Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

Filtered by age: 36-43
Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage
airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverageCoty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverageairspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

4.2

on 10/27/2016 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This powder is amazing!! It has a great finish, provides extra coverage and best of all keeps my oily skin shine free for at least 10 hours which is incredible!! Love it and will continue to repurchase.

I'm not sensitive to smells at all, but damn this thing smells horrible 😢!! It's not so much the scent, but rather that it's a STRONG STRONG SCENT that never ever goes away ever ever.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I think every woman including my mother had this powder in the 80s. I remember seeing the large container everywhere. I'm surprised I never bought this until now. I never see it in stores because its not sold near the makeup! Why do they sell this in the nail department? I found it at Walmart near the Sally Hansen display. Don't blink because you will miss it. I guess Coty only sells this powder and that is it. There was a tiny display of four random powders on the ground level shelf. The price was only $6 for such a large container. I picked up the shade Translucent Extra Coverage. This is the BEST powder for my very oily skin. In fact, maybe too good! This powder is ultra matte coverage. I do not have oil show through ever when I wear this and no powder ever has given me full shine free coverage all day long. I can't get over the performance of this powder. My skin tends to get so oily that I usually use a powder foundation and top it off with a setting powder. All of my other setting powders leave me oily at about noon time and I need to reapply. When I apply Coty over my powder foundation, I stay shine free all day without needing to touch up. I tested this with a liquid foundation as well. Now with liquids, I get pretty shiny almost immediately, about two hours after initial application so I always need to carry a setting powder with me to blot during the day. I set my liquid foundation with Coty and I stayed matte for the entire night I was out (about 8 hours) without needing to blot! For the record, this is the very first time ever that I didn't need to blot throughout the night after setting a liquid foundation. This is winter so I'm hoping this powder will perform just as well during the summer. I would love for Coty to come out with a compact form to be able to carry on the go.

Overall: A+ Performance
Sensitivities: 0 (no rashes, breakouts or itchiness)
Cost: Affordable @ under six bucks
Texture & Finish: Very finely milled with a high end luxurious feel. Matte finish without the white cast.

on 1/20/2016 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I learnt about the Airspun powder on YouTube and it sounded like an awesome product unfortunately on my Pakistani complexion it didn't work. I tried it on over my Estée Lauder double wear foundation and I ended up looking like a yellow caked mess it was horrible. I didn't use a lot of powder but it went on yellow!!! I was so disappointed it was untrue. I bought the translucent extra coverage powder maybe I should of stuck to just translucent option. Suffice to say my tub of powder now sits unused on my dresser maybe I can pass it on to one of my fairere skinned friends because if your of Asian or black ethnicity I don't think it's designed for you. As a powder it works brilliantly and stays on all day it's just the shade that's the problem. Would recommend to all fair skinned ladies. Enjoy

on 1/8/2016 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't think I will EVER use another facial powder again! I've used many different brands (usually pressed powder, though) and never seem to get the right coverage and sometimes not at all the right shade (especially if it oxidizes.) A few weeks ago I learned about "baking" and this powder was recommended. With the great reviews on this site I decided it was worth a shot and I am SSOOO glad I bought it! I thought I'd have trouble finding it, but my Walmart carries it for $6. I transferred some of the powder out of the big container and put it in a smaller plastic one for easier use--I traveled on an airplane with it like that and it transported beautifully without any problems as a carry-on. I use the Real Techniques Expert Face brush to apply it (see step #7 below for specifics on my use of this powder.) This does have a light scent (reminds me of a grandmother--baby powder-ish maybe?) but I like it--especially now that I associate it with looking good.

This is my new daily regime with the "baking" that I LOVE SO MUCH!!!
(1) Cleanse my face with Equate Cetaphil or Equate Noxema--they both work well enough...making sure to clean under my eyes with the cleanser on a Q-tip to get any mascara that didn't come off the night before and smeared while I was sleeping.

(2) Douse a gauze square with rubbing alcohol and run it on my face like a toner--it isn't too drying for me yet and is the only thing that keeps my forehead clear now that I'm off birth control pills. I poured my rubbing alcohol into a pump bottle for more convenience.

(3) After letting the alcohol dry (less than a minute...generally by the time I throw the gauze away) I GENTLY smear/pat Equate Aveeno on my face--it sinks in quickly and the patting keeps me from "exfoliating" when I don't want to (a new trick for me that I think helps a lot because I used to do a LOT of rubbing--lotion, foundation, cover-up--and I was exfoliating, making my face rough without realizing it, and then wondered why my face never looked smooth.)

