Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage
airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverageCoty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverageairspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

4.4

on 2/24/2017 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Background: I've extremely oily skin on my t-zone with mix dry patches, and a couple of hormonal blemishes from time to time and rosacea.

Prons:
- It's mildly little weight. I'm curious to try to original formula, maybe it would be even more light weight. But for a colour powder I'm happy. It doesn't fell heavy like many powders do. I even put the powder on my under eye and sometimes I bake with it
- Beautiful shade - I'm a very pale person, I struggle a lot to find a powder that doesn't add any orange, pink or yellow to my skin and this is just perfect. I even bake on my under eye and it looks so on point
- it settles all of my face perfectly
- It isn't drying - I'm very oily, but under my eyes it's really easy to make a powder look really drying and this one it's the best one that I've tried so far. It doesn't completely prevents creasing, but it does it's job.

Cons:
- Scent - If I want my face to smell like perfume I would put it after. This is so annoying! After 2 hours I can still smell it
- It doesn't do an extra job controlling oils. This isn't even a really a con for me, because the powder doesn't claim to do so. The powder does help with oils, because it's a powder! But I don't stay matte longer because of it. I don't mind really. I think the foundation should do the main job in that department.

Recommendations: Everybody could use, depending on your shade.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I think every woman including my mother had this powder in the 80s. I remember seeing the large container everywhere. I'm surprised I never bought this until now. I never see it in stores because its not sold near the makeup! Why do they sell this in the nail department? I found it at Walmart near the Sally Hansen display. Don't blink because you will miss it. I guess Coty only sells this powder and that is it. There was a tiny display of four random powders on the ground level shelf. The price was only $6 for such a large container. I picked up the shade Translucent Extra Coverage. This is the BEST powder for my very oily skin. In fact, maybe too good! This powder is ultra matte coverage. I do not have oil show through ever when I wear this and no powder ever has given me full shine free coverage all day long. I can't get over the performance of this powder. My skin tends to get so oily that I usually use a powder foundation and top it off with a setting powder. All of my other setting powders leave me oily at about noon time and I need to reapply. When I apply Coty over my powder foundation, I stay shine free all day without needing to touch up. I tested this with a liquid foundation as well. Now with liquids, I get pretty shiny almost immediately, about two hours after initial application so I always need to carry a setting powder with me to blot during the day. I set my liquid foundation with Coty and I stayed matte for the entire night I was out (about 8 hours) without needing to blot! For the record, this is the very first time ever that I didn't need to blot throughout the night after setting a liquid foundation. This is winter so I'm hoping this powder will perform just as well during the summer. I would love for Coty to come out with a compact form to be able to carry on the go.

Overall: A+ Performance
Sensitivities: 0 (no rashes, breakouts or itchiness)
Cost: Affordable @ under six bucks
Texture & Finish: Very finely milled with a high end luxurious feel. Matte finish without the white cast.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My HG powder baby!...Oh how I love thee...I really hope they continue to always have this product and never change it, it stays on all day helps with my extremely oily skin blurs pores, nice finish I have this in translucent and suntan, I absolutley love both, suntan is a gorgeous natural light tan, looks like skin, not orange like most powder. Just amazing, you get sooooo much product for a great price. Found mine at Kmart, I'm returning my Mac blot powder because why pay 30 when I can pay 7 for the same thing...can't live with out it. Smell yes is old ladyish but goes away, still worth every penny.

on 8/13/2015 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this since 2010. It wasn't the first setting powder I tried, however it was the only one to make it to "holy grail" status. Since then I have strayed to try many others that have a cult following (MUFE HD, NARs Light Reflecting, ect) but I always return to this one. There was one powder in particular that won me over for about 4 months... but then I realized it was breaking me out very slowly.

It's safe to say I've learned my lesson and I'm done straying. No other powder has out performed Coty in my book. To me, that's incredible given the fact I apply more than a dragqueen daily and yet a <$10 jar will last me 6+ months. I know a jar of this will probably last the average MU wearer over a year. HurricaneNika on cafe board stated hers has lasted her 4 years with daily use. o__O

The reason I love Coty Airspun Powder is because it offers great coverage in addition to setting my liquid foundation. It gives me that "perfect doll skin" look. Coty never clogs my pores. In fact there was a time after learning that my oil production is the cause my acne that I wore this powder to bed. My pimples reduced quite a bit because it absorbed all the excess oil. I don't do that anymore as I've found a better routine - however I still think that says quite a bit about the product. I have extremely oily skin. I wear this on top of Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse (my HG fndt...review in profile) and my skin is left matte ALL day. If worn by itself, I get about 6 hours without needing a touch up (vs all day). Additionally I've found it photographs AWESOME.

