Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

4.4

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

HG status. Why this isn't a cult status, I'll never know. Yes, there's a bit of a scent, but the newest one I bought in the last few weeks isn't as scented as it used to be. This is great for those that are put off by the flowery scent.

What's fantastic about this product is that you don't even need liquid foundation. It provides a really good amount of coverage without having to layer it on and get that dreaded cake face.

If you do use liquid foundation under this, it will give you a beautiful airbrushed look, and won't conceal a luminous finish if that's the kind of foundation you use.

With that being said, if you notice that this is a little powdery looking, all you have to do is take a clean brush and swipe the excess off your face. Or you could use MAC fix+ spray and that will fix it too (so will putting any Micellar water in a spray bottle and using that, because it's essentially the same thing).

on 6/28/2016 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG setting powder that really works on my oily skin. Without this, i have to blot my face (esp t-zone area) for every 30 MINUTES. Yes. 30 minutes. This powder has really great oil control and it does not make me breakout. This powder keeps my skin looking nice and matte for freaking 3 hours (sometimes more). 10 stars from me

To Read all 96 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/10/2016 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my first loose powder I ever use, so I can't compare it to anything. I couldn't decide whether or not I should buy this one or the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder or what ever it's called, but since the LM one is 49 dollars here in Sweden and I could get the Coty Airspun off Ebay for less than 20 I thought I'd try that first.

I don't really know why there's 2 different packagings, I got one who's like a tree box where you pull the "lid" off and poor the powder into that, but I've seen there's a plastic kind of packaging to which I will try to purchase next time. I am not the biggest fan of this packaging, it was a thin plastic top on the powder you had to puncture to get the powder out, which is kinda messy. I sometimes forget that there's powder in the lid and I put it on, which results in powder everywhere.

The product itself I'm really satisfied with though. I use it for baking under my eyes, on my jaws and a bit on my nose. Then I apply it all over my face, and I think it looks great. Some days it can look kinda dry under the eyes, but that's when I've been wearing it for a longer time. I feel like it's starting to look a bit worse under my eyes after about 7 hours, but it doesn't look horrible or anything. I don't have a problem with being shiny, but I feel like this would mattify any oily face very well. One complain I have is the smell.... It smells really strong and like an old lady, I think I'll go for the fragrance free next time ;)

on 4/8/2016 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE THIS!!! Before this I used ELF HD loose powder which was ok, then bought Laura Mercier ($22 for a travel size) and then this for $6 at Kmart and actually prefer this to the LM one. I actually love the smell and the package doesn't bother me. I just keep the puff in there to control it from getting everywhere and then pour a little in the cap when I use. The translucent extra coverage has a slight beige color to it, which is fine with me because that's my foundation color and it doesn't seem to alter anything but I do put this on my foundation before I highlight and contour. I really feel like it gives me a nice matte airbrushed finish to my face and sets my makeup nicely. Love to apply with either damp BB or damp RT sponge. Will definitely repurchase and for $6 it's at least worth a try.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- oil control
- lots of product

CONS

- scent
- can be drying
- looks powdery

COMMENTS: I find this can be drying, so it's best used with a more hydrating base. I can't stand the scent, so it makes it harder to bake with because I just end up inhaling so much of it. I prefer my colorless Ben Nye and RCMA powders, as they look more natural and don't look like powder at all.

Will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Best powder ever !!! Nothing else compares and it lasts forever

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I think every woman including my mother had this powder in the 80s. I remember seeing the large container everywhere. I'm surprised I never bought this until now. I never see it in stores because its not sold near the makeup! Why do they sell this in the nail department? I found it at Walmart near the Sally Hansen display. Don't blink because you will miss it. I guess Coty only sells this powder and that is it. There was a tiny display of four random powders on the ground level shelf. The price was only $6 for such a large container. I picked up the shade Translucent Extra Coverage. This is the BEST powder for my very oily skin. In fact, maybe too good! This powder is ultra matte coverage. I do not have oil show through ever when I wear this and no powder ever has given me full shine free coverage all day long. I can't get over the performance of this powder. My skin tends to get so oily that I usually use a powder foundation and top it off with a setting powder. All of my other setting powders leave me oily at about noon time and I need to reapply. When I apply Coty over my powder foundation, I stay shine free all day without needing to touch up. I tested this with a liquid foundation as well. Now with liquids, I get pretty shiny almost immediately, about two hours after initial application so I always need to carry a setting powder with me to blot during the day. I set my liquid foundation with Coty and I stayed matte for the entire night I was out (about 8 hours) without needing to blot! For the record, this is the very first time ever that I didn't need to blot throughout the night after setting a liquid foundation. This is winter so I'm hoping this powder will perform just as well during the summer. I would love for Coty to come out with a compact form to be able to carry on the go.

Overall: A+ Performance
Sensitivities: 0 (no rashes, breakouts or itchiness)
Cost: Affordable @ under six bucks
Texture & Finish: Very finely milled with a high end luxurious feel. Matte finish without the white cast.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My HG powder baby!...Oh how I love thee...I really hope they continue to always have this product and never change it, it stays on all day helps with my extremely oily skin blurs pores, nice finish I have this in translucent and suntan, I absolutley love both, suntan is a gorgeous natural light tan, looks like skin, not orange like most powder. Just amazing, you get sooooo much product for a great price. Found mine at Kmart, I'm returning my Mac blot powder because why pay 30 when I can pay 7 for the same thing...can't live with out it. Smell yes is old ladyish but goes away, still worth every penny.

on 1/20/2016 6:24:00 PM

Very happy with this product! It stays ALL day. Make sure you don't use too much or it cakes and sticks to dry spots. VERY little and it works (:

on 1/20/2016 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I learnt about the Airspun powder on YouTube and it sounded like an awesome product unfortunately on my Pakistani complexion it didn't work. I tried it on over my Estée Lauder double wear foundation and I ended up looking like a yellow caked mess it was horrible. I didn't use a lot of powder but it went on yellow!!! I was so disappointed it was untrue. I bought the translucent extra coverage powder maybe I should of stuck to just translucent option. Suffice to say my tub of powder now sits unused on my dresser maybe I can pass it on to one of my fairere skinned friends because if your of Asian or black ethnicity I don't think it's designed for you. As a powder it works brilliantly and stays on all day it's just the shade that's the problem. Would recommend to all fair skinned ladies. Enjoy