Lancome Oscillation Vibrating Infinite Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Lancome Oscillation Vibrating Infinite Mascara

2.7

This has become my go to mascara. I am super picky about mascara and have tried dozens. What I like about this, is it never smudges. Even when I put rich eye cream on, spritz my face, or take a hot yoga class. I use it with the XL primer and get long, amplified lashes that last all day and is easy to remove in the evening. A tube also lasts me 2-3 months, as opposed to some I've tried that dry up after a couple of weeks. I use a metal tooth comb after applying this also, so no clumping, although I guess that defeats the purpose of the oscillation. The downside is the cost and a teeny bit of flaking sometimes. Otherwise it would be my HG. I noticed another reviewer said this was discontinued, but I just bought mine, Sept. '12, from a Dept. store.
Update: I have recently gone back to this (April 2016) and am enjoying it. Mainly because you can build length and volume, but it is smudge proof and easy to remove at night. The oscillation part doesn't seem to do much. I now use a heated eyelash curler after applying, to curl and de-clump. The reason I am willing to fork out $36+ is because one tube lasts 2-3 months. Most smudge free mascaras that I have tried dry up after a few weeks.

oh god, THE SMELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DIED. It's so disgusting. And it flakes every where and dries to quickly and gets seriously clumpy. I will never buy this ever again.

This has got to be one of the worst mascaras I have ever tried. Lumpy doesn't even begin to describe the disastrous application process that ensued every time I try to use this product. And I had such high expectations for it (perhaps I thought it could do for my eyelashes what my beloved, now discontinued, SK II Air Touch foundation used to do for my skin).... But well, what can I say.... Guess I should've checked MUA before wasting $35 bucks.

on 12/20/2011 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm on my 2nd tube of this stuff. I have to admit the vibration was what drew me in. What kept me going for more is how the mascara kept the curl of my lashes in place, even with my point-straight-down lashes. I do have to have a light hand with this so as not to get a lot of product on and it does take some practice to get it right as you don't apply the same as you would with a non-vibrating wand. I did wish it volumized a bit better. Not my HG but will buy again.

clumpy clumpy clumpy!! the vibrating brush thing is a nice little touch that seems good in theory, but while it did lengthen my lashes, it also made it look like i had about 5 huge lashes instead of a normal amount.

i am SO disappointed in this, esp for the price. i do NOT recommend it!

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The formula is nothing spectacular, and the vibrating brush is just a gimmick. When I apply this, the mascara comes out thick and clumps my lashes together. The result: darkened masses of lash that yes, look longer and thicker than they did before I applied the product, but definitely not better. I end up combing my lashes out, and the effect is as good as any generic lengthening/volumizing mascara, along with all the flaking and smudging of such mascaras.

on 5/17/2011 10:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I bought this on a whim and felt immediately guilty- I knew I'd been suckered, there's noway that a vibrating mascara is going to be any better than a regular one...and I was right. Not only that, its almost impossible to use the vibrating mechanism and apply the mascara at the same time.
The product starts to make your eyelashes stick together the moment you try to reapply it to areas its already started to dry in, so if you're not quick with your first application or you've missed a bit it will start to look clogged on your eyelashes.
If that wasn't bad enough, the dryness of it means small particles crack off for the rest of the day, you'll find them all over your face but mainly under your eyes.
Its by far the worse mascara I've ever used.

on 3/30/2011 4:59:00 PM

Yuck yuck yuck!!! Clumps everywhere!!! Er...worse purchase EVER!!!

on 3/28/2011 12:31:00 PM

I got this from my husband for Christmas.
The good:
Long, thick lashes. VERY long thick lashes!
The bad:
It clumps together easily and FLAKES all over.

When I can get this to go on well, it looks amazing. I've been asked if I wear false eyelashes when I wear this mascara. It goes on rather thick and heavy and I always have to comb through it really well. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. It gives me the "five big eyelashes" look when it doesn't work out. It does flake horribly.

I'll use it up. I like it well enough to play with it, but I won't be getting any more. I just can't get the look consistent enough to justify the pricetag.

on 11/23/2010 7:59:00 AM

I don't know why this product has such low rating. It is amazing. It makes my lashes long and thick so easily. First I apply one coat of Hypnose Drama then this over it and wow! The first couple of times it made me teary but then I got used to the vibration! It is so amazing; takes my lashes to a whole new level. And it doesn't clump at all --if it does you're using it wrong.
34$ is pricey as hell but I have it 4 months now so it's worth it.
PRONS
-Long lashes
-Thick lashes
-Not clumpy
-Nice packaging
-Last's long
-Works well over other mascaras
CON
Price

I'm planning on buying my second tube :)

Popular Mascaras