MooGoo Milk Shampoo

MooGoo Milk Shampoo

3.7

Water (Purified), Decyl Glucoside (Glucose Derived Cleanser), Coco-Betaine (Coconut Derived Cleanser), Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate (Coconut Derived Cleanser), Sodium Lauroamphoacetate (Coconut Derived Cleanser), Lauryl Glucoside (Glucose Derived Cleanser), Behentrimonium Methosulfate (Canola Derived De-Tangler), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Oleate (Natural Ester), Coco Glucoside (Glucose Derived Cleanser), Piroctone Olamine, Allantoin (Comfrey Derived), Hydrolyzed Casein (Milk Protein), Parfum (Phthalate free).

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Honestly, really wanted to love this product. It is extremely drying and makes my hair a tangled mess!! The conditioner itself does condition a little but all it really did was make my tangled hair a little less tangled. I love the smell of this though, some people might find it a milky sickly sweet smell. Unfortunately wont be buying again!

I really wanted to like this product, considering its naturally derived ingredients and I really like the brand philosophy, but unfortunately it's not for me.

I have long and highlighted, normal/fine hair and lots of it. This shampoo made my hair feel like it had been washed with dishwashing detergent, it seemed so harsh and stripping. My hair needed several treatments to return to its usual condition.
It didn't irritate my scalp which is a plus, but the hair was so rough, dry and crispy feeling.

The shampoo did lather quite well which was surprising for a natural shampoo.

My hair is quite sensitive to protein in shampoo and conditioner and I try to avoid it if I can as it causes my hair to become stiff and crispy. Milk protein is listed on the ingredients so that may have been the cause of the roughness, however it is one of the last on the ingredient list.

I think this would be good for virgin or oily hair but I don't recommend it for highlighted hair (although even my virgin roots felt rough) that doesn't like too much protein.

I won't be repurchasing but would love to see a natural shampoo that doesn't contain proteins.

on 7/10/2016 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm on my third bottle of this shampoo (and the conditioner). As a philandering shampoo user I am rarely loyal and flit from Ref to L'Occitan and others on an almost nightly basis.
I find that I not only keep coming back to the MooGoo range but I pack them in my travel kit (and who I want to have in a hotel room with me is a definite litmus test!).
Pros -
Most of all this makes my often dry hair feel clean and soft.
I like the smell.
It soaps up but also rinses well.
The ingredient list is not scary.
Great price.
It doesn't aggravate my rosacea.

Cons
The Australian packaging usually has a pump bottle and I prefer the flip top lid.

on 5/12/2016 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Both my son and I suffered extreme hair loss when using these products. We both had very thick fine hair. Our hair has never returned to the previous thickness. The products smelled ok and the use by date was far in advance. The company's response was to send us some free shampoo and conditioner !! If I could give them zero that would be too high a rating. Be very wary.

on 3/13/2016 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I also have curly hair and find many shampoos to leave my hair feeling dry. I find this to be gentle yet effective, and it lathers up easily despite being SLS-free. Once a fortnight I use a deep-cleansing shampoo as I use a lot of product in my hair and the Milk Shampoo doesn't do well at removing build-up. Still, for an everyday shampoo it's perfect. The smell is not offensive or overwhelming and the huge pump bottle lasts ages. I've been using this shampoo for over 2 years and have never felt tempted to switch.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this shampoo- just like I love most Moogoo products. I've gotten most of my friends onto it with varying success, but it's really great for me. I have bleached, fine hair.

Update 1/11/16- thought I would give an update. I'm still using and loving this shampoo but I cannot use it every wash (or it seems to stop getting my hair squeaky clean). I alternate with other shampoos I love and it seems to keep working this way. (nb the Conditioner is fantastic and never ever stops being amazing even if I use it constantly).

A few more comments for those interested - this shampoo feels tacky when you're using it, and like you're making a knotted mess of your hair HOWEVER I find it is always really easy to comb out once I'm out of the shower (better than other shampoos). Strange but true!

on 1/18/2015 3:46:00 AM

I have used almost every "organic", SLS free, paraben-free and "natural" shampoo and this one is my HG.

I have the straightest and finest hair ever. Every hairdresser I've been to always say that they've not seen anything finer on any adult. It'll be nice if I had a lot of hair, it happens that I do not have much hair either so basically I look like utter CRAP if I do not wash, blow and style it daily.

I love this shampoo and it doesn't irritate my scalp and doesn't weigh down my hair.

Combined with the conditioner, which amazingly does not weigh down my hair, I have found my HG hair products.

I'll be moving soon and where I am going doesn't carry MooGoo so I'm already planning on how to stock up.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is an awesome sulfate-free shampoo as it is very gentle but also cleans my scalp thoroughly. It can easily clean the salt and sand from my scalp and hair (with two washes) after going to the beach which other SLS-free shampoos can't really do. The main reason why I love this shampoo is because it reduces my hair fall ALOT (most likely due to it being SLS free). Another great benefit of this shampoo is that it leaves your hair feeling quite soft and very shiny. Overall this is a great shampoo for sensitive/irritated scalps or for people with normal to dry hair!!

on 9/30/2014 3:51:00 AM

I love the MooGoo conditioner, but hate this shampoo. It doesn't clean my hair, makes my scalp irritated and itchy, and leaves a greasy residue that weighs it down my fine hair. My hair does feel soft and silky afterwards, but the scalp grossness and limpness is not worth it. I've been trying hard to finish the bottle because it's so $$ but finally gave up and threw it out.

on 9/15/2014 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product. I bought it last week after many failed attempts at other sulfate free shampoos and not being able to find my Enjoy Luxury Shampoo.

Firstly, the bottle is super cute.
Secondly, it costs about $17 per 500ml, which is half of the price of a 300ml bottle of my Enjoy Luxury Shampoo.
Thirdly, it works.

I wore a black dress and black shirt to work today, and for the first time in, say, 8 years I wasn't looking at my shoulders for unsightly flakes on my clothes. Some may think it is expensive, but for that one point it is worth every cent.

As an aside, I also bought the scalp cream. I tried it on my 5 year old for his cradle cap and it cleared it up with one treatment.

I will certainly be buying more of their products.

EDIT April 2015: i unfortunately had to stop using this in December 2014 as i was getting an allergic reaction with welts on my shoulders and arms where the product would rince down. I think my milk intolerance is probably a bit of an allergy too, which is rife in my family. Really disappointed as i loved the product and the company making it. 😭
Im not changing the lippies as it's not the products fault!

Popular Shampoos