Lancôme Oscillation Vibrating Infinite Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone age: 36-43
Lancôme Oscillation Vibrating Infinite Mascara

3.2

I am surprised at the negative reviews here, and can only guess that people are applying the mascara like 'normal' mascara, which you're not meant to do. You are supposed to just hold the mascara on your lashes and let IT do the work.

I have tried just about every 'good' mascara going, but it's a waste of money and I always revert to this one - - despite its high price. You can get it online for less than 20 which is a blessing. The mascara never flakes for me, never ever clumps and lasts ages...I'm still using mine many months later after I bought the last one. My lashes are defined, long and amazing compared to just about every other mascara I have tried. I wish I could find an alternative, as this costs a lot, but it is hugely superior. It's the best Lancome mascara for me out of all of them too. I tried Hypnose Star, and though it was good it did CLUMP! Use this Oscillation mascara properly and you will be delighted.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This product is nothing short of garbage. It did absolutely nothing for me at all. Just a big waste of my money. I returned it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Oscillation is everything formula, brush, application, performance I try to avoid in a mascara. As a result, this ranks as one of the worst mascaras Ive personally used.

First things first I am blessed with decent, stick straight lashes. I tend to prefer a mascara that lengthens and defines, as opposed to volumizes, though I am not averse to volume. I invest time curling my lashes and do not appreciate mascara that causes uncurling or drooping. Overall, I like the finished look to be somewhere between me-but-better and dramatic. If I can achieve all of this in a non-waterproof formula, so much the better.

Formula. Oscillation boasts one of the thinnest, runniest formulas Ive come across. I did not notice any perceptible length or volume. This was a disaster for curl and lift. I experienced minor clumping and some stuck together lashes. In all honesty, the only notable thing I can find to say about the formula is how long it takes to dry.

Brush. Oscillation uses a silicone brush that vibrates. I vastly prefer bristle brushes. In my experience, silicone brushes apply more mascara in one go than I like. Oscillation is no exception. This brush deposits a stunning amount of mascara in one pass. My lashes felt wet, which, admittedly, was a new experience for me.

Application. The vibration is intended to simulate wiggling the mascara wand back and forth. Rather than wiggle the Oscillation brush, Lancome recommends pulling the brush from base to tips in straight, slow, smooth motion. This netted me drenched, stick straight, slightly stuck together lashes. Frankly, no other application variation I attempted improved the result.

Performance. Once this dried, the wear was good. This removed easily with my regular facial cleanser and water.

Oscillation is my anti-mascara. The brush was gimmicky, the formula watery and excessively wet, and the finished results were not only unimpressive but undesirable. I will not repurchase.

I think the reason why most women are having a problem with this mascara is the application technique.
The consultant that sold this to me spent quite a bit of time showing me how to apply this and I believe that's why I have had good results.
Start at the base of your lashes and wiggle the brush slightly while holding down the vibrate button. You need a very light hand while doing this. Barely touch the lashes. Allow this coat to dry and then repeat. Once you have done this 3 times, the begin working your way out to the full length of your lashes.
The results I attained after using this technique were fabulous! My lashes really looked like a magazine ad. The process is very time consuming so I won't be using this mascara as an every day beauty staple. I will use it when I have more time for application and/or for special occassions.
I would purchase this product again for the end result but I am disappointed about the amount of time it takes to get those results.

on 11/24/2008 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great mascara, I too have tried them all!! This is one I will buy again. I don't use it alone though. I use CG last blast first, then lancome fatale, then this one to finish it separates and is a great finisher. you have to just hold the button down and very slowly move it from root to end. It is amazing how it separates and lengthens. I use the others to add extra volume & depth. This mascara is definitely worth the money.