3.9

price range

Reviews

1.0

11 years ago

I was drawn to it because I was told it was a fruity-vanilla (which I like), I'm going to blame it to my chemistry, on me, it was a masculine, overwhelmingly spicy blast that made my nose itch... good staying power though, it was really hard to get rid of the itchy smell even after a few washes! I hated it!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

11 years ago

I love this floral/oriental fragrance Its very vintage/rich sophisticated smelling

About reviewer (266 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

11 years ago

I bought this purely because I wanted a richer sweet scent. This was perfect. It reminds me of a perfume that would have been from the 40's era for some reason. It seems like a classic to me. It is very sweet and was exactly what I was wanting when looking for a frag that was sweet but not floral. It is more vanilla, amber and subtle spice. It is one of my favs.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlack

11 years ago

When I first sprayed it on I thought 'oh no, Vanilla Fields with stewed fruit' but within minutes a subtle spice came through and pulled the whole thing deliciously together. 6 hours later and I can still smell it without holding my wrist to my nose. I know it is probably supposed to be a night-time seductive scent but to me it is purely cosy and a perfectly warming antidote to the crap weather here lately. The bottle is beautiful (though a funny shape to hold while spraying) and it is great value for such a longlasting fragrance. Definitely worth a winter try.

About reviewer (251 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

11 years ago

I wore this fragrance years ago and it was love at first whiff. Then I couldn't find it anymore. I still have the big red tote bag from one of the gift sets my husband bought me. I hadn't thought about it until I saw the reviews here. It looks like you can only purchase it online now.

About reviewer (458 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

12 years ago

This is a deliciously warm fruity pineapple, coconut vanilla scent. Reminds me of Malibu. It is very similar to Coty's Vanilla Musk perfume oil but more smoother and soft. Another similar scent is Dior's Dolce Vita. If you like these fragrances then you'll like Casmir. I wish i knew about this before purchasing Dolce Vita! Update: This fragrance can be cloying as i put some on in a store and it lasted all day which is good but it started to irritate me. For this reason i should rate this as 4. I will stick to my Vanilla Musk

About reviewer (247 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

2.0

12 years ago

After a nice coconut/peach/bergamot start, it ends too oriental for me. There's nice lily of the valley and amber edges in there somewhere, but an overall impression I'm beginning to think of as the Hanae Mori* syndrom plagues this scent. (*Vanilla, sandalwood and heavy citruses...they all end up smelling the same somehow) Not different enough for me and just not my kind of thing in the end. I scrubbed, but mostly because the oriental dry down gets right up my nose and annoys me.

About reviewer (1714 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

EyesBrown

3.0

12 years ago

This was the first perfume I ever really loved. I wore if for years nothing really could compare. I just finally said I have to switch it up and get some variety, I really like Ed Hardy now and so does my husband. One thing I noticed about Casmir was sometimes it reminded me of Fruity Pebbles on me. I loved it!!!!!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairOther

3.0

12 years ago

Despite the vanilla basenote being quite prominent in this scent, the effect is not at all foody but rather much more complex in an intriguing and sensuous way. The sandalwood and patchouli in this give the fragrance lovely depth, and the intially sweet topnotes of mango, peach, and coconut give an intially fruity burst. This is a warm, sexy, inviting scent which has become one of my favourites. It smells expensive and not artificially synthetic as many vanilla perfumes can. This also mingles very well with my skin's natural scent. I would classify this as a spicy-sweet oriental that is not too overpowering and can be worn in summer and winter. The bottle is also very attractive. Must try! UPDATE/EDIT: Sadly I have felt compelled to subtract one lippie simply because this does not last well on my skin. An hour of wear at most means that I have to reapply this ca. 3x a day if I want to maintain the scent. Many fragrances don't last well on me, however, so this might not be a problem for many other wearers--try it out a few times before purchasing to see how it wears on you. It is a lovely fragrance nevertheless.

About reviewer (135 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

12 years ago

I'm quite enamored with this fragrance. Whenever I wear it, I feel beautiful and sumptuous, like a Queen of Sheba or a Princess Salome. It is like being dressed in fine silk, except that there is a distinctly youthful quality to it. I would wear it when I want to feel pretty, sensuous and adored. Lasting power is excellent

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinOily