Neutrogena MoistureShine Lipstick - Angel's Blush

No Image

3.8

on 9/7/2011 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought while on a light pink kick. Because of this one's peachy pink cast compared to some cooler frosty pinks, it survived a massive purge. I wore it while trying a blue eye shadow day, and had a very retro face, but it felt right and looked cool!

I have warm olivey-golden skin with redness. Try this if it's on sale and you want to try out a workable frosty pink from the drug store.

on 9/1/2009 2:26:00 PM

I love the packaging of this product. The clear tube is so cute. I actually really love the whole product. I found that the color doesn't show up as well without a primer. If I use a nude lipstick or spackle or any other primer, the color is so pretty. It is a nice pink, but with a little coral/ peach. I find that is is extremely moisturizing and a great everyday color. It even has SPF! I love this, if only it was a bit more affordable...

on 5/12/2009 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
Clear container is durable and cute :)
Color is a pretty coral pink
Cons:
When you apply it on your lips it dosen't feel moisturizing. It feels more grainy. If you try to apply lipgloss over it, it flakes into the gloss leaving parts with no lipstick. It is too pricey ($10) for it to not moisturize.

I was actually disapointed in this lipstick. I really wanted to love it.
I would not buy, the quality is not worth the price.

on 11/29/2008 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I tend to waffle on Neutrogena products - some of them I love, some of them leave me blotchy-skinned and itchy. This lipstick falls into the former category.

The MoistureShine lipsticks are new, and I picked up Angel's Blush, a flat pale pink with peach undertones. The color is comparable to MAC's Fanfare, but with more pink. It's absolutely gorgeous, especially with a smokey or heavily lined eye. It's pretty pigmented - a few swipes cover my medium-rosy lips. It goes on smooth and doesn't feel particularly gritty or uncomfortable, but not soft and balmy either. It has SPF 20, which I appreciate.

This lipstick is pricey for the drugstore - it cost about $10 at CVS. But I like the formula, and am curious about the other colors, so I'm willing to shell out for a few more.