Clinique High Impact Lip Colour SPF 15 - Cider Berry

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

Active ingredients: octinoxate 7.5%, zinc oxide 2.1%. Other ingredients: diisopropyl dimer dilinoleate, trimethylolpropane triisostearate, petrolatum, hydrogenated polyisobutene, microcrystalline wax, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, octyldodecanol, polyethylene, lauroyl lysine, pomegranate sterols, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, coffee seed extract, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, tocopheryl acetate, ethylhexyl palmitate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, cholesterol, tribehenin, lauryl pca, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, diethylhexyl syringylidenemaloate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, sorbitan isostearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, calcium sodium borosilicate, palmitoyl oligopeptide, silica, tin oxide. May contain: mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, red 7 lake, blue 1 lake, red 22 lake, red 30 lake, carmine, red 6, yellow 6 lake, bismuth oxychloride, red 33 lake, red 28 lake.

on 3/7/2013 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

Clinique's Cider Berry is a soft neutral red / berry pink that is not too intense which makes it great for office/day time . The color nicely complements my hazel/green eyes and mature fair skin. Non-drying and comes in a quality metal case that's quite classy. My go to lipstick for all occasions. It pairs nicely with Shiseido's powder blush in Petal.

Update 3/25/2013: Sadly, Cliniques's Cider Berry lipstick seem to fade to an orangey-pink on my lips (oxidation maybe) within hours after applying. My positive comments above still stand, but somehow I can no longer wear this shade/color. I exchanged for Clinique's Currant Berry (High Impact) which has more pink tones and definitely complements my NC coloring. If the budget allows, when its time to repurchase a lip product, I'll check out Chantecaille or Chanel which are probably more wearable and flattering on my mature skin.

I have recently gone back to using Clinique products and this lipstick is among those items that won me over. It has a lovely texture and is nicely pigmented. It stays on for several hours, does not feel thick and does not make my lips dry. The colour is very wearable. It is red but not too dramatic and can be easily worn during the day. If I want a subtle stain for a more natural look I gently pat it on with my finger.
I will definitely buy it again.