Lancome Oscillation Vibrating Infinite Mascara

Filtered by age: 36-43
Lancome Oscillation Vibrating Infinite Mascara

3.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This product is nothing short of garbage. It did absolutely nothing for me at all. Just a big waste of my money. I returned it.

on 8/28/2009 4:17:00 PM

I am such an idiot. I bought this before reading the MUA reviews. Never again! Beguiled by the possibility of reducing my crack-like dependence on false eyelashes, I dimwittedly imagined sticking a battery up a mascara's wazoo might be the answer to my prayers. No way. This is the most expensive and worst-performing mascara I have ever purchased. The formula is thick and gloopy, and the bristles so widely spaced they dump a ton of product on every lash. What the battery oscillation (optional) is supposed to do I have no idea. It just tickles. However much I wipe off the brush before starting, my eyelashes still end up looking like poor bedraggled birds caught in oil slicks. Plus it smudges. I simply don't understand why Lancome would want to compromise their reputation as the Rolls Royce of mascara makers with this rubbish. 27 down the drain.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Oscillation is everything formula, brush, application, performance I try to avoid in a mascara. As a result, this ranks as one of the worst mascaras Ive personally used.

First things first I am blessed with decent, stick straight lashes. I tend to prefer a mascara that lengthens and defines, as opposed to volumizes, though I am not averse to volume. I invest time curling my lashes and do not appreciate mascara that causes uncurling or drooping. Overall, I like the finished look to be somewhere between me-but-better and dramatic. If I can achieve all of this in a non-waterproof formula, so much the better.

Formula. Oscillation boasts one of the thinnest, runniest formulas Ive come across. I did not notice any perceptible length or volume. This was a disaster for curl and lift. I experienced minor clumping and some stuck together lashes. In all honesty, the only notable thing I can find to say about the formula is how long it takes to dry.

Brush. Oscillation uses a silicone brush that vibrates. I vastly prefer bristle brushes. In my experience, silicone brushes apply more mascara in one go than I like. Oscillation is no exception. This brush deposits a stunning amount of mascara in one pass. My lashes felt wet, which, admittedly, was a new experience for me.

Application. The vibration is intended to simulate wiggling the mascara wand back and forth. Rather than wiggle the Oscillation brush, Lancome recommends pulling the brush from base to tips in straight, slow, smooth motion. This netted me drenched, stick straight, slightly stuck together lashes. Frankly, no other application variation I attempted improved the result.

Performance. Once this dried, the wear was good. This removed easily with my regular facial cleanser and water.

Oscillation is my anti-mascara. The brush was gimmicky, the formula watery and excessively wet, and the finished results were not only unimpressive but undesirable. I will not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have had great experiences with other Lancome mascaras (Definicils, Fatale, Hypnose) but this one - not so much. It does not provide really any volume or lenght but just clumps your lashes together. I can see it is discontinued now, and that is perhaps not so surprising, at least not if sales corresponds to average reviews.

on 2/12/2009 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm totally disappointed by this mascara. It's basically your average mascara with a gimmicky vibration. I will give it an extra lippie because it didnt clump and it did do okay with definition. Guess I expected more from Lancome.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Well I fell for the gimmick. To be fair, the mascara liquid itself is fine and I don't know if the oscillation is really helping or not but the shape and design of the brush is rubbish. I cannot get hardly any product on my lashes so it gives a very natural look, and to be honest, for 24 or whatever it was I want MEGA lashes!

If you're going to go for a Lancome mascara, stick to virtuous which is fab.

on 12/9/2008 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I tried this out at the makeup counter. It is a mascara with a wand that is a thicker, plastic comblike brush. It has a button that you have to hold down as you apply the mascara, causing the wand to vibrate - similiar to how a cell phone would. The vibration is supposed to help separate the lashes.

Anyway, $34 for this stuff and for $34 mascara, I expect something close to a miracle, or at the very least angels singing in the background. I almost had heart trouble after spending $20 on the Fiberwig mascara. I found this to just give average results. It looked like any regular mascara would on my eyes. No wow factor for me. I will be *very* surprised if this item catches on.

on 3/28/2011 12:31:00 PM

I got this from my husband for Christmas.
The good:
Long, thick lashes. VERY long thick lashes!
The bad:
It clumps together easily and FLAKES all over.

When I can get this to go on well, it looks amazing. I've been asked if I wear false eyelashes when I wear this mascara. It goes on rather thick and heavy and I always have to comb through it really well. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. It gives me the "five big eyelashes" look when it doesn't work out. It does flake horribly.

I'll use it up. I like it well enough to play with it, but I won't be getting any more. I just can't get the look consistent enough to justify the pricetag.

on 10/18/2009 10:45:00 AM

i really like this stuff. as with hypnose and definicils, my only complaint is that they dry out in no time which is aggravating when you spend 25-30 bucks on a mascara. i had no problem with the wand, i just placed in right next to my lid and wiggled it through and had huge lashes and no clumping. i would buy again except that when they charge that much, i am always on the lookout for something comparable for cheaper.

I think the reason why most women are having a problem with this mascara is the application technique.
The consultant that sold this to me spent quite a bit of time showing me how to apply this and I believe that's why I have had good results.
Start at the base of your lashes and wiggle the brush slightly while holding down the vibrate button. You need a very light hand while doing this. Barely touch the lashes. Allow this coat to dry and then repeat. Once you have done this 3 times, the begin working your way out to the full length of your lashes.
The results I attained after using this technique were fabulous! My lashes really looked like a magazine ad. The process is very time consuming so I won't be using this mascara as an every day beauty staple. I will use it when I have more time for application and/or for special occassions.
I would purchase this product again for the end result but I am disappointed about the amount of time it takes to get those results.