Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

Filtered by age: 44-55
Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage
airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverageCoty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverageairspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

4.3

Edit: The translucent is where it's at. The extra coverage is too orange for me these days. I'll try mixing with the translucent to use it up. The original is the best there is.

OP: I'm 49 and have used this for years. Decades. It's never the wrong shade and sets beautifully. I've used both formulas and like both equally. There isn't a tremendous difference between the two, it's very subtle. Less than $10, so if you're paying more, stop. It will last forever. I wear it daily and maybe use one a year. And the people trying to scare with the talc...chill. please. This product has been around for generations without issue. Don't inhale or snort it and you're good to go. I apply with the puff, my own puff, or a brush, but prefer the puffs overall. It really covers well this way and doesn't smudge your foundation. Brush away the excess. A little goes a long way here too. It is hard to find but when I'm running low I can usually find it at Walgreens for less than $8. Scent doesn't linger. Now my 15 year old uses it too. Love this.

on 11/20/2016 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you watch day time tv ever, you've probably seen the lawyer commercials encouraging you to call them if you or a loved one was diagnosed or died of ovarian cancer after using talc/talcum powder. There have been some recent studies indicating talc increases the chance of ovarian cancer, which is usually fatal by the time it's diagnosed, and 2-3 large jury verdicts in court (which as sure to be substantially reduced on appeal). Talc is found in a good few face powders too, esp old ones.

You don't apply talc directly to your ovaries to increase your risk/development of ovarian cancer: you just put it on your skin, which is the largest organ of your body. Think of it as laying in a cancer bed or out in the sun. It's an unnecessary, ridiculous risk, it's totally avoidable, and you can do without a form of cancer that often isn't caught until it's affected other organs, causing another cancer that's readily noticeable.

Talc is the primary ingredient in this great grandma powder. I'm 45, and this was some stuff one or two of my GREAT grandmas had on hand. It still smells like it's been sitting in on a vanity for 125 years, just like it did back in 1976. It's cool that it carried a color called Rachel (a fair that shows up almost white), but it's crap.

I'm not joking about that. If you're still using this stuff, you need to stop immediately & check labels for being talc-free--ovarian cancer is esp ugly & can strike YOUNG (I had a cousin who died from it at 32). Everything new on the market, and there's plenty for the same price, have beautiful finishes & don't get thick on the skin like Coty's Airspun does. It has so much dry white talc, it delivers a visible layer right out the gate & pulls way ahead with additional layers. It has to have other tinted pigments to tame the talc! And sure it has some absorbency, but think about putting a lot of body powder in your shoes & wearing them barefoot after a work out: the excess powder clumps up/looks clumpy. I would venture to say it the absolute bottom of the market in performance.

Please don't buy this. It smells 125 years old, everybody can see you're wearing powder that's too light b/c how much white talc is in it, & talc, the primary ingredient, is known carcinogen for a cancer that usually isn't caught until it's a very high death risk (as is SKIN CANCER, mademoiselles). Throw it away and enjoy the pursuit of so many delightful powders out there that deliver angelic finishes while doing what else you want it to.

on 7/15/2015 11:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

works, that's all I ask

on 8/10/2014 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I adore. I had a great aunt in the 70's who had this on her dresser. I really bought it wanting to display. It was not very expensive. I did before buy a high quality powder brush so this was meant to be. They have changed the packaging it's much better. It's not paper it's plastic.
I am so glad Coty has continued to make this. There are a lot of choices. I endorse this product. :-)

I've been using coty airspun since the 70's. I have tried lots of other powders but nothing compared to this. It's the best. I tried the regular translucent over the Loreal mineral powder foundation recently and it looked much better. It gave more coverage and toned down the shine.

I shake the powder onto a big lid dip the puff in, smooth the powder over the puff with my index finger and apply. After it sets it does not look too powdery and really helps to keep foundarions look better and last longer.

on 10/14/2011 10:33:00 PM

Love this! I don't like wearing heavy makeup and the older I get, less is more. I use it over Neutrogena Healhty Skin Enhancer tinted moisturizer and have a beautiful end result that lasts most of the day. Feel like I'm not wearing makeup, I look natural but polished.

on 9/27/2010 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Well, thanks to MUA, I tried this powder. Saw it at Walmart for $5.67 and figured, what the heck let me try it for the inexpensive price.
The package has been changed, and actually, it works out quite well. As the packaging is big, there is plenty of room to swirl your huge powder brush and have room for the fallout.
The scent, well...it is rather old-ladyish, (oh no..I AM an old lady--LOL)
but it dissapates after a bit.
Coverage is spot on. I actually did an experiment--I had an old bare minerals veil lying about and did half of my face with Bare and half with the Coty. I liked the Coty better. So, I'm now using the Coty for everyday and using my CoverFX powder for special occasions.
I will say that you need to use a very light touch with this stuff, but--hey, it works. My face doesn't feel dry and powdery--it doesn't look dry and powdery and it sets my make-up just lovely!

on 8/21/2010 10:25:00 PM

I LOVE THIS! Yes, it's a) old- fashioned, b) smells like old-lady perfume, c) has cumbersome packaging, d) and it's not very transportable. What I do is initially poke several small holes in the plastic covering over the powder. put the lid back on, shake, and remove the lid. Then I swirl in a big puffy brush and brush it all over my face. The translucent does have a faint pinkish tint, but isn't noticeable (on me), and the result is pretty much flawless coverage of shine.