4.3

price range

Reviews

1.0

a year ago

terrible product severe allergic reaction to the ingredients burning painful rash

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

4 years ago

This soap is WONDERFUL. My skin tends towards dry and itchy in the winter, and this soap is so calming. When I use this soap and follow up with my normal lotion routine, my skin retains moisture longer and is much less itchy and ezcema-prone. I stock up on it every winter so I can use it all year. Also, it is so gentle and moisturizing that I can even consider skipping lotion afterwards in the summer! This soap is a STAPLE and I have repurchased, hoarded, and protected my precious stash.

About reviewer (324 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Medium

4 years ago

Both the shower gel and soap have been my HGs for about 7 years. I stock up when they are available so I have large enough supply to last me through the year. I hope they never discontinue this line!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

4 years ago

Smells amazing. Yes I feel itchy sometimes after using it but the smell alone is worth it. I'm using the body wash version.

About reviewer (1080 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Other

5 years ago

Best dove bar ever. I do really like the pink one but the original is the only kind my husband and I can agree on so that's been the staple in my shower for years. Tried the sensitive skin one but for some reason it broke me out and made my skin itchy. WTF right???? Discovered winter care for the 1st time a week ago and will never look back. Smells great, very moisturizing and doesn't break me out. I am for sure going to stock up because I don't think I could ever go back to any other beauty bar. Ever. Leaves my skin silky smooth without any type of residue.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

HairOther

EyesOther

1.0

6 years ago

I love Dove soap in the pink bar. My fiance and I were at Sam's club, soap was on our list and since I love the pink bar so much, I decided to give the winter care a whirl... It was mid December, and I was feeling particularly dry, with all the cold weather, and heat going, I thought, what the heck... That was a egregious mistake.... This soap makes my skin ANGRY... I used it once, and my face VEHEMENTLY protested.. I was traveling, and it was during the holidays, also getting close to that time of the month, so I chalked it up to stress, and so I continued to use it.. UGH!! I do have acne prone skin, but this soap caused the breakout of my life!!!! Big, painful, cyst-like blemishes that wouldn't go away on my face, chest and neck... I felt like a leper, of the biblical kind.. It was absolutely terrible!! My son (he's 10) couldn't stop talking about it, to add insult to injury.. There should be a warning label on this stuff, for real.. I'm in recovery, thank the Lord, with my pink bar.. NEVER again, shall Dove winter care come in contact with my skin!! It smells good, though :)

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

6 years ago

I have body washes that are $14-40, so this is a bargain. Amazing results for dry skin, none of the other Dove or drugstore products for that matter come close to this. Leaves skin super soft and hydrated. The scent is clean smelling and soap-like. A pump would be nice, though. I wish Dove would start producing this throughout the year, so that it doesn't sell out so fast. It was by sheer luck that I happened to pick it up this year, otherwise I never find it anywhere.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2.0

7 years ago

Tried this last winter, but I had to toss it because it smelled so awful like someone who really needed a shower. Yuck !!!!!!!

About reviewer (92 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

3.0

7 years ago

This is a very moisturizing body wash and definitely a must try if you have dry skin. However the reason for this 3 star rating is that because it's so thick it not only doesn't lather or spread easily at all, 99% of the time it leaves a crazy white film of soap on my skin that I need to spend extra time scrubbing off. I have actually gotten out of the shower and then realized I had to get back in to make sure all the soap was off my skin. Another thing that bothers me is that with it being so thick, once you get to the bottom of the bottle you can't store it upside down because of the awkward bottle cap/top and it really sucks trying to get the really thick cream out. The actual moisturizing properties of this body wash are really really good, but I'm sticking to Olay which doesn't leave this awkward film on my skin.

About reviewer (254 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

7 years ago

i like how it smells ♥ and it gives a relaxing feeling after using it ! :) i used it as an overall bar soap and it makes my skin even more fairer as days pass by ! try it ! and see the difference .... :)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24