Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder
Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Coty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

4.6

on 1/8/2016 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't think I will EVER use another facial powder again! I've used many different brands (usually pressed powder, though) and never seem to get the right coverage and sometimes not at all the right shade (especially if it oxidizes.) A few weeks ago I learned about "baking" and this powder was recommended. With the great reviews on this site I decided it was worth a shot and I am SSOOO glad I bought it! I thought I'd have trouble finding it, but my Walmart carries it for $6. I transferred some of the powder out of the big container and put it in a smaller plastic one for easier use--I traveled on an airplane with it like that and it transported beautifully without any problems as a carry-on. I use the Real Techniques Expert Face brush to apply it (see step #7 below for specifics on my use of this powder.) This does have a light scent (reminds me of a grandmother--baby powder-ish maybe?) but I like it--especially now that I associate it with looking good.

This is my new daily regime with the "baking" that I LOVE SO MUCH!!!
(1) Cleanse my face with Equate Cetaphil or Equate Noxema--they both work well enough...making sure to clean under my eyes with the cleanser on a Q-tip to get any mascara that didn't come off the night before and smeared while I was sleeping.

(2) Douse a gauze square with rubbing alcohol and run it on my face like a toner--it isn't too drying for me yet and is the only thing that keeps my forehead clear now that I'm off birth control pills. I poured my rubbing alcohol into a pump bottle for more convenience.

(3) After letting the alcohol dry (less than a minute...generally by the time I throw the gauze away) I GENTLY smear/pat Equate Aveeno on my face--it sinks in quickly and the patting keeps me from "exfoliating" when I don't want to (a new trick for me that I think helps a lot because I used to do a LOT of rubbing--lotion, foundation, cover-up--and I was exfoliating, making my face rough without realizing it, and then wondered why my face never looked smooth.)

(4) Wait until the lotion sinks in (a minute or two so I brush my teeth during this time) then gently smear/pat primer. I use either Hard Candy Sheer Envy Illuminating Primer or Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer which are about the same price and work equally well (the Hard Candy is more like a spreadable gel and the Rimmel more like a lotion.)

(5) Let the primer sit a minute or two while I choose my clothes for the day, then use a make-up wedge from the dollar tree to pat my Boots #7 Lift & Luminate Foundation in Cool Ivory on my face (takes longer than with my fingers and uses more but gives much better coverage.)

(6) I streak some yellow stick concealer (like a lipstick but not sure what brand it is) under my eyes and almost to my hairline curving up and pat it in with the same make-up wedge.

(7) I use Real Techniques Expert Face brush with Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder by dipping the brush into the facial powder, tapping off just some of the excess, tapping the powder on my face so I can see that there's too much on there (making sure I cover my whole face like that) then leave it for 10 minutes while I actually put my clothes on (leaving it like that is called "baking"--a new discovery for me.) I also put on my mascara and any eye shadow if I use it that day while the powder is sitting…or do my hair, but not my bangs since they go over my forehead.

(8) After 10 minutes or so, I use this same brush to "flick" the excess powder off my face, use another brush to add my blush, spray my face with Hard Candy Fast & Fabulous Setting Spray, then do my hair and hit the door.

It takes me longer to get ready now (about 20 minutes for my face, brushing teeth and getting dressed) but I actually HAVE make-up on my face to clean off at the end of the day now. In fact, I've had to start using Extra Virgin Olive Oil to get my make-up off at night because neither the Cetaphil nor Noxema was cutting it. So I put some EVOO in an empty honey container (the cute bear with the small hole in the top) and I pour some on my fingers, smear it around on my face, wipe my face with a wet wipe (which I keep in every bathroom for hygiene, cleaning sinks and toilets, and a ton of other uses), then smear my Cetaphil or Noxema and rinse that off--followed by my gauze of rubbing alcohol which I also use on my neck/chest/back of my neck. I finish up with some Aveeno lotion and climb into bed. My zits are MUCH less frequent with the rubbing alcohol (they WERE constant since getting of the pill) and they disappear so much faster now! In fact, they rarely come to a head at all anymore before retreating.

Here's a link to the "baking" that revolutionized my make-up routine. I kept searching for a primer or a foundation or a powder that would last all day, but apparently I just needed to change up my routine. Why didn't someone tell me sooner?! :)

This one helped me, too….

on 8/13/2015 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this since 2010. It wasn't the first setting powder I tried, however it was the only one to make it to "holy grail" status. Since then I have strayed to try many others that have a cult following (MUFE HD, NARs Light Reflecting, ect) but I always return to this one. There was one powder in particular that won me over for about 4 months... but then I realized it was breaking me out very slowly.

It's safe to say I've learned my lesson and I'm done straying. No other powder has out performed Coty in my book. To me, that's incredible given the fact I apply more than a dragqueen daily and yet a <$10 jar will last me 6+ months. I know a jar of this will probably last the average MU wearer over a year. HurricaneNika on cafe board stated hers has lasted her 4 years with daily use. o__O

The reason I love Coty Airspun Powder is because it offers great coverage in addition to setting my liquid foundation. It gives me that "perfect doll skin" look. Coty never clogs my pores. In fact there was a time after learning that my oil production is the cause my acne that I wore this powder to bed. My pimples reduced quite a bit because it absorbed all the excess oil. I don't do that anymore as I've found a better routine - however I still think that says quite a bit about the product. I have extremely oily skin. I wear this on top of Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse (my HG fndt...review in profile) and my skin is left matte ALL day. If worn by itself, I get about 6 hours without needing a touch up (vs all day). Additionally I've found it photographs AWESOME.

I wear this powder everyday even on days I don't wear anything else. It's a must.

on 9/27/2010 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Well, thanks to MUA, I tried this powder. Saw it at Walmart for $5.67 and figured, what the heck let me try it for the inexpensive price.
The package has been changed, and actually, it works out quite well. As the packaging is big, there is plenty of room to swirl your huge powder brush and have room for the fallout.
The scent, well...it is rather old-ladyish, (oh no..I AM an old lady--LOL)
but it dissapates after a bit.
Coverage is spot on. I actually did an experiment--I had an old bare minerals veil lying about and did half of my face with Bare and half with the Coty. I liked the Coty better. So, I'm now using the Coty for everyday and using my CoverFX powder for special occasions.
I will say that you need to use a very light touch with this stuff, but--hey, it works. My face doesn't feel dry and powdery--it doesn't look dry and powdery and it sets my make-up just lovely!

on 8/17/2011 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product already, as I've used it for years. I love vintage products, and this powder has been around since 1935 for a reason. It works. It comes in a round plastic container with a screw-top - not as cute & vintagey as the old cardboard container, but much easier to deal with and definitely less messy. It has a nice vintage fragrance, Coty's L'Origan, although if you're sensitive to fragrances, you may find it overwhelming. Personally, I enjoy the scent, and don't find that I can detect it after application anyway. The powder itself is lightweight and lovely. It covers well, is sufficiently mattifying, doesn't turn orange, and lasts for hours. I use either translucent or translucent extra coverage. Overall, a very high quality powder with drugstore availability and price. Price is under $8 at Walgreen's, near the makeup brushes & nail tools. This is my HG powder and I will keep buying it as long as Coty keeps making it.

on 9/21/2015 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I used to see this powder at the stores all the time but never felt the urge to buy it until I read all the good reviews it had, so I decided to give it a try and I'm so glad I did! This powder is just amazing, my skin looks flawless when I apply it! I have super oily skin, I work more than 12 hours a day everyday and I only need to touch up once because this keeps my face oil free all day! At the end of the day my skin looks just as great as when I first applied my makeup in the morning. The container comes with A LOT of product in it, and you can't beat the price (I bought this at my local Walgreens for only $6.49!) So you get great coverage, flawless looking skin, amazing oil control, plus you get a lot of product for an affordable price, what else do you need? The only con for me is the strong scent which I'm not a big fan of, but luckily it fades after a while. I just can't believe I didn't found out about this product sooner!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My HG powder baby!...Oh how I love thee...I really hope they continue to always have this product and never change it, it stays on all day helps with my extremely oily skin blurs pores, nice finish I have this in translucent and suntan, I absolutley love both, suntan is a gorgeous natural light tan, looks like skin, not orange like most powder. Just amazing, you get sooooo much product for a great price. Found mine at Kmart, I'm returning my Mac blot powder because why pay 30 when I can pay 7 for the same thing...can't live with out it. Smell yes is old ladyish but goes away, still worth every penny.

I would just like to say I was going insane when I saw all the comments regarding the talcum powder in this product. I was freaking out because I wasn't sure if this was putting me in danger and I would just like to say that there is this website and many others that don't have enough evidence to conclude that talcum powder causes cancer. I only rated this product three stars because I have not used it enough yet and upon reading other reviews I see acne prone women say it breaks them out. All pros and cons set aside this product is safe to use, and just remember my fellow make up users that we use talcum powder on babies. What does that say about people as parents who don't mind using this so called "cancer causer" on their own children? Website as reference: http://www.factsabouttalc.com/#about

Shade reference: NC 15 (NC20 during the summer), and I wear 070-41 in this. Really does provide extra coverage. I wear this over my Revlon CS liq comb/oily fndt in Buff using an Ecotools kabuki to apply. Just poreless!! And as with any powder, I dip, tap, and pat it gently around my eyes with a eyeshadow brush (such as NYX B13) for application perfection on my aging skin. Provides extra coverage for my dark under eye circles without ugly cake-up or settling into fin/e lines. And the light scent reminds me of warm memories of years ago... watching my grandma apply this over her Oil of Olay lotion. She always had such flawless skin! The amount you get in the cute container is insanely generous! I don't care about the film really. I just poke a few holes in it and shake into a clean lid what I need each use. Doesn't get all over the place this way. I will repurchase....if I ever run out.

EDIT 12/19/12: I now use Estee Lauder Double Wear liquid foundation in Bone 17 1W1....after I apply Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion + MAC Strobe Cream. Then, when I use this powder, I use it only on my t-zone (except my nose). The reason for the foundation switch? I found I needed one that was more yellow than Revlon Buff (as Buff is more neutral).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My mother and grandmother used this....so when I tried this out I was doubtful that such an ancient product would work for my oily skin...but no, this stuff is really great.

This sets my foundation, prevents oil, does not look cakey, and smooths my pores (doesn't highlight them) I've used this A LOT for the past 3 summers, and each summer I cautiously use this, thinking...will it still smooth my pores? Keep my face oil free? And it does..I'm very impressed

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My newest obsession. Patrickstarrr taught me to set my face with this and a damp beauty blender to even out acne scars/texture on his YouTube channel. While it's not a total miracle and my skin doesnt look PERFECT, it does an amazing job at evening the texture for sure. I am so impressed. Keeps me matte all day also. Not a fan of the fragrance, but it doesn't last long luckily. I have oily skin and I would imagine that for as matte as this is, people with dry skin wouldn't benefit from this product much. I will definitely keep using this.