Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder
Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Coty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

4.4

on 1/8/2016 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't think I will EVER use another facial powder again! I've used many different brands (usually pressed powder, though) and never seem to get the right coverage and sometimes not at all the right shade (especially if it oxidizes.) A few weeks ago I learned about "baking" and this powder was recommended. With the great reviews on this site I decided it was worth a shot and I am SSOOO glad I bought it! I thought I'd have trouble finding it, but my Walmart carries it for $6. I transferred some of the powder out of the big container and put it in a smaller plastic one for easier use--I traveled on an airplane with it like that and it transported beautifully without any problems as a carry-on. I use the Real Techniques Expert Face brush to apply it (see step #7 below for specifics on my use of this powder.) This does have a light scent (reminds me of a grandmother--baby powder-ish maybe?) but I like it--especially now that I associate it with looking good.

This is my new daily regime with the "baking" that I LOVE SO MUCH!!!
(1) Cleanse my face with Equate Cetaphil or Equate Noxema--they both work well enough...making sure to clean under my eyes with the cleanser on a Q-tip to get any mascara that didn't come off the night before and smeared while I was sleeping.

(2) Douse a gauze square with rubbing alcohol and run it on my face like a toner--it isn't too drying for me yet and is the only thing that keeps my forehead clear now that I'm off birth control pills. I poured my rubbing alcohol into a pump bottle for more convenience.

(3) After letting the alcohol dry (less than a minute...generally by the time I throw the gauze away) I GENTLY smear/pat Equate Aveeno on my face--it sinks in quickly and the patting keeps me from "exfoliating" when I don't want to (a new trick for me that I think helps a lot because I used to do a LOT of rubbing--lotion, foundation, cover-up--and I was exfoliating, making my face rough without realizing it, and then wondered why my face never looked smooth.)

(4) Wait until the lotion sinks in (a minute or two so I brush my teeth during this time) then gently smear/pat primer. I use either Hard Candy Sheer Envy Illuminating Primer or Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer which are about the same price and work equally well (the Hard Candy is more like a spreadable gel and the Rimmel more like a lotion.)

(5) Let the primer sit a minute or two while I choose my clothes for the day, then use a make-up wedge from the dollar tree to pat my Boots #7 Lift & Luminate Foundation in Cool Ivory on my face (takes longer than with my fingers and uses more but gives much better coverage.)

(6) I streak some yellow stick concealer (like a lipstick but not sure what brand it is) under my eyes and almost to my hairline curving up and pat it in with the same make-up wedge.

(7) I use Real Techniques Expert Face brush with Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder by dipping the brush into the facial powder, tapping off just some of the excess, tapping the powder on my face so I can see that there's too much on there (making sure I cover my whole face like that) then leave it for 10 minutes while I actually put my clothes on (leaving it like that is called "baking"--a new discovery for me.) I also put on my mascara and any eye shadow if I use it that day while the powder is sitting…or do my hair, but not my bangs since they go over my forehead.

(8) After 10 minutes or so, I use this same brush to "flick" the excess powder off my face, use another brush to add my blush, spray my face with Hard Candy Fast & Fabulous Setting Spray, then do my hair and hit the door.

It takes me longer to get ready now (about 20 minutes for my face, brushing teeth and getting dressed) but I actually HAVE make-up on my face to clean off at the end of the day now. In fact, I've had to start using Extra Virgin Olive Oil to get my make-up off at night because neither the Cetaphil nor Noxema was cutting it. So I put some EVOO in an empty honey container (the cute bear with the small hole in the top) and I pour some on my fingers, smear it around on my face, wipe my face with a wet wipe (which I keep in every bathroom for hygiene, cleaning sinks and toilets, and a ton of other uses), then smear my Cetaphil or Noxema and rinse that off--followed by my gauze of rubbing alcohol which I also use on my neck/chest/back of my neck. I finish up with some Aveeno lotion and climb into bed. My zits are MUCH less frequent with the rubbing alcohol (they WERE constant since getting of the pill) and they disappear so much faster now! In fact, they rarely come to a head at all anymore before retreating.

