Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder
Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Coty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

4.2

on 5/30/2018 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Best powder I’ve ever used, hands down. Unlike others, I love the scent (L’Origan). I don’t use powder over foundation anymore, but now I use it as a foundation in the summer. I live in a desert climate and summers are very hot, and this fine-milled powder doesn’t melt. Love it to bits.

on 1/4/2018 4:06:00 PM

I've been using this off and on for over 30 years.. I'm 48 yo, combo skin, and even though I have a drawer full of loose and compact powders from Laura Mercier, MAC, NARS, Becca, Chanel, Urban Decay, Too Faced etc etc, nothing gives me an airbrushed finish, with amazing oil control like Coty Air spun. I don't bake, nor do I pack it on thick at my age, but I do use a large fluffy brush and blend into my t zone, (or if I need extra longevity that day I might use a damp beauty blender and pat a bit on some extra oily areas) and all over my nose and chin. I some times will use a light layer PRIOR to my foundation application, and it just gives your foundation so much more longevity. I normally use MAC Face and Body, or Becca Aqua Luminous foundations, since these aren't full coverage foundations, the Coty oomphs the coverage without looking cakey.. I always have a container on hand, and always will! Definitely recommend.

Let me just start by saying that this powder is great! I was recommended it by a friend, and I am so glad that I bought it. There's a lot of product so you get a lot of bang for your buck. Upon opening the product I did notice that there was a perfume smell that reminded me some of an elderly lady but it goes away in time. I'm a huge fan of the puff that comes with the powder, it's great to set your make up with. This product is especially good for baking, and for $5.97 you can't get much better. Like any loose powder there can be quite a mess. Before using it on my face I put some on my hand to swatch the shade and I was amazed by the coverage of it, quite a bit of coverage for a loose powder. I was hoping that it would live up to the hype that the youtube beauty gurus give.. and it DID! Love this product and I believe it will be my new powder routine!

Edit: The translucent is where it's at. The extra coverage is too orange for me these days. I'll try mixing with the translucent to use it up. The original is the best there is.

OP: I'm 49 and have used this for years. Decades. It's never the wrong shade and sets beautifully. I've used both formulas and like both equally. There isn't a tremendous difference between the two, it's very subtle. Less than $10, so if you're paying more, stop. It will last forever. I wear it daily and maybe use one a year. And the people trying to scare with the talc...chill. please. This product has been around for generations without issue. Don't inhale or snort it and you're good to go. I apply with the puff, my own puff, or a brush, but prefer the puffs overall. It really covers well this way and doesn't smudge your foundation. Brush away the excess. A little goes a long way here too. It is hard to find but when I'm running low I can usually find it at Walgreens for less than $8. Scent doesn't linger. Now my 15 year old uses it too. Love this.

on 4/10/2017 1:29:00 AM

OVERALL:: it's a 3/5 product for me, and I won't repurchase. The only reason I bout it was b/c of all the Youtuber and Instagramers said it was a HG product, maybe for them but not for me. Best of luck!! Summary: -no oil control -doesn't break me out -feel like there are better products -don't like the finish -HATE Packaging -smell doesn't linger after app. -won't be repurchasing It's okay. I will use all of the product up but won't buy it again. I just feel like there are better products that are equal or lesser value, like Rimmel Matte powder, or my FAV is NYC Smooth Skin Loose face powder-Translucent (I get it at target), both of which are of equal or lesser value and I get a better finish. One of the main things that this powder does that I Do Not like is it has a very unnatural finish. I'm not talking about a matte/flat finish, to be honest I can't really explain it, I just don't like it. I.kind of feel like it's the color it gives me. I know, I know it's translucent but I feel like it has a pinkish undertone to, and that's what gives me the unnatural finish, b/c I'm neutral leaning more towards yellow tone. Maybe it's all in my head, but it really is how I feel. As far as keeping my oils at bay, it sucks. I'll use it/bake it/ push it into my skin doesn't matter my Tzone will be oily in ~4 hours (with Rimmel I can go about 8H). Staying power, outside of my Tzone is good, I'll get about 8hours from it. PACKAGING: I hate the packaging. You HAVE TO keep the product up right, otherwise your going to get powder all over. I don't use the puff that comes with it, I threw it out so I can't say if the puff helps the powder stay in the container. It will last you a long time, I've had it about 4months and I still have about half the product left, that's about every other day use. It's good for baking, no flash back. It doesn't break me out, but not very many products do. I have a sensitive nose, and the smell doesn't bother me but I think that's b/c it doesn't linger once applied to the skin.

on 3/11/2017 10:29:00 PM

I love this powder. I don't use it for my whole face but I use it just under my eyes and on my eyelids. This powder is super cheap (not the best ingredients) but worth it.

on 2/7/2017 3:55:00 PM

I bought this powder off amazon as I was looking for a translucent loose powder that wouldn't make me look orange. This powder is a true translucent and is one of the first i've found that doesn't make me orange. For $19 you do get a lot of product. It is 2.3 oz and it will last me quite a while. A little goes a long way. I was hoping this would be good for baking my under eye concealer but it seems to get a little bit cakey and dry on my undereyes when i have tried to bake with it. But i do like it a lot for setting my foundation overall. Keeps my oily t-zone matte pretty well all day. I don't usually use the puffs that come included with powders but I have been using the puff that comes with it and I like it. I use the puff to apply the powder lightly all over my face and neck then use a powder brush to blend it in. I will keep using this product and plan to try it with different concealers for baking my undereyes

on 9/18/2016 2:06:00 AM

I got mine in the variant Translucent Extra Coverage. I bought this as cheaper alternative to the Ben Nye Banana and RCMA No Color Powder. Both of which I already own. I just want to test if this Coty powder lives up to the hype after I saw Patrick Starr raving about it on YouTube. This Coty Airspun has 2.3 oz of product and for the price, it's totally justifiable. Side note: I love Patrick since he's Filipino and is very talented with makeup.

The main ingredient int this powder Talc which does not surprise me since it's an inexpensive filler for makeup in powder form. The mattifying effect of this powder is mainly attributed by the talc in its ingredient. I should say this is a good alternative to other oil-control setting powders but I will not use this to blot my face since it leaves a thick beige cast on areas I blotted.

MAJOR TURN OFF: the scent of the powder! I find the smell too strong. I left the container open overnight for 3 straight days in an attempt get rid of the smell but it just clings on to the product. This is nice to have but definitely not a must have. I will stick to my RCMA No Color Powder because the bottle packs 3 oz of product which will probably last me a couple of years.

on 8/11/2016 7:37:00 PM

This is one of the few loose powders I own and I have the translucent powder. Not translucent extra coverage.
Yes the scent is strong but I like it as it remind me of old time makeup, vintage like stuff. And it does have a nice finish to it. It's a lot of product in the packaging so it'll last a real long time. If only there was a compact version then it'd practically be the only powder I'd buy.

Fantastic!!! Wonderful powder that makes your skin look airbrushed and keeps your makeup set all day long. I used this on all my girlfriends this past weekend for a wedding and they all loved it and couldnt believe how flawless their skin looked. Everyone is right about the scent, it defintiely smells BUT for the price and the quality of this product, I dont care. Highly recommend!!! PS. I have oily/combination skin and this keeps controls the oils for sure.