Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage
airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverageCoty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverageairspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

4.6

Edit: The translucent is where it's at. The extra coverage is too orange for me these days. I'll try mixing with the translucent to use it up. The original is the best there is.

OP: I'm 49 and have used this for years. Decades. It's never the wrong shade and sets beautifully. I've used both formulas and like both equally. There isn't a tremendous difference between the two, it's very subtle. Less than $10, so if you're paying more, stop. It will last forever. I wear it daily and maybe use one a year. And the people trying to scare with the talc...chill. please. This product has been around for generations without issue. Don't inhale or snort it and you're good to go. I apply with the puff, my own puff, or a brush, but prefer the puffs overall. It really covers well this way and doesn't smudge your foundation. Brush away the excess. A little goes a long way here too. It is hard to find but when I'm running low I can usually find it at Walgreens for less than $8. Scent doesn't linger. Now my 15 year old uses it too. Love this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It was quite a long time that I'd come to the conclusion that I have to live with my concealer creasing under my eyes. No primers, no fixing powder nothing could fix it. Until I heard from this hidden gem and since it was quite cheap I decided to give a shot.....Needless to say I'm loving it everyday now asking where you've been all my life????!!!! There's no creasing whatsoever and my foundation stays put for 10 hours!
The only thing I don't like is the smell but that vaporized quickly and I don't mind it that much.

on 2/24/2017 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Background: I've extremely oily skin on my t-zone with mix dry patches, and a couple of hormonal blemishes from time to time and rosacea.

Prons:
- It's mildly little weight. I'm curious to try to original formula, maybe it would be even more light weight. But for a colour powder I'm happy. It doesn't fell heavy like many powders do. I even put the powder on my under eye and sometimes I bake with it
- Beautiful shade - I'm a very pale person, I struggle a lot to find a powder that doesn't add any orange, pink or yellow to my skin and this is just perfect. I even bake on my under eye and it looks so on point
- it settles all of my face perfectly
- It isn't drying - I'm very oily, but under my eyes it's really easy to make a powder look really drying and this one it's the best one that I've tried so far. It doesn't completely prevents creasing, but it does it's job.

Cons:
- Scent - If I want my face to smell like perfume I would put it after. This is so annoying! After 2 hours I can still smell it
- It doesn't do an extra job controlling oils. This isn't even a really a con for me, because the powder doesn't claim to do so. The powder does help with oils, because it's a powder! But I don't stay matte longer because of it. I don't mind really. I think the foundation should do the main job in that department.

Recommendations: Everybody could use, depending on your shade.

on 2/7/2017 3:55:00 PM

I bought this powder off amazon as I was looking for a translucent loose powder that wouldn't make me look orange. This powder is a true translucent and is one of the first i've found that doesn't make me orange. For $19 you do get a lot of product. It is 2.3 oz and it will last me quite a while. A little goes a long way. I was hoping this would be good for baking my under eye concealer but it seems to get a little bit cakey and dry on my undereyes when i have tried to bake with it. But i do like it a lot for setting my foundation overall. Keeps my oily t-zone matte pretty well all day. I don't usually use the puffs that come included with powders but I have been using the puff that comes with it and I like it. I use the puff to apply the powder lightly all over my face and neck then use a powder brush to blend it in. I will keep using this product and plan to try it with different concealers for baking my undereyes

on 11/20/2016 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you watch day time tv ever, you've probably seen the lawyer commercials encouraging you to call them if you or a loved one was diagnosed or died of ovarian cancer after using talc/talcum powder. There have been some recent studies indicating talc increases the chance of ovarian cancer, which is usually fatal by the time it's diagnosed, and 2-3 large jury verdicts in court (which as sure to be substantially reduced on appeal). Talc is found in a good few face powders too, esp old ones.

You don't apply talc directly to your ovaries to increase your risk/development of ovarian cancer: you just put it on your skin, which is the largest organ of your body. Think of it as laying in a cancer bed or out in the sun. It's an unnecessary, ridiculous risk, it's totally avoidable, and you can do without a form of cancer that often isn't caught until it's affected other organs, causing another cancer that's readily noticeable.

Talc is the primary ingredient in this great grandma powder. I'm 45, and this was some stuff one or two of my GREAT grandmas had on hand. It still smells like it's been sitting in on a vanity for 125 years, just like it did back in 1976. It's cool that it carried a color called Rachel (a fair that shows up almost white), but it's crap.

I'm not joking about that. If you're still using this stuff, you need to stop immediately & check labels for being talc-free--ovarian cancer is esp ugly & can strike YOUNG (I had a cousin who died from it at 32). Everything new on the market, and there's plenty for the same price, have beautiful finishes & don't get thick on the skin like Coty's Airspun does. It has so much dry white talc, it delivers a visible layer right out the gate & pulls way ahead with additional layers. It has to have other tinted pigments to tame the talc! And sure it has some absorbency, but think about putting a lot of body powder in your shoes & wearing them barefoot after a work out: the excess powder clumps up/looks clumpy. I would venture to say it the absolute bottom of the market in performance.

Please don't buy this. It smells 125 years old, everybody can see you're wearing powder that's too light b/c how much white talc is in it, & talc, the primary ingredient, is known carcinogen for a cancer that usually isn't caught until it's a very high death risk (as is SKIN CANCER, mademoiselles). Throw it away and enjoy the pursuit of so many delightful powders out there that deliver angelic finishes while doing what else you want it to.

on 11/20/2016 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this powder for over a year now (still have half left!). It smells like a grandma but is effective to set makeup and touch up your shine throughout the day. I have very oily skin, so nothing works to keep the shine at bay for the whole day, but this does a better job than anything I have used prior. Doesnt look or feel heavy. I was worried it would break me out due to the fragrance but i have had no trouble. Very affordable. I bought it on Amazon since it's not available in store in Canada. Will repurchase.

on 9/18/2016 2:06:00 AM

I got mine in the variant Translucent Extra Coverage. I bought this as cheaper alternative to the Ben Nye Banana and RCMA No Color Powder. Both of which I already own. I just want to test if this Coty powder lives up to the hype after I saw Patrick Starr raving about it on YouTube. This Coty Airspun has 2.3 oz of product and for the price, it's totally justifiable. Side note: I love Patrick since he's Filipino and is very talented with makeup.

The main ingredient int this powder Talc which does not surprise me since it's an inexpensive filler for makeup in powder form. The mattifying effect of this powder is mainly attributed by the talc in its ingredient. I should say this is a good alternative to other oil-control setting powders but I will not use this to blot my face since it leaves a thick beige cast on areas I blotted.

MAJOR TURN OFF: the scent of the powder! I find the smell too strong. I left the container open overnight for 3 straight days in an attempt get rid of the smell but it just clings on to the product. This is nice to have but definitely not a must have. I will stick to my RCMA No Color Powder because the bottle packs 3 oz of product which will probably last me a couple of years.

on 8/11/2016 7:37:00 PM

This is one of the few loose powders I own and I have the translucent powder. Not translucent extra coverage.
Yes the scent is strong but I like it as it remind me of old time makeup, vintage like stuff. And it does have a nice finish to it. It's a lot of product in the packaging so it'll last a real long time. If only there was a compact version then it'd practically be the only powder I'd buy.

Fantastic!!! Wonderful powder that makes your skin look airbrushed and keeps your makeup set all day long. I used this on all my girlfriends this past weekend for a wedding and they all loved it and couldnt believe how flawless their skin looked. Everyone is right about the scent, it defintiely smells BUT for the price and the quality of this product, I dont care. Highly recommend!!! PS. I have oily/combination skin and this keeps controls the oils for sure.

on 6/28/2016 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG setting powder that really works on my oily skin. Without this, i have to blot my face (esp t-zone area) for every 30 MINUTES. Yes. 30 minutes. This powder has really great oil control and it does not make me breakout. This powder keeps my skin looking nice and matte for freaking 3 hours (sometimes more). 10 stars from me