Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder
Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Coty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

4.2

on 3/31/2018 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I like this to set my whole face at the moment even though it's a mess to use. I have a LOT of powders because I have oily skin; I'm a fan and like to try many. This is one of the powders I reach for most. It has some oil control and legit makes my skin look what I call creamy matte. Its not chalky at all. I've even grown to like the scent because it reminds me of my grandma and there's that vintage appeal to the brand and product. I also like the art on the cap with all the mini puffs.

My undereye area is very dry and quite wrinkly for my age because of allergies. This powder doesn't make matters much worse most of the time (Maybelline Fit me loose powder emphasizes lines more for example), but If I feel my undereye that day is super dry and wrinkly because of allergies I use instead a small amount of NYX HD silica powder under the eyes because it's fragrance free and transparent. I like that one a lot too, but I only use it sparingly.

I'm NC 42 in Mac and I still use this to set my whole face. It has a warm beige tint but it's translucent enough by the time I'm done applying it with a puff or fluffy brush it has blended in, though it DOES slightly change my foundation color. It looks good anyway and I always put blush and bronzer on top. Anyone NC 45 and above will only be able to use this on the T zone to set concealer and for oil control, but I think they would be better off getting something with a warmer tint or something truly transparent. The Ben nye luxury powders come in many shades.

This hasn't broken me out or flared my acne in any way. And surprisingly I haven't had any allergies to the fragrance. It's a great, finely milled, pore blurring, affordable powder. Of course if you can afford something just as good, but fragrance free and with better packaging then by all means do that, but if you are on a strict budget ( or a vintage product lover) this powder delivers. The quality is there, it's just that it's messy.

Would recommend to anyone with a skintone NC 43 and below. I would repurchase. Even more so if they change the packaging. Took a lippie off for that.

I tried this at least ten times before writing this review because I wanted to like this as much as my favorite youtuber Tati Westbrook, however, my face was incredibly cakey with each application no matter how light the application. It looks great for a couple hours but falls apart and becomes a cakey mess soon after. No thank you. I will stick to CoverFx Matte powder and Makeup Forever Matte powder. Peaches Power is next on my list!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My newest obsession. Patrickstarrr taught me to set my face with this and a damp beauty blender to even out acne scars/texture on his YouTube channel. While it's not a total miracle and my skin doesnt look PERFECT, it does an amazing job at evening the texture for sure. I am so impressed. Keeps me matte all day also. Not a fan of the fragrance, but it doesn't last long luckily. I have oily skin and I would imagine that for as matte as this is, people with dry skin wouldn't benefit from this product much. I will definitely keep using this.

on 7/18/2017 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I honestly just picked this up at walmart because I was looking for a loose powder and couldn't find one I wanted purchase. I didn't do any research online on it which I usually do before purchasing it. I found this little gem hidden underneath all the nail polishes and brushes. When I first opened this powder, I could barely get past the potent smell and how the powder would come out a little after opening it. When I used it to set my maybelline age rewind concealer, my under eyes and face felt so soft and smooth! The first day I was wearing the powder, I was out from 9 am to 8 pm which is almost 12 hours and my face was a little oily(as per usual) but it was way better than when i used my bareminerals powder! My face is acne prone and it doesnt break out when I use this product. There are a couple of colors to choose from but I usually will go for naturally neutral or translucent extra coverage. Overall, the smell is something you can get past because it barely lingers or you can purchase the unscented version. The packaging isn't the greatest and the puff is not very useful(just use your own puffs/brushes). The price point is also amazing because it is less than $10 and you get A LOT of product for your money. The powder itself is awesome and I definitely will be repurchasing it. TRY IT PLEASE! if you don't like it, its very cheap so its ok:)

