Lancôme Oscillation Vibrating Infinite Mascara

Filtered by age: 36-43
Lancôme Oscillation Vibrating Infinite Mascara

3.3

I am surprised at the negative reviews here, and can only guess that people are applying the mascara like 'normal' mascara, which you're not meant to do. You are supposed to just hold the mascara on your lashes and let IT do the work.

I have tried just about every 'good' mascara going, but it's a waste of money and I always revert to this one - - despite its high price. You can get it online for less than 20 which is a blessing. The mascara never flakes for me, never ever clumps and lasts ages...I'm still using mine many months later after I bought the last one. My lashes are defined, long and amazing compared to just about every other mascara I have tried. I wish I could find an alternative, as this costs a lot, but it is hugely superior. It's the best Lancome mascara for me out of all of them too. I tried Hypnose Star, and though it was good it did CLUMP! Use this Oscillation mascara properly and you will be delighted.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have had great experiences with other Lancome mascaras (Definicils, Fatale, Hypnose) but this one - not so much. It does not provide really any volume or lenght but just clumps your lashes together. I can see it is discontinued now, and that is perhaps not so surprising, at least not if sales corresponds to average reviews.

on 5/4/2012 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG mascara! I am very disappointed that it is being pulled from the Lancome counters. Thankfully it is still available at Sephora! I will be stocking up. Yes, at $35 it seems pricey, however I have used one tube up to 5 months with almost everday use. The scent never had that "off" smell and it took a long time to dry out. I am on my 3rd tube of this and am planning a trip to Sephora to stock up before they pull it.

I do agree with another reviewer who stated that this product is better for certain lash types and personal preference. My natural lashes are typical asain lashes...short, stick straight and refuse to curl. I've been using Latisse and Talika for a couple of years now so my lashes are longer (probably average for most) and there are more hairs.

This mascara lasts all day on me with no flaking or smudging. I have worn it for >12 work day and it still looks great. When I start to notice a little flaking I know its time for a new tube. It adds length, volume and holds a curl like no ones business. I prefer volume on my lashes verses lenth and this mascara provides both!

It is easy to remove with just soap and water, cleansing cloth or a cotton ball with makeup remover. I know some people don't understand when someone says a mascara is "easy to remove" but let me give an example. Loreal Carbon Black line....very messy to remove and takes ALOT of work to get it all off. Yes, it's deep and pigmented, but the Lancome has the same amount of pigmentation and SO much easier to remove!

Yes, this mascara does have a "learning curve" to it. But after a few applications I had it down. I find that the brush shape is great for those of us with small eyes. I originally thought the oscillation was just gimicky, however it does help in application tremendously. I find that it helps to coat the entire lash with the traditional application method and maybe just one pass behind the lashes to get the backside covered. I honestly don't think that it's a necessary step with this mascara, but I like thick in your face lashes. One tip is to also move the wand slow up the lash. Start at the lashline and while holding the oscillation button SLOWLY pull up to the ends. I think a lot of people make the mistake of trying to apply this like they would a "traditional" mascara.

I know that you're "supposed" to only use mascara for 3 months, but I have and will continue to use mine longer. Not only to reduce overall cost of the product but also in light of it being discontinued.

on 3/28/2011 12:31:00 PM

I got this from my husband for Christmas.
The good:
Long, thick lashes. VERY long thick lashes!
The bad:
It clumps together easily and FLAKES all over.

When I can get this to go on well, it looks amazing. I've been asked if I wear false eyelashes when I wear this mascara. It goes on rather thick and heavy and I always have to comb through it really well. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. It gives me the "five big eyelashes" look when it doesn't work out. It does flake horribly.

I'll use it up. I like it well enough to play with it, but I won't be getting any more. I just can't get the look consistent enough to justify the pricetag.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This product is nothing short of garbage. It did absolutely nothing for me at all. Just a big waste of my money. I returned it.

I LOVE this mascara!! It goes on so easily because of the vibrations, it does not smudge, flake, or wear off. It holds a curl well. I love it! I even think it makes my lashes grow more. The only thing I don't like is the price, I wish it was at least $10 less.

on 10/18/2009 10:45:00 AM

i really like this stuff. as with hypnose and definicils, my only complaint is that they dry out in no time which is aggravating when you spend 25-30 bucks on a mascara. i had no problem with the wand, i just placed in right next to my lid and wiggled it through and had huge lashes and no clumping. i would buy again except that when they charge that much, i am always on the lookout for something comparable for cheaper.

on 8/28/2009 4:17:00 PM

I am such an idiot. I bought this before reading the MUA reviews. Never again! Beguiled by the possibility of reducing my crack-like dependence on false eyelashes, I dimwittedly imagined sticking a battery up a mascara's wazoo might be the answer to my prayers. No way. This is the most expensive and worst-performing mascara I have ever purchased. The formula is thick and gloopy, and the bristles so widely spaced they dump a ton of product on every lash. What the battery oscillation (optional) is supposed to do I have no idea. It just tickles. However much I wipe off the brush before starting, my eyelashes still end up looking like poor bedraggled birds caught in oil slicks. Plus it smudges. I simply don't understand why Lancome would want to compromise their reputation as the Rolls Royce of mascara makers with this rubbish. 27 down the drain.

I have been scoping this mascara for a little while now. It is quite expensive at $38 plus tax.

I do love it though! I think it gives my lashes an intense black glossiness. The formula is on the thinner side (a plus in my book), it has the nice rose scent I enjoy.

I apply three coats and my lashes look long and have a sweet curl- even without using a curler beforehand. I have even gotten a person asking me what I use to get my lashes so long!

I think using a business card to press against the base of my lashes on my upper lid, really helps get the lashes coated evenly from root to tips.

I will definitely re-purchase this mascara

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Oscillation is everything formula, brush, application, performance I try to avoid in a mascara. As a result, this ranks as one of the worst mascaras Ive personally used.

First things first I am blessed with decent, stick straight lashes. I tend to prefer a mascara that lengthens and defines, as opposed to volumizes, though I am not averse to volume. I invest time curling my lashes and do not appreciate mascara that causes uncurling or drooping. Overall, I like the finished look to be somewhere between me-but-better and dramatic. If I can achieve all of this in a non-waterproof formula, so much the better.

Formula. Oscillation boasts one of the thinnest, runniest formulas Ive come across. I did not notice any perceptible length or volume. This was a disaster for curl and lift. I experienced minor clumping and some stuck together lashes. In all honesty, the only notable thing I can find to say about the formula is how long it takes to dry.

Brush. Oscillation uses a silicone brush that vibrates. I vastly prefer bristle brushes. In my experience, silicone brushes apply more mascara in one go than I like. Oscillation is no exception. This brush deposits a stunning amount of mascara in one pass. My lashes felt wet, which, admittedly, was a new experience for me.

Application. The vibration is intended to simulate wiggling the mascara wand back and forth. Rather than wiggle the Oscillation brush, Lancome recommends pulling the brush from base to tips in straight, slow, smooth motion. This netted me drenched, stick straight, slightly stuck together lashes. Frankly, no other application variation I attempted improved the result.

Performance. Once this dried, the wear was good. This removed easily with my regular facial cleanser and water.

Oscillation is my anti-mascara. The brush was gimmicky, the formula watery and excessively wet, and the finished results were not only unimpressive but undesirable. I will not repurchase.