(4) Wait until the lotion sinks in (a minute or two so I brush my teeth during this time) then gently smear/pat primer. I use either Hard Candy Sheer Envy Illuminating Primer or Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer which are about the same price and work equally well (the Hard Candy is more like a spreadable gel and the Rimmel more like a lotion.)

(5) Let the primer sit a minute or two while I choose my clothes for the day, then use a make-up wedge from the dollar tree to pat my Boots #7 Lift & Luminate Foundation in Cool Ivory on my face (takes longer than with my fingers and uses more but gives much better coverage.)

(6) I streak some yellow stick concealer (like a lipstick but not sure what brand it is) under my eyes and almost to my hairline curving up and pat it in with the same make-up wedge.

(7) I use Real Techniques Expert Face brush with Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder by dipping the brush into the facial powder, tapping off just some of the excess, tapping the powder on my face so I can see that there's too much on there (making sure I cover my whole face like that) then leave it for 10 minutes while I actually put my clothes on (leaving it like that is called "baking"--a new discovery for me.) I also put on my mascara and any eye shadow if I use it that day while the powder is sitting…or do my hair, but not my bangs since they go over my forehead.

(8) After 10 minutes or so, I use this same brush to "flick" the excess powder off my face, use another brush to add my blush, spray my face with Hard Candy Fast & Fabulous Setting Spray, then do my hair and hit the door.

It takes me longer to get ready now (about 20 minutes for my face, brushing teeth and getting dressed) but I actually HAVE make-up on my face to clean off at the end of the day now. In fact, I've had to start using Extra Virgin Olive Oil to get my make-up off at night because neither the Cetaphil nor Noxema was cutting it. So I put some EVOO in an empty honey container (the cute bear with the small hole in the top) and I pour some on my fingers, smear it around on my face, wipe my face with a wet wipe (which I keep in every bathroom for hygiene, cleaning sinks and toilets, and a ton of other uses), then smear my Cetaphil or Noxema and rinse that off--followed by my gauze of rubbing alcohol which I also use on my neck/chest/back of my neck. I finish up with some Aveeno lotion and climb into bed. My zits are MUCH less frequent with the rubbing alcohol (they WERE constant since getting of the pill) and they disappear so much faster now! In fact, they rarely come to a head at all anymore before retreating.

Here's a link to the "baking" that revolutionized my make-up routine. I kept searching for a primer or a foundation or a powder that would last all day, but apparently I just needed to change up my routine. Why didn't someone tell me sooner?! :)

This one helped me, too….

This powder works great and is cheap and it comes in a cool looking container. I recommend it.

on 5/22/2015 7:29:00 AM

Love the smell if we're into retro fashion, great set leaves skin feeling soft and flawless a little goes a long way.one of my top faves for powder makeup. With a great price too.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

YUCK!!!!
There wasn't a single thing that I like about this product, the smell is horrible, it sat on top of my skin and it left a sort of film on top of my skin. Therefore I will NEVER try this powder again, I'll save my money for a better product like EL loose powder, even if is more expensive than this powder, I will consider it an investment.

on 8/11/2014 10:32:00 AM

I decided to give this a try after reading other reviews here on MakeupAlley. The unscented formula was not offered in my local Walgreens so I hesitantly picked up the scented one. I have to say, I think the scent is pleasant and it is not overpowering at all. It's definitely a floral based scent that's very feminine and almost glam-vintage.

I have been using this powder with a brush to set my undereye concealer and it does a great job. As well I use the powder puff to set my foundation primarily in the t-zone area (I actually use the Boots No. 7 Tinted Moisturizer for a light foundation) This gives me a fantastic balance and shine control with a flawless finish and I'll definitely be keeping it in my morning regime.

I really like that they updated the case to plastic. I've had other translucent powders in cardboard and have experienced some mishaps, lol. The plastic feels like it will withstand a lot more handling. And at a cost of $7-$8 bucks it's a steal.

on 3/22/2014 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is a true drugstore gem. I'm so sorry I waited so very long to try it. I'm NC50 and while it shows lighter on me (despite being translucent) it's nothing I can't work with. Besides that, it really controls oil well and lasts for hours. The only thing better would be a pressed powder version.