Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage
airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverageCoty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverageairspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

4.6

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Stunning! And I LIVE for the scent!!! 💋💋

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this powder! The perfume smell is a little extra, but it doesn't stick around for too long. I use this powder mainly to set my undereyes, but I also use it to set my nose and chin, all spots that get a little oily throughout the day. I wouldn't recommend using this on dry spots as it tends to cling. I leave this off my cheeks and forehead, and just stick to setting spray there.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My mother and grandmother used this....so when I tried this out I was doubtful that such an ancient product would work for my oily skin...but no, this stuff is really great.

This sets my foundation, prevents oil, does not look cakey, and smooths my pores (doesn't highlight them) I've used this A LOT for the past 3 summers, and each summer I cautiously use this, thinking...will it still smooth my pores? Keep my face oil free? And it does..I'm very impressed

on 3/11/2017 10:29:00 PM

I love this powder. I don't use it for my whole face but I use it just under my eyes and on my eyelids. This powder is super cheap (not the best ingredients) but worth it.

I would just like to say I was going insane when I saw all the comments regarding the talcum powder in this product. I was freaking out because I wasn't sure if this was putting me in danger and I would just like to say that there is this website and many others that don't have enough evidence to conclude that talcum powder causes cancer. I only rated this product three stars because I have not used it enough yet and upon reading other reviews I see acne prone women say it breaks them out. All pros and cons set aside this product is safe to use, and just remember my fellow make up users that we use talcum powder on babies. What does that say about people as parents who don't mind using this so called "cancer causer" on their own children? Website as reference: http://www.factsabouttalc.com/#about

on 10/27/2016 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This powder is amazing!! It has a great finish, provides extra coverage and best of all keeps my oily skin shine free for at least 10 hours which is incredible!! Love it and will continue to repurchase.

on 5/10/2016 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my first loose powder I ever use, so I can't compare it to anything. I couldn't decide whether or not I should buy this one or the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder or what ever it's called, but since the LM one is 49 dollars here in Sweden and I could get the Coty Airspun off Ebay for less than 20 I thought I'd try that first.

I don't really know why there's 2 different packagings, I got one who's like a tree box where you pull the "lid" off and poor the powder into that, but I've seen there's a plastic kind of packaging to which I will try to purchase next time. I am not the biggest fan of this packaging, it was a thin plastic top on the powder you had to puncture to get the powder out, which is kinda messy. I sometimes forget that there's powder in the lid and I put it on, which results in powder everywhere.

The product itself I'm really satisfied with though. I use it for baking under my eyes, on my jaws and a bit on my nose. Then I apply it all over my face, and I think it looks great. Some days it can look kinda dry under the eyes, but that's when I've been wearing it for a longer time. I feel like it's starting to look a bit worse under my eyes after about 7 hours, but it doesn't look horrible or anything. I don't have a problem with being shiny, but I feel like this would mattify any oily face very well. One complain I have is the smell.... It smells really strong and like an old lady, I think I'll go for the fragrance free next time ;)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My HG powder baby!...Oh how I love thee...I really hope they continue to always have this product and never change it, it stays on all day helps with my extremely oily skin blurs pores, nice finish I have this in translucent and suntan, I absolutley love both, suntan is a gorgeous natural light tan, looks like skin, not orange like most powder. Just amazing, you get sooooo much product for a great price. Found mine at Kmart, I'm returning my Mac blot powder because why pay 30 when I can pay 7 for the same thing...can't live with out it. Smell yes is old ladyish but goes away, still worth every penny.

on 1/8/2016 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't think I will EVER use another facial powder again! I've used many different brands (usually pressed powder, though) and never seem to get the right coverage and sometimes not at all the right shade (especially if it oxidizes.) A few weeks ago I learned about "baking" and this powder was recommended. With the great reviews on this site I decided it was worth a shot and I am SSOOO glad I bought it! I thought I'd have trouble finding it, but my Walmart carries it for $6. I transferred some of the powder out of the big container and put it in a smaller plastic one for easier use--I traveled on an airplane with it like that and it transported beautifully without any problems as a carry-on. I use the Real Techniques Expert Face brush to apply it (see step #7 below for specifics on my use of this powder.) This does have a light scent (reminds me of a grandmother--baby powder-ish maybe?) but I like it--especially now that I associate it with looking good.

