Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder
Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Coty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I'm not sure if the one I have is extra coverage.. but it's in the orange case and isn't the fragrance free one. I think the packaging is cute & vintage. Poked holes in it myself because if I ripped out the plastic covering entirely, it would be a MESS. Doesn't look completely translucent to me, slightly with a pink/peachy tint, but so light you can't tell at all, so I guess you could say it has a translucent finish. Just your basic setting powder. Works well for that.

on 8/14/2010 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i am sooooo oily and this is GREAT for oily girls like me! this is the only powder that has kept me oil free for at least 4 hours before needing to blot. many times, I am actually able to go 5 hours sometimes without needing to blot my face. WOWW! i was using makeup forever powder mattifying but that would only last for 2 or 3 hours before needing to blot. also, when the oil does shine through, its not a full on oil fest, but more of a slow emerging oil leak on ur face (great comparison, yeah?). downside is that i think it may have caused some extra pimples, but could have just been coincidence. overall, great product.

on 11/22/2010 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I bought this on a whim at CVS one night because it was cheap and you got a lot of product for the price.

First off, the packaging (I bought it before they changed it to plastic) was less than stellar, but I did like the Victorian-style powder puffs on it, so I ended up transferring it into a wooden box I had. The smell reminds me of an old lady, which I don't mind, and seeing as it fades after about five minutes, wouldn't be a con even if I didn't like it. Now, I have very oily acne-prone skin and as far as I know, this never broke me out. (I still had horrid breakouts, but that was because the water where I lived was similar to pool water, horrid. It made my hair feel like straw and my skin look like I got attacked by bees.)

It does keep the shine away for a good while, and it has very pink undertones, so it fits my skin color perfectly. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't come in deeper colors, even if I'm as pale as paper, I can see this being a problem for people with darker skin. So, not a personal problem, but it may be for others.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Such a great find for girls who like that velvet, matte look to they're skin like me! This powder really sets my makeup in place and helps keep my matte finish throughout the day. I have acne prone, combo skin and this powder combined with Revlon Colorstay Foundation and Lorac Aquaprime do wonders for my flawless looking skin. The new packaging is not as vintage and cute looking as the old one, but is much more practical having the plastic sifter inside it. Also comes with a small puff but I prefer a powder brush.

i only gave the packaging a 2 because a lot of product comes out of the holes and can be very messy if not careful. It covers really well and leaves a matte finish. The smell however reminds me of my grandmas perfume!

on 3/31/2012 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HG, hands down. Airbrushed oil control at a great price. Mac blot doesn't hold a candle to Coty Airspun for me, and is 3x the price, too. Mac blot caused breakouts for me, but I kept using it anyway because of the wonders it did for my oilies. Well, never again will I suffer through the cystic acne Blot gave me when a $7.99 product from my local drug store does (dare I say) even better than Blot, without the breakouts! My face is thankful for Coty Airspun, but sad I didn't learn about it earlier in my grease-ball life. Imagine all the shiny-faced photos that will haunt me for life simply because I never knew to look down at the tiny Coty shelf in my Walgreens *sigh*.

As for packaging and scent, the scent is definitely noticeable upon application, but I really don't mind it. The packaging I found mine in is the round, plastic casing with a puff and softer holes. I really don't have a problem with this, either. I do actually use the puff to apply the product, then buff away the excess with a large powder brush. Maybe I'm not supposed to, but I also use this to set concealer under my eyes- and really haven't noticed much creasing from it. Comes with tons of product. The finish this powder gives is smooth like porcelain, and definitely lasts longer than any other I've tried. I want to shout Coty from the rooftops...Oilies, unite!

on 6/30/2012 5:00:00 PM

I have pretty good skin other than 3/4 blemishes and acne scars. I was trying to use a mac foundation and it would only make me break out more and make my blemishes I already had look worse. After I read the good reviews about this I decided to go buy it! It was only $6 at walmart. I also purchased a concealer and I figured that those two things were all I needed. I conceal my blemishes and than put this powder all over. I am obsessed and I even love the smell! My skin looks airbrushed and flawless, I couldn't be happier! Love finding new HGs!!

on 8/12/2012 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Pros:
Good coverage
Good price
A little goes a long way
Keeps t-zone oil at bay

Cons
I hate the smell
Can look powdery and cakey if over used
Messy packaging, gets everywhere when I use it

on 3/31/2013 9:47:00 AM

The trick to this product is finding the right color. After you do that, you'll wonder how you lived without it. This review is not for transluscent (which is just way too pale for me) but for Naturally Neutral, which has more color.

Great powder. Milled very fine. Does not collect in pores or fine lines, just smooths the face and sets foundation. I use this with Revlon Colorstay foundation and it makes my skin look awesome. Only a little teensy bit is needed, and I use the puff that is included. This is a another trick, do not overload the product on your face.

Has not irritated my skin in any way or broken it out. I am bipolar when it comes to the scent, one day I love it, one day I hate it, but at all times I'm able to at least tolerate it enough to get the powder on my face. And the scent fades almost immediately after you put the powder on your face. Oh and I have finally figured out what the pattern is on the package. I thought at first it was a Chinese design, at least, it looked Asian or Oriental to me, but what it is upon close inspection is little powder puffs, all over the top. So now you know!

This is for the translucent extra coverage powder, not the tinted kind. On to the review!

This used to be my HG powder back in high school, when it still came in the little cardboard box. I believe I got irritated one day when it spilled and never bought it again. On a whim, I picked it up on sale at Walgreens last week, and fell in love with the stuff all over again!

I use this with Rimmel 002 Fix & Perfect Primer, and Revlon Colorstay in Buff. I think I've finally found my HG combonation! I also use a moisturizer under the primer (just St Ives, nothing special). But my skin has never looked so amazingly flawless! I do suffer from the occasional blemish, and dark circles. Unfortunately, I'm getting to the age where I look downright scary without makeup!

The only complaint I have is the packaging, it is awful trying to open! I love the little plastic lid that goes on top to keep it from spilling, that's what I tap the excess into. Of course, it's not meant for traveling, either. But all in all I'm sorry I dumped it all those years ago and am happy for our fateful reunion! There's a reason this stuff has been around so long!