La Prairie Advanced Marine Biology Tonic

La Prairie Advanced Marine Biology Tonic
LP Advanced Marine Biology Tonic

3.6

SD Alcohol 40-B (Alcohol Denat.), Ethyl Perfluoroisobutyl Ether, Ethyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Isododecane, Water, Mineral Oil, Perfluorodecalin, Sea Water (Maris Aqua), Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Saccharomyces/Carrageenan Extract/Sarcodiotheca Gaudichaudii Extract Ferment, Laminaria Hyperborea Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Fucus Serratus Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Larix Sibirica Wood Extract, Acetyl Hexapeptide-20, Dextran, Acrylates Copolymer, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-28, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Phyllanthus Emblica Extract, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Boswellia Serrata Resin Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Algae Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Pinus Pinea Kernel Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Glycerin, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxyproline, Carbomer, Propyl Gallate, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Blue 1

on 3/9/2016 11:25:00 PM

Shake, shake, shake it!
This is more of a serum in a very large LP bottle - don't mistake it for an ordinary toner. Yes, it contains a large amount of ethyl alcohol (almost everything ending in -ol is an alcohol, as for example the moisture binding sugar alcohol glycerol/glycerin).

The good thing is there's absolutely no emulgators or unnecessary fillers in it, and when applied correctly gives the most silky skin feel. The alcohol helps the water phase temporarly mix with the oil phase and then it just evaporates before it can penetrate your skin.

Precious skinfriendly light oils with the most exquisite fatty acids the skin loves glides on, soaks in and force all the serum-like water soluble marine/plant extracts and peptide goodies deep into the skin.

The point is shake it good enough and apply it evenly - personally I just pour a dime size in my palms and stroke it carefully on to my face. In hot weather and in summer this may just be enough.
After a proper toner (I personally love the Angelique toner from L'Occitane) it just locks the moisture in my skin making it plump, oxygenated, dewy, soothed, calm and energized with a nice glow withouth any oily or slippery feel.

Mostly I don't need a moisturizer after as my pores seems diminished and my skin looks as god as it possibly can 'nude'.

On my third bottle now (only in spring/summer) and this bottle brimfull of mostly natural ingredients, even more than in the more expensive products from La Prairie, is my secret gem!

A true skin tonic.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It caused breakouts on my skin. I guess that is because it contains dI many different oils:( It is not for oily skin!!!

To Read all 21 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/13/2013 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

During a family visit, my mother (who does not speak nor read English) opened this bottle up, took a whiff and thought that me and my husband had brought a bottle of strange looking vodka for dinner and no joke - started to whip out the glasses - I had to explain to her that my aunt had sent me a bottle to try (she always sends me skincare because she works in the industry). I had used it a couple of times but found it oddly drying, yet oily feeling all at the same time. Plus it smells like hand sanitizer or booze.

I'm not sure what's with this, why make the first ingredient drying and damaging alcohol? - it's 5 oz of rubbing alcohol and perfumed mineral oil that is supposed to go on who's face now?? Insta-bin. I would feel guilty even giving this away to another person. Thank god this was free, because if it was even $1 I wouldn't buy it. Not impressed. This product is pretty much the opposite of what all skin types need to look healthy. If the alcohol was somewhere down the end of the list this might be passable.

You can dupe this product easily. For similar effects, see your local liquor store for a bottle of vodka. Mix mineral oil into vodka. Moisten cotton with mixture and apply to face. Voila, I can't believe it's not La Prairie!

I love this product when my skin is stressed due to me being stressed or having had too much sun. It is tingly at first then calming and feels great. I then add a serum and my La Prairie anti aging stress moisturizer and all better!

on 6/22/2013 5:25:00 AM

Nice. Using my second bottle now. However , alcohol in it is relatively heavy.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is packaged absolutely beautifully! I would not change a thing about it! It screams luxury!
As for the product itself, I really like this! It is like a magic potion, the way it gets absorbed by the skin instantaneously, leaving it soft and glowing.
I have found this to help even out skin tone and improve over all skin texture.
For La Prairie, the cost is great! The whole marine biology range is so affordable compared to the skin caviar and other collections.
This is great for young skin!
I use a cotton pad for this, just to ensure that it is evenly spread accross my face, as it is absorbed so quickly.
I do only use it once a day (at night after toner) and it has never broken me out, as i have acne prone skin!

on 12/18/2012 2:58:00 AM

Me gusta mucho este producto, pero con laguna reserva.La verdad esque deja la piel muy suave y no dudo de su acción de serum, pero no me gusta la sensación de la aplicación..esa mezcla de olor a alcohol seco y calor...pero todo y así es un buen producto

on 12/16/2012 9:47:00 AM

Can't beleive how bad this is. I bought it at the airport duty free but it was still expensive.Didn't do my research as didn't have time. This is RUBBISH. A classic example of how expensive ins't always best. Alcohol is the first listed ingredient. Be as well pouring vodka on to cotton pad. This will dry your skin out and do no end of damage. That goes for oily skins as well. Will make matters worse in the long run.Needless to say I didn't even use this up, wouldn't even give it away.

on 12/16/2012 9:27:00 AM

absorbs instant, you will need to pat it quickly, feel like oil rather than toner. skin feels soft and nice. but....hate the smell!! cant stand the smell of strong alcohol mixed with cheap perfume plus something else. if La prairie can improve the smell issue, it is def a 5 star!

on 12/10/2012 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Great, great tonic/serum, that's why I'll be buyinng it a million times. It makes my skin super soft and supple, it heals everything and does not cause any breakouts! I have been using it from 3 weeks now and everyone around have seen a huge improvement on my skin. It's brighter now and I have less breakouts than I usually used to have. I am truly recommending this magic product to everyone who wants to feel magic on her skin. It is, indeed, a little bit expensive but totally worth the money! Best tonic ever!