Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage
airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverageCoty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverageairspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

4.4

on 11/20/2016 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you watch day time tv ever, you've probably seen the lawyer commercials encouraging you to call them if you or a loved one was diagnosed or died of ovarian cancer after using talc/talcum powder. There have been some recent studies indicating talc increases the chance of ovarian cancer, which is usually fatal by the time it's diagnosed, and 2-3 large jury verdicts in court (which as sure to be substantially reduced on appeal). Talc is found in a good few face powders too, esp old ones.

You don't apply talc directly to your ovaries to increase your risk/development of ovarian cancer: you just put it on your skin, which is the largest organ of your body. Think of it as laying in a cancer bed or out in the sun. It's an unnecessary, ridiculous risk, it's totally avoidable, and you can do without a form of cancer that often isn't caught until it's affected other organs, causing another cancer that's readily noticeable.

Talc is the primary ingredient in this great grandma powder. I'm 45, and this was some stuff one or two of my GREAT grandmas had on hand. It still smells like it's been sitting in on a vanity for 125 years, just like it did back in 1976. It's cool that it carried a color called Rachel (a fair that shows up almost white), but it's crap.

I'm not joking about that. If you're still using this stuff, you need to stop immediately & check labels for being talc-free--ovarian cancer is esp ugly & can strike YOUNG (I had a cousin who died from it at 32). Everything new on the market, and there's plenty for the same price, have beautiful finishes & don't get thick on the skin like Coty's Airspun does. It has so much dry white talc, it delivers a visible layer right out the gate & pulls way ahead with additional layers. It has to have other tinted pigments to tame the talc! And sure it has some absorbency, but think about putting a lot of body powder in your shoes & wearing them barefoot after a work out: the excess powder clumps up/looks clumpy. I would venture to say it the absolute bottom of the market in performance.

Please don't buy this. It smells 125 years old, everybody can see you're wearing powder that's too light b/c how much white talc is in it, & talc, the primary ingredient, is known carcinogen for a cancer that usually isn't caught until it's a very high death risk (as is SKIN CANCER, mademoiselles). Throw it away and enjoy the pursuit of so many delightful powders out there that deliver angelic finishes while doing what else you want it to.

I'm not sensitive to smells at all, but damn this thing smells horrible 😢!! It's not so much the scent, but rather that it's a STRONG STRONG SCENT that never ever goes away ever ever.

on 1/20/2016 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I learnt about the Airspun powder on YouTube and it sounded like an awesome product unfortunately on my Pakistani complexion it didn't work. I tried it on over my Estée Lauder double wear foundation and I ended up looking like a yellow caked mess it was horrible. I didn't use a lot of powder but it went on yellow!!! I was so disappointed it was untrue. I bought the translucent extra coverage powder maybe I should of stuck to just translucent option. Suffice to say my tub of powder now sits unused on my dresser maybe I can pass it on to one of my fairere skinned friends because if your of Asian or black ethnicity I don't think it's designed for you. As a powder it works brilliantly and stays on all day it's just the shade that's the problem. Would recommend to all fair skinned ladies. Enjoy

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

YUCK!!!!
There wasn't a single thing that I like about this product, the smell is horrible, it sat on top of my skin and it left a sort of film on top of my skin. Therefore I will NEVER try this powder again, I'll save my money for a better product like EL loose powder, even if is more expensive than this powder, I will consider it an investment.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I decided to buy this product after reading all of its good reviews. After one use, I want to throw it away. First of all it smells like an old lady. Secondly, the powder just looks horrible. It doesn't blend into the foundation and just looks like a bunch of powder sitting on top of your face. I even tried to help the powder settle with a setting spray, with no such luck. It's just a horrible horrible product. I guess you get what you pay for.

on 12/1/2008 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I believe I tried this face powder when I was a teenager. My best friend's mom had a container in their bathroom & we would dab a little on thinking it did something to our skin that somehow made us more attractive, more mature, more "grown-up". But at that time, our pores were invisible, we could literally wake-up and walk outside in broad daylight AKA being 15 with flawless complexions so makeup was not necessary! Now, fast forward 15 years or so & it's a different situation altogether. I read some decent reviews on my beloved MUA so I thought, why not try this classic again. Boy was I wrong! This stuff broke me out almost instantly & made my skin ITCH like the dickens! I have a full container left & speaking of containers.... would COTY please update this old fashioned paper box - tres fugly! I won't be purchasing this again & I'm tossing the remainder - the overwhelming fragrance alone is a big turn-off..

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- oil control
- lots of product

CONS

- scent
- can be drying
- looks powdery

COMMENTS: I find this can be drying, so it's best used with a more hydrating base. I can't stand the scent, so it makes it harder to bake with because I just end up inhaling so much of it. I prefer my colorless Ben Nye and RCMA powders, as they look more natural and don't look like powder at all.

Will not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I was so exciting to try this after reading good reviews. when i applied it, i loved the smell, the way it went on, the way it felt and made my skin look so flawless over my foundation. but about a half hour later, it sunk into my pores and started to sorta fade away and just my face look so cakey and nasty. i took my makeup off and redid it, thinking maybe my new concealer was the problem. but nope, it was the powder. so disappointed. i wanted to love it so much. it's obvisous it works for a lot of people, but it doesn't for me.

on 11/25/2012 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

You get what you pay for. I hate the packaging it's extremely messy. I am oily and this does not help. It also offers very little coverage. Since the price was cheap I thought I would try it.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

First off this stung my skin when I put it on. I'm not sure if it is the fragrance or some other ingredient but it was like the first tingles of glycolic acid or something. DNW

Second of all, it left an ashy cast. I am a NC45/50 and I wanted a translucent powder to set and finish my makeup. This was visible when I brushed it off. It may be a technique issue but I also purchased the L'Oreal translucent powder and didn't have the same issue.