Clinique High Impact Lip Colour SPF 15 - Cider Berry

Filtered by skin type : Dry
No Image

4.5

Active ingredients: octinoxate 7.5%, zinc oxide 2.1%. Other ingredients: diisopropyl dimer dilinoleate, trimethylolpropane triisostearate, petrolatum, hydrogenated polyisobutene, microcrystalline wax, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, octyldodecanol, polyethylene, lauroyl lysine, pomegranate sterols, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, coffee seed extract, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, tocopheryl acetate, ethylhexyl palmitate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, cholesterol, tribehenin, lauryl pca, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, diethylhexyl syringylidenemaloate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, sorbitan isostearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, calcium sodium borosilicate, palmitoyl oligopeptide, silica, tin oxide. May contain: mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, red 7 lake, blue 1 lake, red 22 lake, red 30 lake, carmine, red 6, yellow 6 lake, bismuth oxychloride, red 33 lake, red 28 lake.

on 3/7/2013 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

Clinique's Cider Berry is a soft neutral red / berry pink that is not too intense which makes it great for office/day time . The color nicely complements my hazel/green eyes and mature fair skin. Non-drying and comes in a quality metal case that's quite classy. My go to lipstick for all occasions. It pairs nicely with Shiseido's powder blush in Petal.

Update 3/25/2013: Sadly, Cliniques's Cider Berry lipstick seem to fade to an orangey-pink on my lips (oxidation maybe) within hours after applying. My positive comments above still stand, but somehow I can no longer wear this shade/color. I exchanged for Clinique's Currant Berry (High Impact) which has more pink tones and definitely complements my NC coloring. If the budget allows, when its time to repurchase a lip product, I'll check out Chantecaille or Chanel which are probably more wearable and flattering on my mature skin.

on 3/2/2010 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love the color, love the staying power. Asked to be touched up at the clinique counter before going to a Christmas party and this was the lipstick the SA used. I bought it thinking it would only be used that one time for touch ups, but liked it so much have worn it almost every day and thanks to the staying power didn't need to touch up at all at the party. Recently, one of my friends I only get to see intermittently and who tells it like it is, complimented me on the color saying it looked better than the muted colors I usually wear. For reference, my hair is dark brown with some silver streaks (15% gray) and my eyes are hazel. Thinking about getting a lighter summer color because of the SPF15.