I would just like to say I was going insane when I saw all the comments regarding the talcum powder in this product. I was freaking out because I wasn't sure if this was putting me in danger and I would just like to say that there is this website and many others that don't have enough evidence to conclude that talcum powder causes cancer. I only rated this product three stars because I have not used it enough yet and upon reading other reviews I see acne prone women say it breaks them out. All pros and cons set aside this product is safe to use, and just remember my fellow make up users that we use talcum powder on babies. What does that say about people as parents who don't mind using this so called "cancer causer" on their own children? Website as reference: http://www.factsabouttalc.com/#about

on 11/20/2016 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this powder for over a year now (still have half left!). It smells like a grandma but is effective to set makeup and touch up your shine throughout the day. I have very oily skin, so nothing works to keep the shine at bay for the whole day, but this does a better job than anything I have used prior. Doesnt look or feel heavy. I was worried it would break me out due to the fragrance but i have had no trouble. Very affordable. I bought it on Amazon since it's not available in store in Canada. Will repurchase.

on 5/10/2016 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my first loose powder I ever use, so I can't compare it to anything. I couldn't decide whether or not I should buy this one or the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder or what ever it's called, but since the LM one is 49 dollars here in Sweden and I could get the Coty Airspun off Ebay for less than 20 I thought I'd try that first.

I don't really know why there's 2 different packagings, I got one who's like a tree box where you pull the "lid" off and poor the powder into that, but I've seen there's a plastic kind of packaging to which I will try to purchase next time. I am not the biggest fan of this packaging, it was a thin plastic top on the powder you had to puncture to get the powder out, which is kinda messy. I sometimes forget that there's powder in the lid and I put it on, which results in powder everywhere.

The product itself I'm really satisfied with though. I use it for baking under my eyes, on my jaws and a bit on my nose. Then I apply it all over my face, and I think it looks great. Some days it can look kinda dry under the eyes, but that's when I've been wearing it for a longer time. I feel like it's starting to look a bit worse under my eyes after about 7 hours, but it doesn't look horrible or anything. I don't have a problem with being shiny, but I feel like this would mattify any oily face very well. One complain I have is the smell.... It smells really strong and like an old lady, I think I'll go for the fragrance free next time ;)

on 4/8/2016 6:21:00 PM

I LOVE THIS!!! Before this I used ELF HD loose powder which was ok, then bought Laura Mercier ($22 for a travel size) and then this for $6 at Kmart and actually prefer this to the LM one. I actually love the smell and the package doesn't bother me. I just keep the puff in there to control it from getting everywhere and then pour a little in the cap when I use. The translucent extra coverage has a slight beige color to it, which is fine with me because that's my foundation color and it doesn't seem to alter anything but I do put this on my foundation before I highlight and contour. I really feel like it gives me a nice matte airbrushed finish to my face and sets my makeup nicely. Love to apply with either damp BB or damp RT sponge. Will definitely repurchase and for $6 it's at least worth a try.

on 10/15/2014 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I wanted to love this. I have to admit, I'm a cheapskate when it comes to makeup. Except for primers, foundation, and the occasional lipstick splurge, I don't like spending too much on makeup. I was excited about this because it's very affordable and has lots of good reviews. Sadly, it's not for me.

CONS
- My skin is not very sensitive but when I put this on, I get a slight stinging and itchy feeling.
- The scent is TOO STRONG. I'm guessing that's what's causing the sting/itchiness. There really shouldn't be that much fragrance in a face product. Isn't it a known fact that most ingredients that are used for fragrance are highly irritating?
- It's not truly transluscent. There's a little bit of a tint to it and it's on the pink side. Since I have yellow undertones, it's a bit off on me.

PROS
+ You get a lot of product for the price.
+ It's actually pretty decent as a finishing/setting powder. The texture is nice and silky, not chalky. The finish is natural with the slightest glow, not too dewy or shimmery and not too matte either. It adds an extra layer of "blur" to cover pores and lines. It helps hold back the oilies longer. Too bad that the cons I've mentioned are dealbreakers for me but if you're not sensitive to fragrance and you have a pink undertone, give this a shot.

on 3/27/2014 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Ok, this stuff is a gem. Sure it has chemicals in it, but it's not like ur gonna be using this on a daily basis. The packaging sucks, so you might have to put it in a different container. Other than that, it is an amazing translucent powder HANDS DOWN!!!!!!! The smell is nice too.