Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

Filtered by age: 19-24
Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder
Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Coty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

4.5

I have tried both the translucent & the translucent extra coverage. I really wanted to like this because of the high reviews & how cheap this is ($7 for 2.3oz).

Pros:
-Keeps foundation on all day
-finish is wonderful & doesn't cake
-wonderful coverage (tried the extra coverage alone and would make a great powder foundation except the reasons below)

Cons:
-packaging (it gets all over the place EASILY)
-color selection; this is my biggest complaint. There needs to be something in there for the olive and neutral skinned women because this comes in only pink/orange.

Coty: If you read this at all you need to put this in a compact (a.k.a pressed powder) AND make a larger shade selection. If you did these two things then women everywhere would probably use this as their holy grail powder.

on 8/24/2010 10:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this stuff! I know this stuff has been around forever, and I have passed by it many times thinking that it's a cheap old lady's powder. But then I started seeing reviews, and hearing people praise about this. So I picked this one up awhile ago. I don't like the smell, it is very old lady like, and it doesn't really go away, you just kind of have to get used to it, but that's the only con. The packaging I have must be newer, because it's plastic, with a sifter. It's not cardboard like I've always seen. You get a lot of product for about $5. I'm so glad I got the extra coverage formula vs. the other ones, because I have reddness that needs to be covered up. I don't have to wear foundation with this! This has enough coverage to cover up any problems I have! And it looks flawless! This is also the only product that I have ever used that keeps my skin oil free the longest, maybe 4 hours before I have to blot! Love this stuff!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this stuff! I use it to set my foundation. I've been trying to find that perfect product to control my oil and give me an airbrush finish, who knew it would come so cheap? I have crazy redness and pores that I try to cover up.. I use a light layer of liquid foundation and buff it out. Then, I take a large powder brush and apply this all over... It's amazing how smooth your face feels afterwards! And it stays matte for about 3-5 hours, depending on the heat. The only bad thing about this is the packaging, I threw away the puff because I don't like using those.. The stuff gets everywhere if you're not careful, watch out! There is so much product, so spilling doesn't really matter too much. Try it out, for $5.67 you can't go wrong! Oh, and it smells like my grandma, which doesn't bother me too much. :]

This is the first item that has ever inspired me to write a review.

For me, this stuff is total HG status.
I have previously tried MUFE's Super Matte Loose Powder and Palladio Rice Powder, but this stuff blows them out of the water. MUFE's Matte Powder never gave me the truly poreless, oil free results I needed, and Palladio's Rice Powder is nice but doesn't give the same coverage that this does.

This product makes me stay matte ALL day! I applied it this morning over my Revlon ColorStay (another HG) and it is still perfect after a day of shopping. I pat it on t-zone and cheeks with some makeup puffs that I bought at Wal-Mart and then use the puff that comes with it to sort of blend everything together.

I've been using it for the last 4 or 5 days and I haven't seen any emerging breakouts, but I'll update if a crisis occurs.

I recommend 100%!

i only gave the packaging a 2 because a lot of product comes out of the holes and can be very messy if not careful. It covers really well and leaves a matte finish. The smell however reminds me of my grandmas perfume!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Best powder for oily skin hands down. Great price and last forever!. I agree I hated the old packaging, But the last 2 times I have bought it, it has been in a new hard plastic container which I love! Wonderful coverage and long lasting. It had a light scent and does not last at least to me and I have terrible migraines which I take pills for everyday and it did not give me a headache because of the smell.

on 11/16/2011 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This powder has been around for a lifetime and with just cause, its pretty amazing stuff. As like many other reviewers have mentioned it is assessable, affordable, and dam good. Works wonderfully as a setting powder or alone to mattify the face. The smell reminds me of old hollywood glamour and disapates soon after application. And not to mention one of these may last you more than 2 years because you only need the smallest amount. HG for sure.

on 6/30/2012 5:00:00 PM

I have pretty good skin other than 3/4 blemishes and acne scars. I was trying to use a mac foundation and it would only make me break out more and make my blemishes I already had look worse. After I read the good reviews about this I decided to go buy it! It was only $6 at walmart. I also purchased a concealer and I figured that those two things were all I needed. I conceal my blemishes and than put this powder all over. I am obsessed and I even love the smell! My skin looks airbrushed and flawless, I couldn't be happier! Love finding new HGs!!

on 8/12/2012 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Pros:
Good coverage
Good price
A little goes a long way
Keeps t-zone oil at bay

Cons
I hate the smell
Can look powdery and cakey if over used
Messy packaging, gets everywhere when I use it

I recently discovered this wonderful powder through youtube raves, and snatched it on sale at CVS for less than $2. It has a lot of product and has a "grandma" scent to it, but I actually don't mind it too much.

It has a slight bit of coverage, and somehow makes my pores disappear! SO flattering on my skin. It is perfect for setting my foundation. I also love how soft it is, like it just dissolves onto the surface of my skin as I set with it.

At first I thought I can't use this because after I powdered my face, my eyes stung so badly and I knew it was due to this. I just be careful now to make sure my eyes are shut tight and I use something else to set the under eye area.. But overall, this is such a beautiful loose powder, I highly recommend it!