Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage
airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverageCoty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverageairspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

4.4

on 12/1/2008 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I believe I tried this face powder when I was a teenager. My best friend's mom had a container in their bathroom & we would dab a little on thinking it did something to our skin that somehow made us more attractive, more mature, more "grown-up". But at that time, our pores were invisible, we could literally wake-up and walk outside in broad daylight AKA being 15 with flawless complexions so makeup was not necessary! Now, fast forward 15 years or so & it's a different situation altogether. I read some decent reviews on my beloved MUA so I thought, why not try this classic again. Boy was I wrong! This stuff broke me out almost instantly & made my skin ITCH like the dickens! I have a full container left & speaking of containers.... would COTY please update this old fashioned paper box - tres fugly! I won't be purchasing this again & I'm tossing the remainder - the overwhelming fragrance alone is a big turn-off..

on 1/16/2009 1:34:00 PM

Was desperately in need of powder and went for a quick fix....forgot how much I love this stuff! Makes me look airbrushed! Yes, the packaging can be a pain but I made it easier by punching holes in the plastic overlay with a nail. It's kind of a makeshift sifter. I personally love the scent as well.

on 8/12/2009 5:17:00 PM

This is my HG POWDER. Whatever my make up routine is I always include this powder. I was only able to find translucent and translucent extra coverage but they seem to work just fine for my skin tone. Pores appear smoother and smaller and last up to 8 hrs b4 I have to re apply. Makes a great finishing powder. I've tried BE mineral veil and it sucks....the only thing i use as a powder besides Airspun is E.L.F's Mineral Booster which is spectacular....mix em both together and u got gold.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I'm not sure if the one I have is extra coverage.. but it's in the orange case and isn't the fragrance free one. I think the packaging is cute & vintage. Poked holes in it myself because if I ripped out the plastic covering entirely, it would be a MESS. Doesn't look completely translucent to me, slightly with a pink/peachy tint, but so light you can't tell at all, so I guess you could say it has a translucent finish. Just your basic setting powder. Works well for that.

on 1/8/2010 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

HAS THIS BEEN DISCONTINUED??? :( I cannot find this AT ALL at Walmart OR Walgreens, and I been buying this for YEARS!!

I gave it 4 for packaging, only because it can get really messy..but because you get a LOT..it's worth it..keeps shine away for HOURS and goes with ANY foundation, or creme!!

I usually wear it with Estee Lauder Double wear..and FANTASTIC..

please, please, don't tell me this has been discontiued tho..such a shame if it was...:( I really need to buy some and I can't find it..guess I'll have to order some on ebay..lol

Love it..cute, old fasioned, and very nice coverage. :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

My grandmother used this in her makeup wearing years--but I didn't know that when I bought my first box. I used it in my very early 20s, then switched to Elizabeth Arden, then went to Bonne Bell, then New York Color, now I'm back to Coty. It does not break me out, and it does not turn orange, which is about all I ask. :-)

I have tried both the translucent & the translucent extra coverage. I really wanted to like this because of the high reviews & how cheap this is ($7 for 2.3oz).

Pros:
-Keeps foundation on all day
-finish is wonderful & doesn't cake
-wonderful coverage (tried the extra coverage alone and would make a great powder foundation except the reasons below)

Cons:
-packaging (it gets all over the place EASILY)
-color selection; this is my biggest complaint. There needs to be something in there for the olive and neutral skinned women because this comes in only pink/orange.

Coty: If you read this at all you need to put this in a compact (a.k.a pressed powder) AND make a larger shade selection. If you did these two things then women everywhere would probably use this as their holy grail powder.

on 5/10/2010 3:26:00 AM

So, I've been eyeing this product for nearly 2 years because of the raves on here....yet everytime i wandered over to the section of Walgreens I would just pick it up and put it right back down...mostly because of the strong fragrance. I recall hearing there was a unscented one but I've never seen it. Finally after finishing my last translucent powder...I picked it up. I have been using it for 2 months now and I seriously want to stock up because I don't want to be without it...It totally smooths out my face without being cakey. I have dry sensitive skin and this does not irritate or accentuate dryness. I am actually starting to get used to smell to the point that I think I actually LIKE it....

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This a must have! I don't even remember what I did before I found this other than run around with a shiny nose! They have recently changed the packaging, it now comes in a hard plastic compact as opposed to the cardboard and now has pre-punched holes so there is no making pinholes in the plastic. I have had many people comment that this combined with Revlon Colorstay gives excellent coverage and still looks natural. You have to give it a try!

on 8/14/2010 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i am sooooo oily and this is GREAT for oily girls like me! this is the only powder that has kept me oil free for at least 4 hours before needing to blot. many times, I am actually able to go 5 hours sometimes without needing to blot my face. WOWW! i was using makeup forever powder mattifying but that would only last for 2 or 3 hours before needing to blot. also, when the oil does shine through, its not a full on oil fest, but more of a slow emerging oil leak on ur face (great comparison, yeah?). downside is that i think it may have caused some extra pimples, but could have just been coincidence. overall, great product.