free, liquid foundation and blend. The result is a poreless, flawless complexion. Even though my skin tends towards dryness, this method doesn't seem to dry it out. I've only tried this method with Coty but it may work with other loose powders.

Edit: The translucent is where it's at. The extra coverage is too orange for me these days. I'll try mixing with the translucent to use it up. The original is the best there is.

OP: I'm 49 and have used this for years. Decades. It's never the wrong shade and sets beautifully. I've used both formulas and like both equally. There isn't a tremendous difference between the two, it's very subtle. Less than $10, so if you're paying more, stop. It will last forever. I wear it daily and maybe use one a year. And the people trying to scare with the talc...chill. please. This product has been around for generations without issue. Don't inhale or snort it and you're good to go. I apply with the puff, my own puff, or a brush, but prefer the puffs overall. It really covers well this way and doesn't smudge your foundation. Brush away the excess. A little goes a long way here too. It is hard to find but when I'm running low I can usually find it at Walgreens for less than $8. Scent doesn't linger. Now my 15 year old uses it too. Love this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It was quite a long time that I'd come to the conclusion that I have to live with my concealer creasing under my eyes. No primers, no fixing powder nothing could fix it. Until I heard from this hidden gem and since it was quite cheap I decided to give a shot.....Needless to say I'm loving it everyday now asking where you've been all my life????!!!! There's no creasing whatsoever and my foundation stays put for 10 hours!
The only thing I don't like is the smell but that vaporized quickly and I don't mind it that much.

on 3/31/2013 9:47:00 AM

The trick to this product is finding the right color. After you do that, you'll wonder how you lived without it. This review is not for transluscent (which is just way too pale for me) but for Naturally Neutral, which has more color.

Great powder. Milled very fine. Does not collect in pores or fine lines, just smooths the face and sets foundation. I use this with Revlon Colorstay foundation and it makes my skin look awesome. Only a little teensy bit is needed, and I use the puff that is included. This is a another trick, do not overload the product on your face.

Has not irritated my skin in any way or broken it out. I am bipolar when it comes to the scent, one day I love it, one day I hate it, but at all times I'm able to at least tolerate it enough to get the powder on my face. And the scent fades almost immediately after you put the powder on your face. Oh and I have finally figured out what the pattern is on the package. I thought at first it was a Chinese design, at least, it looked Asian or Oriental to me, but what it is upon close inspection is little powder puffs, all over the top. So now you know!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh my goodness! I had thought that I had found the perfect powder when I started using Airspun in Honey Beige, but I when I decided to try this Translucent Extra Coverage one I couldn’t believe my face: simply flawless. I had avoided trying this for years because I assumed that either the ‘extra coverage’ was either not going to be truly any more coverage or, if it was, it was going to be cakey. Nothing could be further from the truth. It performs like the other Airspun powders except it truly just has that veil of extra coverage that makes the difference. A gem for sure. Will remain a staple in my makeup routine.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I love this powder, the price is great and it works! I was using Estée Lauder double wear loose powder and it felt heavy, so I decided to try this Coty brand. I had used it years ago and now I remember why, it's a great product for the price. I filled up my Estée Lauder container and stored away the rest for future use. It works great for my normal skin type and it has a very pleasant smell. I like the way my face looks and it lasts all day. I wear it over all my makeup from my foundation to my BB creams.

on 5/10/2010 3:26:00 AM

So, I've been eyeing this product for nearly 2 years because of the raves on here....yet everytime i wandered over to the section of Walgreens I would just pick it up and put it right back down...mostly because of the strong fragrance. I recall hearing there was a unscented one but I've never seen it. Finally after finishing my last translucent powder...I picked it up. I have been using it for 2 months now and I seriously want to stock up because I don't want to be without it...It totally smooths out my face without being cakey. I have dry sensitive skin and this does not irritate or accentuate dryness. I am actually starting to get used to smell to the point that I think I actually LIKE it....

on 2/24/2017 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Background: I've extremely oily skin on my t-zone with mix dry patches, and a couple of hormonal blemishes from time to time and rosacea.

Prons:
- It's mildly little weight. I'm curious to try to original formula, maybe it would be even more light weight. But for a colour powder I'm happy. It doesn't fell heavy like many powders do. I even put the powder on my under eye and sometimes I bake with it
- Beautiful shade - I'm a very pale person, I struggle a lot to find a powder that doesn't add any orange, pink or yellow to my skin and this is just perfect. I even bake on my under eye and it looks so on point
- it settles all of my face perfectly
- It isn't drying - I'm very oily, but under my eyes it's really easy to make a powder look really drying and this one it's the best one that I've tried so far. It doesn't completely prevents creasing, but it does it's job.

Cons:
- Scent - If I want my face to smell like perfume I would put it after. This is so annoying! After 2 hours I can still smell it
- It doesn't do an extra job controlling oils. This isn't even a really a con for me, because the powder doesn't claim to do so. The powder does help with oils, because it's a powder! But I don't stay matte longer because of it. I don't mind really. I think the foundation should do the main job in that department.

Recommendations: Everybody could use, depending on your shade.

Fantastic!!! Wonderful powder that makes your skin look airbrushed and keeps your makeup set all day long. I used this on all my girlfriends this past weekend for a wedding and they all loved it and couldnt believe how flawless their skin looked. Everyone is right about the scent, it defintiely smells BUT for the price and the quality of this product, I dont care. Highly recommend!!! PS. I have oily/combination skin and this keeps controls the oils for sure.

on 2/27/2014 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely adore this product!!!!!! This is by far the best loose powder on the market and once I discovered it I never went back to any other brand of loose powder!!! In a word this product is amazing!!!!

This is by far the best powder for setting your foundation and making it last all day! it repels moisture, humidity, sweat and all the things that can make your makeup look gross throughout the day. The texture of this powder is also super amazing it is AIRSPUN which means it is milled very, very fine and then is spun in the air which gives it the texture of silk!!!! It glides on and it doesn't have that coarse grainy texture that so many other loose powders have. Also this powder is truly translucent and blends beautifully with my light skin without giving me an artificial or orangey look which is a huge plus! This product also makes my face look gloriously matte without a hint of shine which is the whole reason I wear loose powder in the first place. The smell is a little grandma like but it's not unpleasant and actually doesn't bother me.....this is definitely my HG loose powder!!!!!

For those of you that prefer a matte finish to your face and want to keep that look going all day without any problems then I highly recommend Coty Airspun Loose Powder it is the best loose powder you will ever use!!!!!! Better then any high end product on the planet!!!! Get yourself over to CVS or Walgreens and get yourself some!!!!!