This is my new daily regime with the "baking" that I LOVE SO MUCH!!!
(1) Cleanse my face with Equate Cetaphil or Equate Noxema--they both work well enough...making sure to clean under my eyes with the cleanser on a Q-tip to get any mascara that didn't come off the night before and smeared while I was sleeping.

(2) Douse a gauze square with rubbing alcohol and run it on my face like a toner--it isn't too drying for me yet and is the only thing that keeps my forehead clear now that I'm off birth control pills. I poured my rubbing alcohol into a pump bottle for more convenience.

(3) After letting the alcohol dry (less than a minute...generally by the time I throw the gauze away) I GENTLY smear/pat Equate Aveeno on my face--it sinks in quickly and the patting keeps me from "exfoliating" when I don't want to (a new trick for me that I think helps a lot because I used to do a LOT of rubbing--lotion, foundation, cover-up--and I was exfoliating, making my face rough without realizing it, and then wondered why my face never looked smooth.)

(4) Wait until the lotion sinks in (a minute or two so I brush my teeth during this time) then gently smear/pat primer. I use either Hard Candy Sheer Envy Illuminating Primer or Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer which are about the same price and work equally well (the Hard Candy is more like a spreadable gel and the Rimmel more like a lotion.)

(5) Let the primer sit a minute or two while I choose my clothes for the day, then use a make-up wedge from the dollar tree to pat my Boots #7 Lift & Luminate Foundation in Cool Ivory on my face (takes longer than with my fingers and uses more but gives much better coverage.)

(6) I streak some yellow stick concealer (like a lipstick but not sure what brand it is) under my eyes and almost to my hairline curving up and pat it in with the same make-up wedge.

(7) I use Real Techniques Expert Face brush with Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder by dipping the brush into the facial powder, tapping off just some of the excess, tapping the powder on my face so I can see that there's too much on there (making sure I cover my whole face like that) then leave it for 10 minutes while I actually put my clothes on (leaving it like that is called "baking"--a new discovery for me.) I also put on my mascara and any eye shadow if I use it that day while the powder is sitting…or do my hair, but not my bangs since they go over my forehead.

(8) After 10 minutes or so, I use this same brush to "flick" the excess powder off my face, use another brush to add my blush, spray my face with Hard Candy Fast & Fabulous Setting Spray, then do my hair and hit the door.

It takes me longer to get ready now (about 20 minutes for my face, brushing teeth and getting dressed) but I actually HAVE make-up on my face to clean off at the end of the day now. In fact, I've had to start using Extra Virgin Olive Oil to get my make-up off at night because neither the Cetaphil nor Noxema was cutting it. So I put some EVOO in an empty honey container (the cute bear with the small hole in the top) and I pour some on my fingers, smear it around on my face, wipe my face with a wet wipe (which I keep in every bathroom for hygiene, cleaning sinks and toilets, and a ton of other uses), then smear my Cetaphil or Noxema and rinse that off--followed by my gauze of rubbing alcohol which I also use on my neck/chest/back of my neck. I finish up with some Aveeno lotion and climb into bed. My zits are MUCH less frequent with the rubbing alcohol (they WERE constant since getting of the pill) and they disappear so much faster now! In fact, they rarely come to a head at all anymore before retreating.

Here's a link to the "baking" that revolutionized my make-up routine. I kept searching for a primer or a foundation or a powder that would last all day, but apparently I just needed to change up my routine. Why didn't someone tell me sooner?! :)

This one helped me, too….

one of the better drugstore loose powders i have tried, however if i ever repurchased, i will be opting for the plain translucent powder rather than the extra coverage. the extra coverage version barely provides any coverage anyway, and is a little orangey on my fair-ish skin but it's not THAT noticeable (mac nc20 during hotter seasons, nc15 during cooler seasons). smell is a little overpowering at first, but disappears within a few minutes. does an okay job controlling oil, but i find that i still have to blot after about 3-4 hours. clings to dry patches if i'm not careful though.