Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Eyebright

Filtered by hair type : Other
No Image

I've been looking for a product that will brighten and illuminate my eye area like you see on the people in magazines/tv/movies. I was skeptical about the blue tone emphasizing the dark circles but this seemed to cover it and actually do what I've been looking for! I look so well rested! The reviews on here are saying theirs dried up too quickly and I'm thinking it would help make the entire tube last longer if the product was applied onto the back of the hand and closed immediately. Then just apply the product from the hand to the eye.

on 11/29/2008 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Well, this is an interesting little product! I got a deluxe sample from Sephora and was hesitant to try it, but now I'm loving it. It's a light-blue version of LM's Eye Basics, and it's very much like UD's PP with a twist. I'm a C 30, Stila C, and I thought this would be glaringly obvious on me. It's not--if applied sparingly, blended well, and set with a bit of powder. It really does brighten the eye area, and since I have deep-set eyes and am of a certain age, this is a great thing. You can use it all the way up to the brow, or just on the lids for a little brightening. Like UD PP, you need to apply a minimal amount and blend quickly.

This product either has more coverage than UD PP or the color does some serious optical disguising, because this COMPLETELY covers the discoloration on my lids (PP doesn't) and makes me look far more awake than I normally do. And back to the deep-set eyes--I find I can wear darker shadows than I normally can over this, The brightening effect lightens the color of a sheer dusting of shadow a bit. I've also mixed this with UD PP to tone down the blueness/brightening, and it is a stellar combination. A tiny bit of this really helps PP give more coverage and you get the brightening effect but at a lower level. You just need to mix and apply quickly since both dry so fast.

If you are of a certain age, have deep-set eyes, or have a lot of lid discoloration, I highly recommend this product. If not, you probably won't like it much or find it worth the price ($24 for 0.18 oz.).