Here's a link to the "baking" that revolutionized my make-up routine. I kept searching for a primer or a foundation or a powder that would last all day, but apparently I just needed to change up my routine. Why didn't someone tell me sooner?! :)

This one helped me, too….

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I love this powder, the price is great and it works! I was using Estée Lauder double wear loose powder and it felt heavy, so I decided to try this Coty brand. I had used it years ago and now I remember why, it's a great product for the price. I filled up my Estée Lauder container and stored away the rest for future use. It works great for my normal skin type and it has a very pleasant smell. I like the way my face looks and it lasts all day. I wear it over all my makeup from my foundation to my BB creams.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My HG powder baby!...Oh how I love thee...I really hope they continue to always have this product and never change it, it stays on all day helps with my extremely oily skin blurs pores, nice finish I have this in translucent and suntan, I absolutley love both, suntan is a gorgeous natural light tan, looks like skin, not orange like most powder. Just amazing, you get sooooo much product for a great price. Found mine at Kmart, I'm returning my Mac blot powder because why pay 30 when I can pay 7 for the same thing...can't live with out it. Smell yes is old ladyish but goes away, still worth every penny.

on 2/24/2017 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Background: I've extremely oily skin on my t-zone with mix dry patches, and a couple of hormonal blemishes from time to time and rosacea.

Prons:
- It's mildly little weight. I'm curious to try to original formula, maybe it would be even more light weight. But for a colour powder I'm happy. It doesn't fell heavy like many powders do. I even put the powder on my under eye and sometimes I bake with it
- Beautiful shade - I'm a very pale person, I struggle a lot to find a powder that doesn't add any orange, pink or yellow to my skin and this is just perfect. I even bake on my under eye and it looks so on point
- it settles all of my face perfectly
- It isn't drying - I'm very oily, but under my eyes it's really easy to make a powder look really drying and this one it's the best one that I've tried so far. It doesn't completely prevents creasing, but it does it's job.

Cons:
- Scent - If I want my face to smell like perfume I would put it after. This is so annoying! After 2 hours I can still smell it
- It doesn't do an extra job controlling oils. This isn't even a really a con for me, because the powder doesn't claim to do so. The powder does help with oils, because it's a powder! But I don't stay matte longer because of it. I don't mind really. I think the foundation should do the main job in that department.

Recommendations: Everybody could use, depending on your shade.

on 4/17/2018 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! HG status for sure. I have repurchased this at least 10 times. It is easy to purchase, can be found on Amazon for Canadians and pretty much any drug store in US. Cheap for A LOT of product. The downside is the packaging, however, the puff is a great addition. Extra coverage is my go-to. Keeps me HELLA matte all summer which is a necessity. Every oily skin gal needs this!

on 8/10/2014 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I adore. I had a great aunt in the 70's who had this on her dresser. I really bought it wanting to display. It was not very expensive. I did before buy a high quality powder brush so this was meant to be. They have changed the packaging it's much better. It's not paper it's plastic.
I am so glad Coty has continued to make this. There are a lot of choices. I endorse this product. :-)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like this stuff and it is now HG status for me. I use it alone or over foundation. It helps my make up stay all day, I never have a problem with my make up wearing off. Sets foundation perfectly and when I wear it alone it looks very natural. Light weight, this is the perfect stuff for me.
Please see my complete review of this product under its Coty Airspun Loose Powder to get all the info I have on this product, this is the shade I buy, but the full review is under the general name.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Stunning! And I LIVE for the scent!!! 💋💋

It looks and feels nice on the skin.Very good for setting a foundation
feels light.I use the fair or translucent shade
Super decent price I pay 5 US dollars

on 8/14/2010 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i am sooooo oily and this is GREAT for oily girls like me! this is the only powder that has kept me oil free for at least 4 hours before needing to blot. many times, I am actually able to go 5 hours sometimes without needing to blot my face. WOWW! i was using makeup forever powder mattifying but that would only last for 2 or 3 hours before needing to blot. also, when the oil does shine through, its not a full on oil fest, but more of a slow emerging oil leak on ur face (great comparison, yeah?). downside is that i think it may have caused some extra pimples, but could have just been coincidence. overall, great product.