SuperNail Cuticle Oil

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum, Huile Minerale), Beta Carotene

on 12/13/2017 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Works a charm to soften cuticles, especially with regular use. Most importantly, this comes super-cheap, and second most importantly, it's scent-free. What's not to like? The packaging, I guess, which is far from elegant, but I have a special ceramic cuticle oil jar with a brush attached to the lid, and I just fill that jar up with this every now and then. This doesn’t come with an applicator, so you’re going to need at least an empty cuticle oil jar from a different brand anyway.

I imagine this is different for every person, because in my personal experience, everyone has a slightly different lipid profile that works for their skin (I imagine this is genetically determined). But after a brief period of having oily skin in my teens and early twenties, I've gone back to having super-dry skin that just sucks up oil indiscriminately, no matter what the type. If you find that only certain lipids tend to work for your skin, however, you may have to hunt around for one that works better. Overall, though, it's worth it to try this product out, since if it works for you, you're saving yourself a LOT of money. Especially in my experience, the best cuticle oil in the world can't beat frequent and regular application, so in this case I prefer to use a cheap product and use a lot of it.

on 11/26/2008 9:55:00 PM

I have never worn artificial nails since I am scared of ruining my natural nails. They have always been long and strong with naturally white tips, but my cuticles tend to get dry and ragged at times. The cold weather in Michigan definitely doesn't help. This softens my cuticles like magic. I usually put it on a cotton ball and hold it on my nails for a couple of minutes. The oil can also be warmed for deeper penetration. You can get 8 oz. for 3 bucks, and the bottle lasts a long time.

Popular Treatments