Lancome Oscillation Vibrating Infinite Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 36-43
Lancome Oscillation Vibrating Infinite Mascara

1.3

on 8/28/2009 4:17:00 PM

I am such an idiot. I bought this before reading the MUA reviews. Never again! Beguiled by the possibility of reducing my crack-like dependence on false eyelashes, I dimwittedly imagined sticking a battery up a mascara's wazoo might be the answer to my prayers. No way. This is the most expensive and worst-performing mascara I have ever purchased. The formula is thick and gloopy, and the bristles so widely spaced they dump a ton of product on every lash. What the battery oscillation (optional) is supposed to do I have no idea. It just tickles. However much I wipe off the brush before starting, my eyelashes still end up looking like poor bedraggled birds caught in oil slicks. Plus it smudges. I simply don't understand why Lancome would want to compromise their reputation as the Rolls Royce of mascara makers with this rubbish. 27 down the drain.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Oscillation is everything formula, brush, application, performance I try to avoid in a mascara. As a result, this ranks as one of the worst mascaras Ive personally used.

First things first I am blessed with decent, stick straight lashes. I tend to prefer a mascara that lengthens and defines, as opposed to volumizes, though I am not averse to volume. I invest time curling my lashes and do not appreciate mascara that causes uncurling or drooping. Overall, I like the finished look to be somewhere between me-but-better and dramatic. If I can achieve all of this in a non-waterproof formula, so much the better.

Formula. Oscillation boasts one of the thinnest, runniest formulas Ive come across. I did not notice any perceptible length or volume. This was a disaster for curl and lift. I experienced minor clumping and some stuck together lashes. In all honesty, the only notable thing I can find to say about the formula is how long it takes to dry.

Brush. Oscillation uses a silicone brush that vibrates. I vastly prefer bristle brushes. In my experience, silicone brushes apply more mascara in one go than I like. Oscillation is no exception. This brush deposits a stunning amount of mascara in one pass. My lashes felt wet, which, admittedly, was a new experience for me.

Application. The vibration is intended to simulate wiggling the mascara wand back and forth. Rather than wiggle the Oscillation brush, Lancome recommends pulling the brush from base to tips in straight, slow, smooth motion. This netted me drenched, stick straight, slightly stuck together lashes. Frankly, no other application variation I attempted improved the result.

Performance. Once this dried, the wear was good. This removed easily with my regular facial cleanser and water.

Oscillation is my anti-mascara. The brush was gimmicky, the formula watery and excessively wet, and the finished results were not only unimpressive but undesirable. I will not repurchase.

on 12/9/2008 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I tried this out at the makeup counter. It is a mascara with a wand that is a thicker, plastic comblike brush. It has a button that you have to hold down as you apply the mascara, causing the wand to vibrate - similiar to how a cell phone would. The vibration is supposed to help separate the lashes.

Anyway, $34 for this stuff and for $34 mascara, I expect something close to a miracle, or at the very least angels singing in the background. I almost had heart trouble after spending $20 on the Fiberwig mascara. I found this to just give average results. It looked like any regular mascara would on my eyes. No wow factor for me. I will be *very* surprised if this item catches on.