Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

Filtered by age: 25-29
Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder
Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Coty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

4.5

I took away a lippie because of the cheap packaging... BUT this powder is the best I've tried. It's 9pm and I have a completely matte face... Even after working a sweaty 8 hour shift. No joke. Huge difference from the cheap stuff I always used to use - I guess that means I can ditch the "purse powder" idea because I won't need to touch this stuff up, it lasts all day. I also noticed that my undereye area concealer did not crease at all. Incredible. It set perfectly with this powder. Poreless finish too. I wasn't sure about the scent at first, but now I love it. It's a vintage powder scent. This is definitely a holy grail face powder. I can't see myself ever using anything else now. I plan on recommending it to everyone.

I tried this at least ten times before writing this review because I wanted to like this as much as my favorite youtuber Tati Westbrook, however, my face was incredibly cakey with each application no matter how light the application. It looks great for a couple hours but falls apart and becomes a cakey mess soon after. No thank you. I will stick to CoverFx Matte powder and Makeup Forever Matte powder. Peaches Power is next on my list!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh my goodness! I had thought that I had found the perfect powder when I started using Airspun in Honey Beige, but I when I decided to try this Translucent Extra Coverage one I couldn’t believe my face: simply flawless. I had avoided trying this for years because I assumed that either the ‘extra coverage’ was either not going to be truly any more coverage or, if it was, it was going to be cakey. Nothing could be further from the truth. It performs like the other Airspun powders except it truly just has that veil of extra coverage that makes the difference. A gem for sure. Will remain a staple in my makeup routine.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this powder! The perfume smell is a little extra, but it doesn't stick around for too long. I use this powder mainly to set my undereyes, but I also use it to set my nose and chin, all spots that get a little oily throughout the day. I wouldn't recommend using this on dry spots as it tends to cling. I leave this off my cheeks and forehead, and just stick to setting spray there.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My mother and grandmother used this....so when I tried this out I was doubtful that such an ancient product would work for my oily skin...but no, this stuff is really great.

This sets my foundation, prevents oil, does not look cakey, and smooths my pores (doesn't highlight them) I've used this A LOT for the past 3 summers, and each summer I cautiously use this, thinking...will it still smooth my pores? Keep my face oil free? And it does..I'm very impressed

on 2/24/2017 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Background: I've extremely oily skin on my t-zone with mix dry patches, and a couple of hormonal blemishes from time to time and rosacea.

Prons:
- It's mildly little weight. I'm curious to try to original formula, maybe it would be even more light weight. But for a colour powder I'm happy. It doesn't fell heavy like many powders do. I even put the powder on my under eye and sometimes I bake with it
- Beautiful shade - I'm a very pale person, I struggle a lot to find a powder that doesn't add any orange, pink or yellow to my skin and this is just perfect. I even bake on my under eye and it looks so on point
- it settles all of my face perfectly
- It isn't drying - I'm very oily, but under my eyes it's really easy to make a powder look really drying and this one it's the best one that I've tried so far. It doesn't completely prevents creasing, but it does it's job.

Cons:
- Scent - If I want my face to smell like perfume I would put it after. This is so annoying! After 2 hours I can still smell it
- It doesn't do an extra job controlling oils. This isn't even a really a con for me, because the powder doesn't claim to do so. The powder does help with oils, because it's a powder! But I don't stay matte longer because of it. I don't mind really. I think the foundation should do the main job in that department.

Recommendations: Everybody could use, depending on your shade.

on 9/18/2016 2:06:00 AM

I got mine in the variant Translucent Extra Coverage. I bought this as cheaper alternative to the Ben Nye Banana and RCMA No Color Powder. Both of which I already own. I just want to test if this Coty powder lives up to the hype after I saw Patrick Starr raving about it on YouTube. This Coty Airspun has 2.3 oz of product and for the price, it's totally justifiable. Side note: I love Patrick since he's Filipino and is very talented with makeup.

The main ingredient int this powder Talc which does not surprise me since it's an inexpensive filler for makeup in powder form. The mattifying effect of this powder is mainly attributed by the talc in its ingredient. I should say this is a good alternative to other oil-control setting powders but I will not use this to blot my face since it leaves a thick beige cast on areas I blotted.

MAJOR TURN OFF: the scent of the powder! I find the smell too strong. I left the container open overnight for 3 straight days in an attempt get rid of the smell but it just clings on to the product. This is nice to have but definitely not a must have. I will stick to my RCMA No Color Powder because the bottle packs 3 oz of product which will probably last me a couple of years.

on 8/11/2016 7:37:00 PM

This is one of the few loose powders I own and I have the translucent powder. Not translucent extra coverage.
Yes the scent is strong but I like it as it remind me of old time makeup, vintage like stuff. And it does have a nice finish to it. It's a lot of product in the packaging so it'll last a real long time. If only there was a compact version then it'd practically be the only powder I'd buy.

Fantastic!!! Wonderful powder that makes your skin look airbrushed and keeps your makeup set all day long. I used this on all my girlfriends this past weekend for a wedding and they all loved it and couldnt believe how flawless their skin looked. Everyone is right about the scent, it defintiely smells BUT for the price and the quality of this product, I dont care. Highly recommend!!! PS. I have oily/combination skin and this keeps controls the oils for sure.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- oil control
- lots of product

CONS

- scent
- can be drying
- looks powdery

COMMENTS: I find this can be drying, so it's best used with a more hydrating base. I can't stand the scent, so it makes it harder to bake with because I just end up inhaling so much of it. I prefer my colorless Ben Nye and RCMA powders, as they look more natural and don't look like powder at all.

Will not repurchase.