Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage
airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverageCoty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverageairspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

4.6

on 8/31/2016 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This powder has been around forever and there is a reason for that!!! Never tried it in the past, thinking it would make my skin feel dry. I'm a combo, with oily T-zone, made worse by the New Orleans summer heat and humidity. Well I bought this powder in Honey Beige, since the Translucent wasn't available. Wowza!!! I am using Avon Anew 2 in 1 compact foundation, which is also prone to problems with the heat and humidity. Today I used the Anew day cream, the Anew foundation and pressed on the Coty powder, then buffed with a rounded kabuki (ELF). My makeup hasn't looked this good or natural since I don't know when.

Will post again later in the day as to how it holds up in the heat and humidity. I must say that my skin doesn't feel dry or tight at all. Thanks for reading.

UPDATE: 12 hours after applying foundation and Coty I had very minimal shine on my forehead. This I can live with!!! I'm gonna love this oldie but goodie!!!

on 1/8/2016 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't think I will EVER use another facial powder again! I've used many different brands (usually pressed powder, though) and never seem to get the right coverage and sometimes not at all the right shade (especially if it oxidizes.) A few weeks ago I learned about "baking" and this powder was recommended. With the great reviews on this site I decided it was worth a shot and I am SSOOO glad I bought it! I thought I'd have trouble finding it, but my Walmart carries it for $6. I transferred some of the powder out of the big container and put it in a smaller plastic one for easier use--I traveled on an airplane with it like that and it transported beautifully without any problems as a carry-on. I use the Real Techniques Expert Face brush to apply it (see step #7 below for specifics on my use of this powder.) This does have a light scent (reminds me of a grandmother--baby powder-ish maybe?) but I like it--especially now that I associate it with looking good.

This is my new daily regime with the "baking" that I LOVE SO MUCH!!!
(1) Cleanse my face with Equate Cetaphil or Equate Noxema--they both work well enough...making sure to clean under my eyes with the cleanser on a Q-tip to get any mascara that didn't come off the night before and smeared while I was sleeping.

(2) Douse a gauze square with rubbing alcohol and run it on my face like a toner--it isn't too drying for me yet and is the only thing that keeps my forehead clear now that I'm off birth control pills. I poured my rubbing alcohol into a pump bottle for more convenience.

(3) After letting the alcohol dry (less than a minute...generally by the time I throw the gauze away) I GENTLY smear/pat Equate Aveeno on my face--it sinks in quickly and the patting keeps me from "exfoliating" when I don't want to (a new trick for me that I think helps a lot because I used to do a LOT of rubbing--lotion, foundation, cover-up--and I was exfoliating, making my face rough without realizing it, and then wondered why my face never looked smooth.)

(4) Wait until the lotion sinks in (a minute or two so I brush my teeth during this time) then gently smear/pat primer. I use either Hard Candy Sheer Envy Illuminating Primer or Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer which are about the same price and work equally well (the Hard Candy is more like a spreadable gel and the Rimmel more like a lotion.)

(5) Let the primer sit a minute or two while I choose my clothes for the day, then use a make-up wedge from the dollar tree to pat my Boots #7 Lift & Luminate Foundation in Cool Ivory on my face (takes longer than with my fingers and uses more but gives much better coverage.)

(6) I streak some yellow stick concealer (like a lipstick but not sure what brand it is) under my eyes and almost to my hairline curving up and pat it in with the same make-up wedge.

(7) I use Real Techniques Expert Face brush with Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder by dipping the brush into the facial powder, tapping off just some of the excess, tapping the powder on my face so I can see that there's too much on there (making sure I cover my whole face like that) then leave it for 10 minutes while I actually put my clothes on (leaving it like that is called "baking"--a new discovery for me.) I also put on my mascara and any eye shadow if I use it that day while the powder is sitting…or do my hair, but not my bangs since they go over my forehead.

(8) After 10 minutes or so, I use this same brush to "flick" the excess powder off my face, use another brush to add my blush, spray my face with Hard Candy Fast & Fabulous Setting Spray, then do my hair and hit the door.

