Zoya Zara

Zoya Zara
Zara

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Oh, Zara, how I love thee. This is probably the polish that got me obsessed with micro-shimmer. It has a mostly opaque lilac base with gold/bronze micro-shimmer that just glows. I usually need three coats for full coverage. This is one of my most used and most loved polishes just because it looks so flattering on my skin and because I absolutely adore that shimmer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Zara is one of the very first Zoyas that I bought. It's a very popular polish but it's just not that pretty to me. It's beautiful really close-up where you can see the detail and the subtleties of the polish, but a distance, it looks like a muddy, grey/brown purple. If you view a lot of swatches you can see how different Zara can look in different lighting. It's prettiest and most purple in super bright outdoor lighting, but in dimmer lighting, it has that grey/brown purple look.

on 10/20/2015 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Zara is an incredibly beautiful polish. It's a midtone lavender with these beautiful multicolored shimmers. The only thing preventing me from giving it a 5/5 is that it's not as opaque as I would like; it takes me 3 coats to feel satisfied with the opacity. But besides that, this is a really gorgeous polish and I love it all year round.

on 1/11/2012 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Just picked this up today I adore it. Lovely grayish purple. It's a shame that zoya isn't widely available here.
4/5 because it's so hard to find in the UK.

Love this shade. It's unique cause its a lilac with a pale yellowy flash. I have to admit I hate how Zoya names all their shades with first names, I like OPI's or Essie's marketing better when it comes to that.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I adora Zoya Zara to bits and pieces! She is a milky kind of lilac purple. Very feminine, pretty and classy. Subtle enough to sport at a summer or springtime wedding yet still calls attention on a date or at a party. I applied just 2 coats, which gave me a still semi-transparent look. I don't mind it at all though - it actually looks good that way! Zara has these awesome rainbow-colored microglitters in her that adds to the total awesome effect. All in all, she is a very girly and timeless shade that just screams "look at me and admire!" without at all being loud, bold or over-the-top. I love Zara so much.

Awesome color. Purple with gold shimmer, that really shines in the sun. Like most Zoyas, the application is smooth and easy. Opaque in 3 coats, but I like it lighter and shimmery in 2.
Great color, though it wouldn't look fab on everyone. It's a cool-ish purple, while the gold seems to make it a bit warmer. I think if I were more tan it would look a little washed out, but as is, it's very attractive.

It doesn't stain, you can brush twice at the same place and the brush doesn't take the polish with it, it doesn't thicken, easy to clean and dries fast.

The only problem I had was that I enter the pool. My polish peeled off a nail and lost shine, becoming similar to the suede finish.

This is my first Zoya product and I love the formula, it applied perfect. I love the color but not on me. I'm lightly tanned right now and this still looks washed out! I think this would look pretty on medium and dark skintones.

on 5/31/2010 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this color. It was my first Zoya, and it's one of those colors that, when I'm wearing it, I can't stop looking at my nails. The gold shimmer is very pronounced, and contrasts beautifully with the purple. Soft, and work appropriate too, but intriguing at the same time.

Popular Polishes