BeneFit Cosmetics Silky Finish Lipstick - I Do I Do I Do (LE)

BeneFit Cosmetics Silky Finish Lipstick - I Do I Do I Do (LE)
Silky Finish Lipstick - I Do I Do I Do (LE)

on 12/5/2008 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I got this lipstick as a free gift at Sephora and WOW! It looks amazing against my deep tan skintone.
I would have never picked this up for myself. The description below me is right on point so i won't go to far into that. But it is a gorgeous color that you would have to see in person. It does have alot of sparkle so i was scared at first (im a matte lipstick kinda gal) but it just looks stunning on my pigmented lips. The texture is really soft and smooth and once applied it looks kinda like gloss. If your around my complexion try it..you will be suprised.

on 11/24/2008 9:52:00 PM

I've never quite understood the hype around BeneFit's products (don't get me wrong, they're nice enough, they just don't wow me like they seem to some people). But I had to try this shade of lipstick after getting and loving the Silky-Finish Lipstick in Bouquet Dive (a rosey coppery shade).

I Do I Do I Do is described on Sephora as a "pink pearl" color and that's true, but it doesn't quite describe how pretty this is in person. It's a cross between a medium rosey pink and a soft coral (it leans more heavily towards pink) with lots of finely milled gold shimmer that makes your lips glow (in a good way). The color is very wearable and would probably suit a wide variety of skin tones, although the coloring seems to be on the warm side (I'm neutral-cool toned myself and it looks good on me, so don't let that dissuade you if you're on the neutral-ish end of the spectrum).

Like Bouquet Dive, this is a semi-sheer lipstick that can be built up somewhat. It has the same irritating grittiness when I rub my lips together (it seems less noticeable in I Do I Do I Do, but it's still there), but it's not so noticeable that it really bothers me. After all, I only feel it when I intentionally rub my lips together to spread the lipstick out. Other than that, it applies very, very smoothly and just glides on.

And, again, I love the packaging. It's sturdy metal with a simple, funky white swirl design at the base of the tube and a simple, raised BeneFit logo on the inside tube (under the cap). No gaudy packaging and no cheap plastic here. This is made to last.

PROS: (1) gorgeous pinky-corally shade; (2) applies very smoothly; (3) non-drying on my chronically dry lips; (4) strong metal packaging.

CONS: (1) feels gritty when I rub my lips together; (2) limited edition; (3) shimmer may be too much for some people.