Lancome Oscillation Vibrating Infinite Mascara

Lancome Oscillation Vibrating Infinite Mascara

3.0

I am surprised at the negative reviews here, and can only guess that people are applying the mascara like 'normal' mascara, which you're not meant to do. You are supposed to just hold the mascara on your lashes and let IT do the work.

I have tried just about every 'good' mascara going, but it's a waste of money and I always revert to this one - - despite its high price. You can get it online for less than 20 which is a blessing. The mascara never flakes for me, never ever clumps and lasts ages...I'm still using mine many months later after I bought the last one. My lashes are defined, long and amazing compared to just about every other mascara I have tried. I wish I could find an alternative, as this costs a lot, but it is hugely superior. It's the best Lancome mascara for me out of all of them too. I tried Hypnose Star, and though it was good it did CLUMP! Use this Oscillation mascara properly and you will be delighted.

on 5/4/2012 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG mascara! I am very disappointed that it is being pulled from the Lancome counters. Thankfully it is still available at Sephora! I will be stocking up. Yes, at $35 it seems pricey, however I have used one tube up to 5 months with almost everday use. The scent never had that "off" smell and it took a long time to dry out. I am on my 3rd tube of this and am planning a trip to Sephora to stock up before they pull it.

I do agree with another reviewer who stated that this product is better for certain lash types and personal preference. My natural lashes are typical asain lashes...short, stick straight and refuse to curl. I've been using Latisse and Talika for a couple of years now so my lashes are longer (probably average for most) and there are more hairs.

This mascara lasts all day on me with no flaking or smudging. I have worn it for >12 work day and it still looks great. When I start to notice a little flaking I know its time for a new tube. It adds length, volume and holds a curl like no ones business. I prefer volume on my lashes verses lenth and this mascara provides both!

It is easy to remove with just soap and water, cleansing cloth or a cotton ball with makeup remover. I know some people don't understand when someone says a mascara is "easy to remove" but let me give an example. Loreal Carbon Black line....very messy to remove and takes ALOT of work to get it all off. Yes, it's deep and pigmented, but the Lancome has the same amount of pigmentation and SO much easier to remove!

Yes, this mascara does have a "learning curve" to it. But after a few applications I had it down. I find that the brush shape is great for those of us with small eyes. I originally thought the oscillation was just gimicky, however it does help in application tremendously. I find that it helps to coat the entire lash with the traditional application method and maybe just one pass behind the lashes to get the backside covered. I honestly don't think that it's a necessary step with this mascara, but I like thick in your face lashes. One tip is to also move the wand slow up the lash. Start at the lashline and while holding the oscillation button SLOWLY pull up to the ends. I think a lot of people make the mistake of trying to apply this like they would a "traditional" mascara.

I know that you're "supposed" to only use mascara for 3 months, but I have and will continue to use mine longer. Not only to reduce overall cost of the product but also in light of it being discontinued.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i have very thick eye lashes and i like to have volume AND length. i dont know how this doesnt have such a good review this is the only mascara i trust. im persian with course flat eyelashes so maybe its too thick for some people

on 1/12/2011 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this is the best mascara, imo lancome cant be beaten on mascara or waterline eyeliner... truly amazing. (pitty about the price!!)

on 11/23/2010 7:59:00 AM

I don't know why this product has such low rating. It is amazing. It makes my lashes long and thick so easily. First I apply one coat of Hypnose Drama then this over it and wow! The first couple of times it made me teary but then I got used to the vibration! It is so amazing; takes my lashes to a whole new level. And it doesn't clump at all --if it does you're using it wrong.
34$ is pricey as hell but I have it 4 months now so it's worth it.
PRONS
-Long lashes
-Thick lashes
-Not clumpy
-Nice packaging
-Last's long
-Works well over other mascaras
CON
Price

I'm planning on buying my second tube :)

on 11/14/2010 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I have used Hypnose, Hypnose Drama, and now this one. This is so far the best from Lancome for me. Lashes are dramatic which I love, they are longer and thicker.

on 10/20/2010 8:28:00 AM

Love it love it love it. This is the best mascara Ive ever tried. Ive never received so many compliments on my lashes ever.... until now. The lushes are curled and long. I used the Virtuose in the past but Oscillation is another league.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing mascara! I get more compliments and have people ask me if my lashes are real when I use this mascara! I am on my 5th tube!!!! I will say it does get some getting used to. Once you get the hang of it though you get amazing lashes in a short time.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am on my second tube, and would buy again. It took a couple of tries to get this application right, but the results are far superior to any other expensive mascara I've tried. This gives me the longest and best defined lashes so far. I have tried the cheaper knockoffs, but the results aren't close.
Here are some important tips:
1. curl lashes first (Shu Uemura makes the best curler)
2. apply liner
3. use a metal lash comb to separate your lashes first
4. press and hold the button, then quickly apply to lashes from root to tip. Keep the wand moving in a quick, straight line
5. if you move quickly, you can knock out clumps, but don't get carried away

I am on my 2nd tube and will soon purchase a 3rd. This mascara is nothing short of amazing! It is true that you should NOT wiggle it as you would with a normal mascara. Just hold it near your base, push the button and brush. The mascara formula coats your lashes, gives them a lift and extends them. The result: Longer, fuller and curled lashes that are well-defined!! Best mascara to use if you are in a hurry! There is no need to use a curler or lash comb with this. It does not create great volume though, just a bit to improve your lash line, so those looking for a thick fringe of lashes might be disappointed. The mascara comes off easily when you wash your face, and it stays put for about 8 hours. After that, you might find small flakes of it below your eyes. But overall, it is the best mascara I have tried.