Lancome Oscillation Vibrating Infinite Mascara

Lancome Oscillation Vibrating Infinite Mascara

3.4

on 5/4/2012 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG mascara! I am very disappointed that it is being pulled from the Lancome counters. Thankfully it is still available at Sephora! I will be stocking up. Yes, at $35 it seems pricey, however I have used one tube up to 5 months with almost everday use. The scent never had that "off" smell and it took a long time to dry out. I am on my 3rd tube of this and am planning a trip to Sephora to stock up before they pull it.

I do agree with another reviewer who stated that this product is better for certain lash types and personal preference. My natural lashes are typical asain lashes...short, stick straight and refuse to curl. I've been using Latisse and Talika for a couple of years now so my lashes are longer (probably average for most) and there are more hairs.

This mascara lasts all day on me with no flaking or smudging. I have worn it for >12 work day and it still looks great. When I start to notice a little flaking I know its time for a new tube. It adds length, volume and holds a curl like no ones business. I prefer volume on my lashes verses lenth and this mascara provides both!

It is easy to remove with just soap and water, cleansing cloth or a cotton ball with makeup remover. I know some people don't understand when someone says a mascara is "easy to remove" but let me give an example. Loreal Carbon Black line....very messy to remove and takes ALOT of work to get it all off. Yes, it's deep and pigmented, but the Lancome has the same amount of pigmentation and SO much easier to remove!

Yes, this mascara does have a "learning curve" to it. But after a few applications I had it down. I find that the brush shape is great for those of us with small eyes. I originally thought the oscillation was just gimicky, however it does help in application tremendously. I find that it helps to coat the entire lash with the traditional application method and maybe just one pass behind the lashes to get the backside covered. I honestly don't think that it's a necessary step with this mascara, but I like thick in your face lashes. One tip is to also move the wand slow up the lash. Start at the lashline and while holding the oscillation button SLOWLY pull up to the ends. I think a lot of people make the mistake of trying to apply this like they would a "traditional" mascara.

I know that you're "supposed" to only use mascara for 3 months, but I have and will continue to use mine longer. Not only to reduce overall cost of the product but also in light of it being discontinued.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i have very thick eye lashes and i like to have volume AND length. i dont know how this doesnt have such a good review this is the only mascara i trust. im persian with course flat eyelashes so maybe its too thick for some people

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I found that even though it is pricey, the vibration did help seperate my lashes, despite what other reviewers have said. It doesn't clump, two coats is just right. Stays on.

on 5/9/2011 7:17:00 PM

i remember the hype when this first came out...people went crazy over it. now, not so much. it's not a bad mascara, it definitely adds some definition and separates my lashes and did not clump or flake for me. still, it's not something i would buy for myself.

on 11/14/2010 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I have used Hypnose, Hypnose Drama, and now this one. This is so far the best from Lancome for me. Lashes are dramatic which I love, they are longer and thicker.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I wish I can return this product or exchange it for my beloved Hypnose WP. Too bad I can't do so.

This really adds some serious volume to my poor lashes when compared to the Hypnose. Lashes dont glue up easily unless you didn't remove the excess from the wand. The major problem I have is holding a curl. I curl my lashes as always and grrrr, this doesn't hold up the curl - this actually flattens them! So annoying and surely I won't spend this much for a curl-killing mascara.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

so the whole thing with the vibrations helping to make your lashes wonderful is just a bunch of hoopla, if you take the time to wiggle the wand and apply it slowly but surely your lashes will look AMAZING. The first time i used it i hated it, i thought it was wayy to clumpeh and smudged everywhere, but after giving it a chance its the only mascara i like apart from my colossal and full n soft. I can definitely see and feel a difference in my lashes, even to the point where i can feel them hitting the inside lenses of my shades hehehe. anyways if you're wearing dewy makeup its obviously gonna smudge a bit, but i find w/ a very matte look and steady concealer it looks like perfection. & from what i've noticed from the people i know who have tried it, asians dig this stuff i guess because its more on the lengthening side so...yes i would definitely repurchase even with that psychotic price :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Other, Fine

Nope. Other mascaras out there that are alot better. That little vibrating whiz-band did not make this ordinary mascara extra-ordinary. Won't be repurchasing.

on 11/6/2009 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

At first I couldn't see what made this mascara different from the others. Then I realized I was using it incorrectly. So once I started using it the right way I noticed that it made my eyelashes appear to be longer and very separated without using a eyelash curler. This mascara was also a bit pricey, but I probably would buy this again since it worked so well.

on 9/23/2009 6:58:00 AM

This mascara sucks. I bought the waterproof version so I've never tried the non-waterproof version but the waterproof version definitely sucks.
I made the mistake of shelling out the $34 before coming on here and reading the reviews. Big mistake. Its clumpy, doesn't curl, etc. It just doesn't do what it promises to do except be waterproof. And the vibrating part? It's such a total joke. I curled my lashes before using it and the vibrations actually uncurled my lashes.

Chanel's inimitable waterproof mascara is $4 cheaper and 1000x better.