Shiseido Bio Performance Super Refining Essence

Shiseido  Bio Performance Super Refining Essence

3.7

on 9/6/2016 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I didn't realize how much I liked this product until I finished it up. It's decently moisturizing, but for me, its true value is how well it wears under makeup.

Most hydrating makeup primers will add a layer of hydration that sort of sits on top of the skin, and then evaporate quickly. Since I like to use my Estee Lauder double wear pretty much every day (to combat the 9-5 work hours), these primers leave my skin somewhat parched within half an hour. What I love about this essence is that the moisture sort of...plumps my skin so that my pores look pretty much gone after applying foundation. My foundation also won't separate on me quite as easily.

This probably won't work for every skin type, but get a sample and give it a shot.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This is my second bottle of the Essence and my skin showed improvement in the first week when I started using it. My skin feels softer and smoothier. It evens out my skins tones (some dark and red spots). After I finished the first bottle I went about a month without using any serum and still felt my skin was great. The only complaint I have is that it is hard to tell if the product is running low until it is empty. You can't see how much is left in the bottle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this product. I've been using samples for about a month and Loved the way my skin felt after the first time I applied it. Will definitely buy the full size as soon as I can afford it. Love the way my skin feels after I use it.

on 9/11/2011 6:33:00 PM

Shiseido Super Refining Essence does everything what it promises. It perceptibly promotes skins own exfoliation. The product has good moisturising and energizing qualities. When you use it to much skin can get drier because of exfoliation, but every too much exfoliation does the same and this one uses the conceivable gentlest way to exfoliate. Use a good moisturiser after applying it.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Have been using this product twice a day for just under a year and it hasn't made an ounce of a difference. A waste of money in my humble opinion. Was expecting a "clearer and more even toned" complexion as sold to me by the sales rep. I'll be trying the Clinique Even Better Skin Corrector next!

on 4/24/2011 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm not sure if this product did anything for my skin because I can't tell a difference. I didn't like its price tag that came along with it. It has a nice scent to it, absorbs pretty well and quickly into the skin but I don't think it was worth the price tag. Will not be repurchasing this one again.

on 11/2/2010 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got a full size of this product when I bought a whole lot of skincare from Shiseido. I love the Bio-Performance cream and had high hopes for this product.

The texture is very nice and smooth and absorbs well. I've used it day and night for about a month and don't see any change. On the plus side, it didn't irritate my dry, sensitive skin within seconds, like most products do. However, I have yet to see any improvements. Also, I'm not sure if it's because of the sudden fall weather, or the addition of this essence to my routine, but my skin gets tighter and drier sooner in the day, requiring me to rehydrate with moisturizer.

It may be too drying for my skin in the winter, but it should be great in the spring or summer when it's humid. The only reason why I won't buy this product again is that I just got so much of it free, it'll last me for more than a year.

This is my mom's but I use it anyway because I have SUPER dry skin. What I noticed, is that it smoothes out the texture of your skin, and minimizes pores.

Love this. Even though it's not for my age.

on 3/14/2010 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Lightweight serum that refines skins texture, helping to minimize fine lines, pores and uneven texture.

I love this is a lightweight serum, and doesnt feel heavy or sticky on the skin.

on 2/27/2010 10:51:00 AM

The texture feel nice on face and not heavy at all, the serum has a very nice package too, but the point is I didn't find any improvement on my face after using a whole bottle. I would not buy it again....