Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder
Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Coty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

4.2

on 1/16/2009 1:34:00 PM

Was desperately in need of powder and went for a quick fix....forgot how much I love this stuff! Makes me look airbrushed! Yes, the packaging can be a pain but I made it easier by punching holes in the plastic overlay with a nail. It's kind of a makeshift sifter. I personally love the scent as well.

on 8/12/2009 5:17:00 PM

This is my HG POWDER. Whatever my make up routine is I always include this powder. I was only able to find translucent and translucent extra coverage but they seem to work just fine for my skin tone. Pores appear smoother and smaller and last up to 8 hrs b4 I have to re apply. Makes a great finishing powder. I've tried BE mineral veil and it sucks....the only thing i use as a powder besides Airspun is E.L.F's Mineral Booster which is spectacular....mix em both together and u got gold.

I have tried both the translucent & the translucent extra coverage. I really wanted to like this because of the high reviews & how cheap this is ($7 for 2.3oz).

Pros:
-Keeps foundation on all day
-finish is wonderful & doesn't cake
-wonderful coverage (tried the extra coverage alone and would make a great powder foundation except the reasons below)

Cons:
-packaging (it gets all over the place EASILY)
-color selection; this is my biggest complaint. There needs to be something in there for the olive and neutral skinned women because this comes in only pink/orange.

Coty: If you read this at all you need to put this in a compact (a.k.a pressed powder) AND make a larger shade selection. If you did these two things then women everywhere would probably use this as their holy grail powder.

on 8/21/2010 10:25:00 PM

I LOVE THIS! Yes, it's a) old- fashioned, b) smells like old-lady perfume, c) has cumbersome packaging, d) and it's not very transportable. What I do is initially poke several small holes in the plastic covering over the powder. put the lid back on, shake, and remove the lid. Then I swirl in a big puffy brush and brush it all over my face. The translucent does have a faint pinkish tint, but isn't noticeable (on me), and the result is pretty much flawless coverage of shine.

on 8/24/2010 10:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this stuff! I know this stuff has been around forever, and I have passed by it many times thinking that it's a cheap old lady's powder. But then I started seeing reviews, and hearing people praise about this. So I picked this one up awhile ago. I don't like the smell, it is very old lady like, and it doesn't really go away, you just kind of have to get used to it, but that's the only con. The packaging I have must be newer, because it's plastic, with a sifter. It's not cardboard like I've always seen. You get a lot of product for about $5. I'm so glad I got the extra coverage formula vs. the other ones, because I have reddness that needs to be covered up. I don't have to wear foundation with this! This has enough coverage to cover up any problems I have! And it looks flawless! This is also the only product that I have ever used that keeps my skin oil free the longest, maybe 4 hours before I have to blot! Love this stuff!

This is the first item that has ever inspired me to write a review.

For me, this stuff is total HG status.
I have previously tried MUFE's Super Matte Loose Powder and Palladio Rice Powder, but this stuff blows them out of the water. MUFE's Matte Powder never gave me the truly poreless, oil free results I needed, and Palladio's Rice Powder is nice but doesn't give the same coverage that this does.

This product makes me stay matte ALL day! I applied it this morning over my Revlon ColorStay (another HG) and it is still perfect after a day of shopping. I pat it on t-zone and cheeks with some makeup puffs that I bought at Wal-Mart and then use the puff that comes with it to sort of blend everything together.

I've been using it for the last 4 or 5 days and I haven't seen any emerging breakouts, but I'll update if a crisis occurs.

I recommend 100%!

Shade reference: NC 15 (NC20 during the summer), and I wear 070-41 in this. Really does provide extra coverage. I wear this over my Revlon CS liq comb/oily fndt in Buff using an Ecotools kabuki to apply. Just poreless!! And as with any powder, I dip, tap, and pat it gently around my eyes with a eyeshadow brush (such as NYX B13) for application perfection on my aging skin. Provides extra coverage for my dark under eye circles without ugly cake-up or settling into fin/e lines. And the light scent reminds me of warm memories of years ago... watching my grandma apply this over her Oil of Olay lotion. She always had such flawless skin! The amount you get in the cute container is insanely generous! I don't care about the film really. I just poke a few holes in it and shake into a clean lid what I need each use. Doesn't get all over the place this way. I will repurchase....if I ever run out.

EDIT 12/19/12: I now use Estee Lauder Double Wear liquid foundation in Bone 17 1W1....after I apply Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion + MAC Strobe Cream. Then, when I use this powder, I use it only on my t-zone (except my nose). The reason for the foundation switch? I found I needed one that was more yellow than Revlon Buff (as Buff is more neutral).

on 10/14/2011 10:33:00 PM

Love this! I don't like wearing heavy makeup and the older I get, less is more. I use it over Neutrogena Healhty Skin Enhancer tinted moisturizer and have a beautiful end result that lasts most of the day. Feel like I'm not wearing makeup, I look natural but polished.

on 11/16/2011 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This powder has been around for a lifetime and with just cause, its pretty amazing stuff. As like many other reviewers have mentioned it is assessable, affordable, and dam good. Works wonderfully as a setting powder or alone to mattify the face. The smell reminds me of old hollywood glamour and disapates soon after application. And not to mention one of these may last you more than 2 years because you only need the smallest amount. HG for sure.

on 10/6/2012 10:47:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Pros:
+Cheap - $5.97 at walmart
+Comes with A LOT of product -2.3oz or 65g
+I actually like the scent - I can't really smell it on my face after i've applied it
+Keeps my face matte - I wore my makeup for 12hrs and i still looked fresh :D
+Does have coverage -light
+Sets my makeup well - makes me look airbrushed
+Don't need a lot to set/blend my makeup
+Doesn't break me out

Cons:
-The lid isn't really secure, like you can't twist it close..

Overall: To be honest this was an impulse buy haha but i'm so glad i bought it I LOVE this, it's my new HG powder and i really don't want to try any other(: