Lancôme Oscillation Vibrating Infinite Mascara

Lancôme Oscillation Vibrating Infinite Mascara

3.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

For the price (27!! ), and in fact, in relation to anything but the most cheapest drugstore mascara, this product is truly, truly, awful.

The thrill of purchasing something new, luxurious, never-been-done-before led me to buy this. What a disappointment. The product clumped straight away, and the vibrating brush did absolutely nothing to enhance the application. In fact, it only seemed to enhance the clumps. You normally get this when a mascara gets a bit old, but this was consistent, even when I removed any excess from the brush. I didn't switch the vibrations on again (well, except when I leaned on my makeup bag accidentally - what the h*** was that?! A bee?!), and I had to wipe most of the product off the brush just to get a passable application. Yes, you get a little more volume than the average mascara, but certainly not enough to justify the price tag. Next to any L'oreal or Maybelline mascara, this is a disaster.

Very generally speaking, most premium beauty mascaras retail at around 20 in the UK. So you are literally paying about 7 for a little battery! I really feel like I've been conned by Lancome with this mascara, and I'm going to write to them and tell them so!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Yeah, so this mascara is pretty crappy. I'm glad I didn't purchase it (I borrowed it from a friend one day - normally a no-no but it was a big event day I had forgotten my own). I didn't try the vibrating aspect, because it seems like a bad idea to me to have something vibrating that close to your eye. The formula is thick and gloopy, gives you spider lashes galore (I guess that's what the vibration is supposed to help with) and it flaked consistenly the whole time I wore it. The only thing that wasn't so bad is that from far away, you couldn't tell all of this, but up close in the mirror this mascara was a big FAIL. I'll stick with L'Oreal Double Extend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Meh. That's my feeling exactly about this mascara. For $34 dollars, I felt that it should at least volumize as well as Cover Girl Lash Blast or my HG mascara, Clinique Lash Doubling, but it didn't wow me at all. It didn't lengthen as well as Lancome Definicils either, which I also love. It also clumped on me, and smeared a bit, two things that are definitely not acceptable when you pay so much for a mascara!

on 6/3/2009 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I don't know why the reviews are so low, but this is an amazing mascara! It doesn't clump at all and really gives me curly thick lashes!

The only down side is it's price and the vibrating is actually useless. I found that using it without the vibrating feature is even better. Which basically defeats the purpose of this mascara. So I guess you're better off buying a cheaper Lancome mascara

on 5/22/2009 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I am a big Lancome mascara fan and I have pretty much tried every one of them. This one coats very well but can be a little difficult to use at first. You have to be very careful and still wiggle the wand up your eye even though the wand vibrates. If you don't then your lashes could end up horribly clumped together and very hard to seperate. Gives a very defined lash thats not subtle at all. I love the mascara but I think I could live without the vibrating brush for the extra cost.

on 3/24/2009 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I actually really LOVE this mascara! It does work - but I suspect most people don't know how to properly apply it or that application requires patience. This stuff gives me false individual looking lashes and they are nicely separated. It is not a miracle (there is not such thing) - but it is pretty darn great! It is WAY overpriced, but the beauty is, the greatness is in the brush, NOT the mascara (a little of both - but more the brush), so when you run out, continue using the brush to oscillate on your favorite mascara with great separation and nice thin layers! Love this and am sad that I seem to be the only one! - lol

on 1/14/2009 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I too was so excited by this mascara and couldn't wait for it to come (HSN order). I have sparse short lashes. I have 2 thoughts on this mascara....the oscillating brush does nothing for me. I have been using it without the 'oscillation' and it does ok. I think the skinny brush is what works for me (as I buy L'Oreal Telescopic when not experimenting). So, the mascara is ok, I like the brush, but the oscillation is not worth the money.

on 12/11/2008 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

LOVED IT!!!! I do not wear mascara everyday as my lashes are long and I do have trouble with smearing. I love Lancome's mascara anyway. I have to try anything new and I have to say I love this product. I only needed one coat and I never had any clumping problem with it. I love the brush also. I've used every mascara out there and most either smear or your lashes feel so thick and stiff that you can't stand it. I felt most comfortable in this one and definitely will buy again. Since I don't use it everyday, I'm sure it will last a long time so $30.00 is okay with me.