Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Eyebright

2.7

on 9/21/2012 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is what it says! You can use it as a lid primer, for the inner corners, or for a primer under the eyes. I haven't found anything like this from other brands. I will repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a blue eye primer. It comes in a tube with a sponge applicator (like a typical lip gloss).

This does do what is says it is going to do. My eye lids were bright. I just did not like the overall look once shadow was applied. A matte concealer works better for my eyes. With a concealer, you know what kind of color you will end up with. With Eyebright, it's unknown until the shadow is applied and you see the end result.

On the "bright" side, my eye makeup did not crease and color (as odd as it was) did last all day.

Not a big fan of the Eyebright.

on 4/16/2009 2:15:00 PM

Ok, I really got on a LM kick, and purchased her products exclusively. It wasn't until I started trying some other brands, that I realized how "not special" these are. She may have great colors, but some of the products way overpriced, and way over rated. I tried this as a primer, as I my eye shadow never stays in place. I have fairly oily lids, and they tend to get rather red/pink as the day goes on. Thought the blue color would counteract this. I DO NOT like this product. In fact, I think it is crap. It does not help your shadow to stay on longer, and contributes to the creasing and sliding of eyeshadow. I did not feel so strongly about this, until I tried Urban Decay's primer potion. It made a WORLD of difference. Granted one product is not for everyone, and you may find that LM works for you, however, I will not be going back to this product, ever. UD's primer is far superior for managing redness, and for staying power of eye shadow for me.