Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage
Coty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverageairspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

on 9/18/2016 2:06:00 AM

I got mine in the variant Translucent Extra Coverage. I bought this as cheaper alternative to the Ben Nye Banana and RCMA No Color Powder. Both of which I already own. I just want to test if this Coty powder lives up to the hype after I saw Patrick Starr raving about it on YouTube. This Coty Airspun has 2.3 oz of product and for the price, it's totally justifiable. Side note: I love Patrick since he's Filipino and is very talented with makeup.

The main ingredient int this powder Talc which does not surprise me since it's an inexpensive filler for makeup in powder form. The mattifying effect of this powder is mainly attributed by the talc in its ingredient. I should say this is a good alternative to other oil-control setting powders but I will not use this to blot my face since it leaves a thick beige cast on areas I blotted.

MAJOR TURN OFF: the scent of the powder! I find the smell too strong. I left the container open overnight for 3 straight days in an attempt get rid of the smell but it just clings on to the product. This is nice to have but definitely not a must have. I will stick to my RCMA No Color Powder because the bottle packs 3 oz of product which will probably last me a couple of years.

on 8/31/2016 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This powder has been around forever and there is a reason for that!!! Never tried it in the past, thinking it would make my skin feel dry. I'm a combo, with oily T-zone, made worse by the New Orleans summer heat and humidity. Well I bought this powder in Honey Beige, since the Translucent wasn't available. Wowza!!! I am using Avon Anew 2 in 1 compact foundation, which is also prone to problems with the heat and humidity. Today I used the Anew day cream, the Anew foundation and pressed on the Coty powder, then buffed with a rounded kabuki (ELF). My makeup hasn't looked this good or natural since I don't know when.

Will post again later in the day as to how it holds up in the heat and humidity. I must say that my skin doesn't feel dry or tight at all. Thanks for reading.

UPDATE: 12 hours after applying foundation and Coty I had very minimal shine on my forehead. This I can live with!!! I'm gonna love this oldie but goodie!!!

To Read all 101 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/11/2016 7:37:00 PM

This is one of the few loose powders I own and I have the translucent powder. Not translucent extra coverage.
Yes the scent is strong but I like it as it remind me of old time makeup, vintage like stuff. And it does have a nice finish to it. It's a lot of product in the packaging so it'll last a real long time. If only there was a compact version then it'd practically be the only powder I'd buy.

Fantastic!!! Wonderful powder that makes your skin look airbrushed and keeps your makeup set all day long. I used this on all my girlfriends this past weekend for a wedding and they all loved it and couldnt believe how flawless their skin looked. Everyone is right about the scent, it defintiely smells BUT for the price and the quality of this product, I dont care. Highly recommend!!! PS. I have oily/combination skin and this keeps controls the oils for sure.

I'm not sensitive to smells at all but damn this thing smells horrible 😢!! It's not so much the scent, but rather that it's a STRONG STRONG SCENT that never ever goes away ever ever.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

HG status. Why this isn't a cult status, I'll never know. Yes, there's a bit of a scent, but the newest one I bought in the last few weeks isn't as scented as it used to be. This is great for those that are put off by the flowery scent.

What's fantastic about this product is that you don't even need liquid foundation. It provides a really good amount of coverage without having to layer it on and get that dreaded cake face.

If you do use liquid foundation under this, it will give you a beautiful airbrushed look, and won't conceal a luminous finish if that's the kind of foundation you use.

With that being said, if you notice that this is a little powdery looking, all you have to do is take a clean brush and swipe the excess off your face. Or you could use MAC fix+ spray and that will fix it too (so will putting any Micellar water in a spray bottle and using that, because it's essentially the same thing).

on 6/28/2016 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG setting powder that really works on my oily skin. Without this, i have to blot my face (esp t-zone area) for every 30 MINUTES. Yes. 30 minutes. This powder has really great oil control and it does not make me breakout. This powder keeps my skin looking nice and matte for freaking 3 hours (sometimes more). 10 stars from me

on 5/10/2016 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my first loose powder I ever use, so I can't compare it to anything. I couldn't decide whether or not I should buy this one or the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder or what ever it's called, but since the LM one is 49 dollars here in Sweden and I could get the Coty Airspun off Ebay for less than 20 I thought I'd try that first.

I don't really know why there's 2 different packagings, I got one who's like a tree box where you pull the "lid" off and poor the powder into that, but I've seen there's a plastic kind of packaging to which I will try to purchase next time. I am not the biggest fan of this packaging, it was a thin plastic top on the powder you had to puncture to get the powder out, which is kinda messy. I sometimes forget that there's powder in the lid and I put it on, which results in powder everywhere.

The product itself I'm really satisfied with though. I use it for baking under my eyes, on my jaws and a bit on my nose. Then I apply it all over my face, and I think it looks great. Some days it can look kinda dry under the eyes, but that's when I've been wearing it for a longer time. I feel like it's starting to look a bit worse under my eyes after about 7 hours, but it doesn't look horrible or anything. I don't have a problem with being shiny, but I feel like this would mattify any oily face very well. One complain I have is the smell.... It smells really strong and like an old lady, I think I'll go for the fragrance free next time ;)

on 4/8/2016 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE THIS!!! Before this I used ELF HD loose powder which was ok, then bought Laura Mercier ($22 for a travel size) and then this for $6 at Kmart and actually prefer this to the LM one. I actually love the smell and the package doesn't bother me. I just keep the puff in there to control it from getting everywhere and then pour a little in the cap when I use. The translucent extra coverage has a slight beige color to it, which is fine with me because that's my foundation color and it doesn't seem to alter anything but I do put this on my foundation before I highlight and contour. I really feel like it gives me a nice matte airbrushed finish to my face and sets my makeup nicely. Love to apply with either damp BB or damp RT sponge. Will definitely repurchase and for $6 it's at least worth a try.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

- oil control
- lots of product

- scent
- can be drying
- looks powdery

COMMENTS: I find this can be drying, so it's best used with a more hydrating base. I can't stand the scent, so it makes it harder to bake with because I just end up inhaling so much of it. I prefer my colorless Ben Nye and RCMA powders, as they look more natural and don't look like powder at all.

Will not repurchase.