Clinique High Impact Lip Colour SPF 15 - Cider Berry

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

4.5

Active ingredients: octinoxate 7.5%, zinc oxide 2.1%. Other ingredients: diisopropyl dimer dilinoleate, trimethylolpropane triisostearate, petrolatum, hydrogenated polyisobutene, microcrystalline wax, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, octyldodecanol, polyethylene, lauroyl lysine, pomegranate sterols, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, coffee seed extract, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, tocopheryl acetate, ethylhexyl palmitate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, cholesterol, tribehenin, lauryl pca, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, diethylhexyl syringylidenemaloate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, sorbitan isostearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, calcium sodium borosilicate, palmitoyl oligopeptide, silica, tin oxide. May contain: mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, red 7 lake, blue 1 lake, red 22 lake, red 30 lake, carmine, red 6, yellow 6 lake, bismuth oxychloride, red 33 lake, red 28 lake.

I have recently gone back to using Clinique products and this lipstick is among those items that won me over. It has a lovely texture and is nicely pigmented. It stays on for several hours, does not feel thick and does not make my lips dry. The colour is very wearable. It is red but not too dramatic and can be easily worn during the day. If I want a subtle stain for a more natural look I gently pat it on with my finger.
I will definitely buy it again.

on 6/16/2009 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like this line of lipsticks - I am just not a big fan of this shade. I got this lipstick in AfterParty a few months ago and liked it so much I decided to add another High Impact color to my collection. This lipstick is a much brighter red than it appears on the Clinique web site. On their web site the shade is described as "rich red berry" which sounds nice, but on my lips it looks - bright. I do have the coloring to wear more intense shades, but this is just a little more red than I was looking for. It is a very color saturated berry red, and seems to emphasize the dry lines in my lips. It looks better to me when I layer a more neutral shade or gloss over it. I will purchase High Impact lipsticks again - I love that they have SPF 15 and last pretty well - but I'm not sure about this shade. Update: it's starting to grow on me a little more, just have to wear gloss with it and it looks great