3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

13 years ago

Such a gorgeous --- sweet, vanilla, exotic fruit fragrance. Just a little sweet cinnamon and amber to give it warmth. Although Casmir smells good anytime, it's particularly nice in summer when you want something sweet but not too much. The drydown, which appears after the juicy fruit ride is basically cinnamon and vanilla.. The nose behind this fragrance is Michel Almairac. Top notes are peach, apricot, black currant and raspberry; middle notes are mandarin orange, carnation and cinnamon; base notes are vanilla, benzoin, tonka bean and opoponax. I love that the only flower in this is carnation which is my favorite scent of a flower. It's a cuddle scent for sure that won't produce too much heat. Like many orientals and gourmands that are too strong to wear in warmer weather, Casmir is perfect. It's lovely and one of my favorite scents of all time!

About reviewer (635 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Medium

from

13 years ago

I've adored this fragrance for YEARS. It's subtle and sexy and delicious. BUT I thought it had been discontinued!!! Is it available again?

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinOily, Other

HairBrunette

13 years ago

I love this stuff. My all time favorite parfume. It's very sweet and savory smelling. Like vanilla, jasmine, honey and spice. Smells warm makes me feel like I just got a hug as soon as I spray it on after my shower every morning. The bottle is absolutely adorable too, reminds me of Princess Jasmine : ) My mom used this when I was little and so it reminds me of how pretty my mom always looks and smells. She still had a small bottle from the early 90's when she started wearing a different scent. I swiped it last year and gladly finshed it off within a month. Since then I purchased a large bottle online and I have been lucky because it's exactly the same. I haven't come accross the cheap imitation some of you have mentioned. Men love the smell and so do all my friends. I also love that it has been passed down from my memory of mom, to my son. Whenever my mom gets home from work she picks him up and says "You smell like your mommy!" and it makes me smile. Will always wear this.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone

HairBlond

EyesBlue

13 years ago

on my 3rd bottle. funny, never thought this as a vanilla scent. could never really figure out what it is. but this is the perfume i always come back to. it is even a summer fragrance to me. and yes, as according to one reporter, you get a warm and cozy feeling with it. also has a body lotion and bath gelee- but my husband got a hold of those right away...bottles stay in great shape after years- no moldy looking gold cap on top of indian temple like bottle.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair

EyesBlue

13 years ago

Let me tell you how Casmir sparkles and charms everyone around me whenever I wear her. She is pure and delicious powdery chocolate on me. She is an exotic beauty adorned with gold earrings dangling from her perfect earlobes, glistening in the sunshine through her raven hair catching the eye in the most mesmerizing of ways. She is sumptuous and creamy in the drydown and an intoxicating delight in the opening notes - only Casmir she's really not, a more fitting name should have been given her - and I have not thought of one yet either.

About reviewer (135 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive

13 years ago

Casmir was one of the first perfumes I purchased as a young woman in my mid-20s. I first caught a whiff of it in a magazine strip and have loved it ever since. Casmir (and Coco) sparked my love affair with orientals. Many people talk about the vanilla in this fragrance, but on my skin, the woods dominate. Patchouli, ylang-ylang, sandalwood and cedar are very prominent, with the vanilla adding a subtle creaminess. I don't detect much fruit in the topnotes, but maybe my bottle is getting a little old. I see no similarity at all to Vanilla Fields, which is sticky sweet. Casmir is much more elegant, and it will always be a sentimental favorite. The bottle is gorgeous!

About reviewer (167 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

2.0

13 years ago

WHERE IS THE VANILLA IN THIS?? I FOUND THIS FRAGRANCE AT MARSHALLS AND TRIED IT OUT TO BE TOTALLY DISSAPOINTED!! IT IS MORE OF A FLORAL WITH A SLIGHT VANILLA UNDERTONE. THIS SMELLS LIKE A GENERIC MASS PRODUCED MALL FRAGRANCE THAT CAN EASILY BE PASSED UP!!

About reviewer (241 reviews)

SkinCombination

from

13 years ago

i discovered this completely randomly the other day at a friends house, sniffed, and fell in love: to me it smells like sweets, without being remotely synthetic. it warms up my skin and feels like it's enveloping me: absolutely lush! just a hint of vanilla, and, remarkably, it doesn't smell cheap!

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

14 years ago

wow i just got a sample of this from a sweet swapper, and i LOVE it. it is a warm spicy vanilla, that is smells like comfort food to me. it is a little sweet but not in a cloying way. it dries down to a soft vanilla bean. very comfortable and nice. i think this will mix well with my jo malone pom noir to soften it up a bit. what a pleasant scent surprise!

About reviewer (404 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

14 years ago

My very favorite scent. I love the soft spicy vanilla. I've worn it for about 10 years and I've had some bottles I've liked more than others(? maybe batches are less fresh or something). If you like sweet spicy (not harsh I think) though, it's worth a try.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age30-35