It takes me longer to get ready now (about 20 minutes for my face, brushing teeth and getting dressed) but I actually HAVE make-up on my face to clean off at the end of the day now. In fact, I've had to start using Extra Virgin Olive Oil to get my make-up off at night because neither the Cetaphil nor Noxema was cutting it. So I put some EVOO in an empty honey container (the cute bear with the small hole in the top) and I pour some on my fingers, smear it around on my face, wipe my face with a wet wipe (which I keep in every bathroom for hygiene, cleaning sinks and toilets, and a ton of other uses), then smear my Cetaphil or Noxema and rinse that off--followed by my gauze of rubbing alcohol which I also use on my neck/chest/back of my neck. I finish up with some Aveeno lotion and climb into bed. My zits are MUCH less frequent with the rubbing alcohol (they WERE constant since getting of the pill) and they disappear so much faster now! In fact, they rarely come to a head at all anymore before retreating.

Here's a link to the "baking" that revolutionized my make-up routine. I kept searching for a primer or a foundation or a powder that would last all day, but apparently I just needed to change up my routine. Why didn't someone tell me sooner?! :)

This one helped me, too….

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I love this powder, the price is great and it works! I was using Estée Lauder double wear loose powder and it felt heavy, so I decided to try this Coty brand. I had used it years ago and now I remember why, it's a great product for the price. I filled up my Estée Lauder container and stored away the rest for future use. It works great for my normal skin type and it has a very pleasant smell. I like the way my face looks and it lasts all day. I wear it over all my makeup from my foundation to my BB creams.

on 8/10/2014 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I adore. I had a great aunt in the 70's who had this on her dresser. I really bought it wanting to display. It was not very expensive. I did before buy a high quality powder brush so this was meant to be. They have changed the packaging it's much better. It's not paper it's plastic.
I am so glad Coty has continued to make this. There are a lot of choices. I endorse this product. :-)

on 3/22/2014 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is a true drugstore gem. I'm so sorry I waited so very long to try it. I'm NC50 and while it shows lighter on me (despite being translucent) it's nothing I can't work with. Besides that, it really controls oil well and lasts for hours. The only thing better would be a pressed powder version.

on 2/27/2014 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely adore this product!!!!!! This is by far the best loose powder on the market and once I discovered it I never went back to any other brand of loose powder!!! In a word this product is amazing!!!!

This is by far the best powder for setting your foundation and making it last all day! it repels moisture, humidity, sweat and all the things that can make your makeup look gross throughout the day. The texture of this powder is also super amazing it is AIRSPUN which means it is milled very, very fine and then is spun in the air which gives it the texture of silk!!!! It glides on and it doesn't have that coarse grainy texture that so many other loose powders have. Also this powder is truly translucent and blends beautifully with my light skin without giving me an artificial or orangey look which is a huge plus! This product also makes my face look gloriously matte without a hint of shine which is the whole reason I wear loose powder in the first place. The smell is a little grandma like but it's not unpleasant and actually doesn't bother me.....this is definitely my HG loose powder!!!!!

For those of you that prefer a matte finish to your face and want to keep that look going all day without any problems then I highly recommend Coty Airspun Loose Powder it is the best loose powder you will ever use!!!!!! Better then any high end product on the planet!!!! Get yourself over to CVS or Walgreens and get yourself some!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

First off this stung my skin when I put it on. I'm not sure if it is the fragrance or some other ingredient but it was like the first tingles of glycolic acid or something. DNW

Second of all, it left an ashy cast. I am a NC45/50 and I wanted a translucent powder to set and finish my makeup. This was visible when I brushed it off. It may be a technique issue but I also purchased the L'Oreal translucent powder and didn't have the same issue.

on 4/6/2011 9:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I got this powder in Walgreen's today for the first time. Ive always heard nice things about it but have never had any. I'm really pleased with it. The smell is so nice too and a friend told me today that its the same smell as Coty's classic fragrance L'Origin.

The scent of this brings back memories of being a child and watching my mother and grandmother putting on their makeup.
No the baby/lavander scent isn't for everyone but its worth it.
I am NC25 for reference and have been looking for something that wasn't going to add more color to my Studio Fix Liquid.
I wanted my skin to peak thru and seem natual and flawless and for 7 bucks and a whole lot of product its a dream come true.
Worn by itself and not blended well enough it can give a white cast affect to the face. The only this the powder-puff is good for is holding the powder down so that its not all over the place when you open the top (which is one con because it doesnt lock)
Product is amazing for setting undereye conceler and the product itself gives my face a silky to the touch feeling.
Can beat it for price, amount and quality
Def Recommend

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

My grandmother used this in her makeup wearing years--but I didn't know that when I bought my first box. I used it in my very early 20s, then switched to Elizabeth Arden, then went to Bonne Bell, then New York Color, now I'm back to Coty. It does not break me out, and it does not turn orange, which is about all I ask. :-)