Lancome Oscillation Vibrating Infinite Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 36-43
Lancome Oscillation Vibrating Infinite Mascara

3.3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have had great experiences with other Lancome mascaras (Definicils, Fatale, Hypnose) but this one - not so much. It does not provide really any volume or lenght but just clumps your lashes together. I can see it is discontinued now, and that is perhaps not so surprising, at least not if sales corresponds to average reviews.

I LOVE this mascara!! It goes on so easily because of the vibrations, it does not smudge, flake, or wear off. It holds a curl well. I love it! I even think it makes my lashes grow more. The only thing I don't like is the price, I wish it was at least $10 less.

I think the reason why most women are having a problem with this mascara is the application technique.
The consultant that sold this to me spent quite a bit of time showing me how to apply this and I believe that's why I have had good results.
Start at the base of your lashes and wiggle the brush slightly while holding down the vibrate button. You need a very light hand while doing this. Barely touch the lashes. Allow this coat to dry and then repeat. Once you have done this 3 times, the begin working your way out to the full length of your lashes.
The results I attained after using this technique were fabulous! My lashes really looked like a magazine ad. The process is very time consuming so I won't be using this mascara as an every day beauty staple. I will use it when I have more time for application and/or for special occassions.
I would purchase this product again for the end result but I am disappointed about the amount of time it takes to get those results.

on 12/9/2008 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I tried this out at the makeup counter. It is a mascara with a wand that is a thicker, plastic comblike brush. It has a button that you have to hold down as you apply the mascara, causing the wand to vibrate - similiar to how a cell phone would. The vibration is supposed to help separate the lashes.

Anyway, $34 for this stuff and for $34 mascara, I expect something close to a miracle, or at the very least angels singing in the background. I almost had heart trouble after spending $20 on the Fiberwig mascara. I found this to just give average results. It looked like any regular mascara would on my eyes. No wow factor for me. I will be *very* surprised if this item catches on.