I wear this powder everyday even on days I don't wear anything else. It's a must.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Love it.
Works great as a setting powder. It really makes all the difference. I love how my makeup looks when I use this to set it.
My makeup lasts much longer then usual with this compared to others.
I am actually very fond of the scent lol. I really love retro type scents like this.
I think its very feminine and makes me feel happy when I use it.
I was scared that the color would be too light for my medium tone, like most "translucent" shades are, but this is pretty good. It sets my makeup and does not change the shade or leave a white cast to my skin. (it can if I apply too much though)
I use a fluffy powder brush to pat and gently buff this in. I also like the puff that comes with it and use it for a touch ups which I hardly ever need to do when I use this.
I only removed a small portion of the sticker covering the holes so that too much powder does not come out.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My mom use to have this laying around. I remember the smell even if I don't remember her totally made up a lot. Anyway-she bought me some for my birthday.. and its great! It absorbs lots of oil...it imparts light/medium coverage on its on..when u use it over foundation-you look flawless!! I love the smell :-) MY ONLY PROBLEM IS THE LIMITED SHADES!!..I used a shade that was a bit too light but I still used it..that's my only gripe--more shades please!!!especially for darker girls like me...I am native American--so while I'm not very dark..Im a bit darker then the colors they are making. I think the darkest they carry is sun tan(??) And it looks kind of peachy.. and I dont like that since I have more of a yellowish undertone... but good work Coty for a great powder!!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

OK. I bought this on a whim on a late night Wal-Mart run because I needed a new loose powder.
I'd heard a few good things about this and decided to give it a try.
Wore this for the first time today to set my makeup. Now, I'm not sure if it was this powder alone or the combination of this and the Skindinavia shine-free setting spray, but I have only had to blot my face ONCE today and it wasn't even necessary! For my very, very oily skin, this was impressive to say the least. Normally, the only thing that keeps my oil away is milk of magnesia as a primer.
(EDIT: I applied my makeup around 11:30-noon and I am writing this review at about 8pm. My makeup still looks great.)

The foundation I used this with was Revlon Colorstay Whipped.

You get a ton of product in this little container and it's cute and vintage-y looking. It does have somewhat of a perfumey, "grandma" scent to it that goes away shortly after applied and I didn't find it offensive.
To prevent any mess, I left the sticker over the sifter and just pop off the whole plastic top and leave the powder puff on top as well. If you were going to travel with this it'd probably be best to tape the lid down.

I am very excited to continue using this!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I read rly good reviews about this powder and Youtube beauty gurus raving about this product and how it was being discontinued. So I took the plunge and purchased this powder and hoped for the best. I was very skeptical I tried several face powders from MAC and disliked them all. But when I tried this it literally changed my life. My skin is very very oily and this powder keeps my face matte all day and like others said your face looks absolutely flawless and perfect. My makeup stays put and looks so beautiful. My new holy grail face powder!!! Highly recommend! Get your hands on this powder its absolutely amazing! The only con is I didn't try this sooner! Obsessed with this product. HOLY GRAIL POWDER!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Come back to it again and again. Well made as it has been since the mid-30's, smells so feminine that Chloe herself figured out how to bottle the scent into a perfume called Love. I dont think it smells like an old lady, I think it smells like a vintage woman!
The formula is finely milled and even if I'm not wearing foundation, a light dusting of this helps to even my skin tone. I've had a few of my girl friends try this and attempt to steal it, I love that you can now find it in more places (CVS, Walmart and Target now carry it!) so I send them to the stores so they dont take mine!

Coty Airspun proves that if it aint broke, dont fix it.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great scent. Great coverage. Great price. A true classic. Found this little gem Wiki-
''In 1934, Coty collaborated with famous costume designer Lon Bakst to create the look of the Air-spun powder box. It became so popular that soon afterwards Coty launched the Air-spun powder scented with his most popular perfumes, such as L'origan and Emeraude."

The package design is really cute and vintage looking!
I subtracted a lippie for the small color range. Anyone darker than an NC40 is out of luck :(