MooGoo Milk Shampoo

MooGoo Milk Shampoo

3.9

Water (Purified), Decyl Glucoside (Glucose Derived Cleanser), Coco-Betaine (Coconut Derived Cleanser), Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate (Coconut Derived Cleanser), Sodium Lauroamphoacetate (Coconut Derived Cleanser), Lauryl Glucoside (Glucose Derived Cleanser), Behentrimonium Methosulfate (Canola Derived De-Tangler), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Oleate (Natural Ester), Coco Glucoside (Glucose Derived Cleanser), Piroctone Olamine, Allantoin (Comfrey Derived), Hydrolyzed Casein (Milk Protein), Parfum (Phthalate free).

on 7/10/2016 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm on my third bottle of this shampoo (and the conditioner). As a philandering shampoo user I am rarely loyal and flit from Ref to L'Occitan and others on an almost nightly basis.
I find that I not only keep coming back to the MooGoo range but I pack them in my travel kit (and who I want to have in a hotel room with me is a definite litmus test!).
Pros -
Most of all this makes my often dry hair feel clean and soft.
I like the smell.
It soaps up but also rinses well.
The ingredient list is not scary.
Great price.
It doesn't aggravate my rosacea.

Cons
The Australian packaging usually has a pump bottle and I prefer the flip top lid.

on 5/12/2016 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Both my son and I suffered extreme hair loss when using these products. We both had very thick fine hair. Our hair has never returned to the previous thickness. The products smelled ok and the use by date was far in advance. The company's response was to send us some free shampoo and conditioner !! If I could give them zero that would be too high a rating. Be very wary.

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/13/2016 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I also have curly hair and find many shampoos to leave my hair feeling dry. I find this to be gentle yet effective, and it lathers up easily despite being SLS-free. Once a fortnight I use a deep-cleansing shampoo as I use a lot of product in my hair and the Milk Shampoo doesn't do well at removing build-up. Still, for an everyday shampoo it's perfect. The smell is not offensive or overwhelming and the huge pump bottle lasts ages. I've been using this shampoo for over 2 years and have never felt tempted to switch.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this shampoo- just like I love most Moogoo products. I've gotten most of my friends onto it with varying success, but it's really great for me. I have bleached, fine hair.

on 1/18/2015 3:46:00 AM

I have used almost every "organic", SLS free, paraben-free and "natural" shampoo and this one is my HG.

I have the straightest and finest hair ever. Every hairdresser I've been to always say that they've not seen anything finer on any adult. It'll be nice if I had a lot of hair, it happens that I do not have much hair either so basically I look like utter CRAP if I do not wash, blow and style it daily.

I love this shampoo and it doesn't irritate my scalp and doesn't weigh down my hair.

Combined with the conditioner, which amazingly does not weigh down my hair, I have found my HG hair products.

I'll be moving soon and where I am going doesn't carry MooGoo so I'm already planning on how to stock up.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is an awesome sulfate-free shampoo as it is very gentle but also cleans my scalp thoroughly. It can easily clean the salt and sand from my scalp and hair (with two washes) after going to the beach which other SLS-free shampoos can't really do. The main reason why I love this shampoo is because it reduces my hair fall ALOT (most likely due to it being SLS free). Another great benefit of this shampoo is that it leaves your hair feeling quite soft and very shiny. Overall this is a great shampoo for sensitive/irritated scalps or for people with normal to dry hair!!

on 9/30/2014 3:51:00 AM

I love the MooGoo conditioner, but hate this shampoo. It doesn't clean my hair, makes my scalp irritated and itchy, and leaves a greasy residue that weighs it down my fine hair. My hair does feel soft and silky afterwards, but the scalp grossness and limpness is not worth it. I've been trying hard to finish the bottle because it's so $$ but finally gave up and threw it out.

on 9/15/2014 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product. I bought it last week after many failed attempts at other sulfate free shampoos and not being able to find my Enjoy Luxury Shampoo.

Firstly, the bottle is super cute.
Secondly, it costs about $17 per 500ml, which is half of the price of a 300ml bottle of my Enjoy Luxury Shampoo.
Thirdly, it works.

I wore a black dress and black shirt to work today, and for the first time in, say, 8 years I wasn't looking at my shoulders for unsightly flakes on my clothes. Some may think it is expensive, but for that one point it is worth every cent.

As an aside, I also bought the scalp cream. I tried it on my 5 year old for his cradle cap and it cleared it up with one treatment.

I will certainly be buying more of their products.

EDIT April 2015: i unfortunately had to stop using this in December 2014 as i was getting an allergic reaction with welts on my shoulders and arms where the product would rince down. I think my milk intolerance is probably a bit of an allergy too, which is rife in my family. Really disappointed as i loved the product and the company making it. 😭
Im not changing the lippies as it's not the products fault!

on 3/14/2013 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I always seem to get an itchy scalp and dandruff whenever I use most shampoos, even those that are suphate, silicone free etc. I've used this shampoo for a few weeks now and it leaves my hair feeling SUPER soft, and it has a volume to it, like it's not being weighed down.

When you use it, it feels like it shouldnt clean your hair, because it doesnt lather up a lot but your hair feels amazing afterwards.

Its a bit more expensive than I have normally paid for a shampoo, but its worth it to me. Here's to an itchy-free head!

on 1/25/2013 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't like this product very much. But maybe that's because I didn't have scalp issues. It left my hair greasy even after washing with copious amounts of product. It was too runny too, so I used more than I'd like. It also feels rough until I condition and leaves bits of white that I assume are milk proteins trying to bond to my hair. I'm not saying this is a terrible product. I just think it would be better for a different hair type and audience. I kind of love the brand for their skin care, but their shampoo is a bit of a shame. I *might* re-purchase just out of the love I have for their eye serum and the fact that I know that it is (clearly) very gentle. But I also might try going back to organicare and seeing if my hair is less oily now overall after a few days of not washing (since I've only been washing every few days and I used to wash everyday). I still need to alternate this product 2-3 a week with once a week washing with "normal shampoo" to get rid of oil buildup.

Popular Shampoos